• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Achievement

Strange I killed tank crewman few times.

I know that but I had to mention this.

I got this one too, but the time I got it was when I used a tank to do it. Used a AT rifle before that, didn't get it.

Got the 100 kills with sniper as well, just suddenly got it once time I played with sniper. I think it was because I got 100 kills over many matches by continuing playing sniper. Without disconnecting from server once.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I got this one too, but the time I got it was when I used a tank to do it. Used a AT rifle before that, didn't get it.

So you get this achievement with a tank? :eek:

Mr. Upham how you get yours?

Got the 100 kills with sniper as well, just suddenly got it once time I played with sniper. I think it was because I got 100 kills over many matches by continuing playing sniper. Without disconnecting from server once.

I think it is a bug.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Strange I killed tank crewman few times.
Unhatched bronze, got it by warping a tank granade.

This confirms my suspicions that only exposed crew killed by explosions count towards this achivement and not small arms kills.
I got the bronze version after blowing up a T-34 while the commander was unhatched.

Upvote 0
Of thoes shown, I've got:

• Unhatched Bronze <- No idea how, had it for a while.
  • Excellence in Gunnery <- A 1 hour Gumrak match, about 30 tanks destroyed in one match (Playing as the Russian T-34 I might add!).
  • Tank Gunnery Bronze <- Some time on Gumrak, had it a while.
  • Sharpshooter Gold <- Butovo, killed 112 advancing Germans with a sniper-rifle in a single round, recent (before patch).
  • How I learned to Love the Bomb <- Germans sitting in the stairwell in the GrainElevator had a nice surprise. :D
  • Silent Killer <- This one seems to add up over different rounds / matches on different servers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This confirms my suspicions that only exposed crew killed by explosions count towards this achivement and not small arms kills.
I got the bronze version after blowing up a T-34 while the commander was unhatched.
i think you're on to something.
i was sure i'd killed a few exposed tankers with a rifle before and got nothing. stated playing engineer and threw an at grenade on a guy and got the ach.
i also got the bombs away and the love the bomb ach.'s as well.
everything seems fine with the system now, except we can't earn the campaign stuff.

Upvote 0
I have the following,

Unhatched bronze, got it by warping a tank granade.
Tank gunnery is easy to get
how i learned love the bomb isn`t difficult
Bombs away also easy

These work. Silent killer also works, but pretty sure it took more than 32 kills to get, but definitely less than 32 rounds. It's like you can get 2-3 kills per round that count, the rest don't. I randomly got it long after I stopped keeping track because I thought I should of had it.

Stonewall worked before stat reset, but doesn't now (met criteria two weeks ago) unless they fixed it in the last patch.

Sharpshooter gold is bugged, I have over 100 kills with several different marksmen guns.

Upvote 0
First, I don't know why I'm posting since I require "moderator approval" and that normally takes 4-9 days so this thread will be dead by then...

Can confirm the "Sharpshooter Gold" achievement is broken, as others have stated.

I did want to mention a couple things about the tank unlocks, however. Here are my stats so you believe I've unlocked these achievements.

As you can see, I have destroyed a tank at 1500+ meters and that's what I wanted to discuss.

A friend and I went on an empty Gumrak server about two months ago and he went to the northernmost border, and I went to the southernmost. FYI, the distance is about 2100 meters (confirmed with the kill message).

We were both in Teamspeak and one of us would fire until the other told us when we scored a hit. What's worth noting is that from the shooters perspective "hits" almost always looked like misses. They either looked like they were waaaay over the top of the tank, or they fell short and you saw the splash in the snow. But then over Teamspeak you would hear "you hit my turret". There was no reliable way to tell if you actually hit the enemy tank. Also worth noting was that we were both completely stationary.

I'm afraid between floating tanks and rounds not landing where they appear we'll probably never have the same kind of long-range exchanges like in Ostfront's Black Day July or Debrecen, which is disappointing. But I haven't given up all hope just yet...

Upvote 0