• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Video] Acer Aspire Nitro V17 ethernet internet problems

I have Acer Aspire Nitro V17 gaming laptop. I have ethernet cable, because I'm quite far away from router downstairs. The problem is that I lose connection whenever I go to a site like youtube and play a video and it automatically (after 1 minute most of the times) starts wifi, instead of ethernet... Could there be a setting that causes this?

I NEVER lose connection while I play games, but on internet browser I do.. I tried different browsers, IE and Chrome, Safari, Firefox, all the same happens.

There should a switch\button combination somewhere to disable wireless connections. Look at the sides for something slideable next to an icon or where there is wireless connection icon on one of the F keys, as in F1, F2 etc, and press Fn + F key corresponding for that icon.

Alternatively disable autoconnect to the assigned wireless network and change the router's password for wireless connections.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There should a switch\button combination somewhere to disable wireless connections. Look at the sides for something slideable next to an icon or where there is wireless connection icon on one of the F keys, as in F1, F2 etc, and press Fn + F key corresponding for that icon.

Alternatively disable autoconnect to the assigned wireless network and change the router's password for wireless connections.

Thanks for reply. I did what you said, but now it disconnects without changing to wifi. Now ethernet disconnects, but does not go to wifi. That's the only difference.

Upvote 0
Have you tried to adjusting adapter priority in Windows? If you have Windows 7, open Network and Sharing centre -> Change adapter settings -> hit alt in the new window -> Advanced (on top) -> Advanced settings and see in which priority and connection order they are. You could try disabling wireless connection in Network and sharing centre and see if the problem still persist, and enable it when necessary.

You could also looking into browser's advanced settings about network or connections. about:config in new tab and hitting enter works at least in Firefox and some versions of Opera. Alternatively go to BIOS' advanced settings on boot and see if there is anything about what to do with LAN-WLAN connections on default. Just be careful about touching anything you aren't sure of.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Have you tried to adjusting adapter priority in Windows? If you have Windows 7, open Network and Sharing centre -> Change adapter settings -> hit alt in the new window -> Advanced (on top) -> Advanced settings and see in which priority and connection order they are. You could try disabling wireless connection in Network and sharing centre and see if the problem still persist, and enable it when necessary.

You could also looking into browser's advanced settings about network or connections. about:config in new tab and hitting enter works at least in Firefox and some versions of Opera. Alternatively go to BIOS' advanced settings on boot and see if there is anything about what to do with LAN-WLAN connections on default. Just be careful about touching anything you aren't sure of.
I have Windows 8.1. I went to advanced options of my ethernet/adapter settings and aswell of my browser advanced network settings, there are all complicated settings and box I have to tick, which I don't understand what they actually do...

Upvote 0