• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Accuracy needs to be reduced on ALL the weapons ingame

Accuracy is roughly the same as in RO1, it's just that the recoils are less exaggerated. If people can manage recoil better, you're gonna be shot at more often, accurately. The only two cases in which I have spotted "accurizing" in relation to RO1 weapon behavior are hipfired MGs and handguns (the cone was far wider in ROOST).

---

Reactions: Zookerman
Upvote 0
It means when you do get in close and start bayoneting people and firing off hip shots with your kar98 in a quick close combat panicked desperate struggle, it feels ****ing awesome!

But yeah, i kind of agree.
Problem is in real life you're trying to change the direction a long stick is pointing in with stuff for it to get snagged on and such, and in the game you're just moving a mouse really quickly.
Anything to give it the same kind of reaction speed as real life would just feel like a giant hindrance.

Maybe if we force people to only play with gamepads?

Upvote 0
I completely agree. Maps like Fallen Fighters could have epic fire fights if not all players are sharp shooters. This has been my biggest problem with almost all realistic shooters. It's not realistic if everyone can hit the helmet of someone running across the street at 200 meters with the first shot. I suggest giving everyone a chance to miss even if they aim their iron sight correctly.

Upvote 0
It means when you do get in close and start bayoneting people and firing off hip shots with your kar98 in a quick close combat panicked desperate struggle, it feels ****ing awesome!
I love these moments, when two riflemen meet each other in a 10x10 room. Me and another guy eached stabbed the other with our bayonets once. Then we danced for about 5 seconds while we both bled out. I think were both shocked we were still alive and that just made us get even more frantic. I finally managed to stab him again and kill him. I almost felt bad that I was able to just bandage and walk away...because he was a worthy foe!

Upvote 0
I love these moments, when two riflemen meet each other in a 10x10 room. Me and another guy eached stabbed the other with our bayonets once. Then we danced for about 5 seconds while we both bled out. I think were both shocked we were still alive and that just made us get even more frantic. I finally managed to stab him again and kill him. I almost felt bad that I was able to just bandage and walk away...because he was a worthy foe!

Ah those moments are so fun. I had a hilarious version of such though.

Me and the other guy both emptied our pistol on each other but we both missed because we panicked. But we were like 5 meters from each other so neither of us reloads and we both opt for melee. He lands 2 hits and I land 3 hits. He senses that he's behind on damage so he sprints a bit, bandages, and keeps sprinting and I kept chasing him until his teammate showed up and blew me away with full automatic fire lol

Upvote 0
On the flip side though, I had to bayonet an MGer who was prone....about 15 times. I ended up killing his friend next to him on the second or third stab in my mad rush to take out an MG.

It must have made a ridiculous sight to the guy that shot me afterwards, me running circles around this MGer, stabbing him repeatedly, while the MGer is spinning around in circles trying to shoot me, not dying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Accuracy is roughly the same as in RO1, it's just that the recoils are less exaggerated. If people can manage recoil better, you're gonna be shot at more often, accurately. The only two cases in which I have spotted "accurizing" in relation to RO1 weapon behavior are hipfired MGs and handguns (the cone was far wider in ROOST).

---

The problem doesn't lie with accuracy. It lies with sway.

In RO1, if you held your rifle up for more than 2 seconds, you'd start to sway all over the place.

Having less stamina meant more sway. Coming out of a sprint, immediately sighting meant you'd be all over the place. Sighting from standing position also meant a lot of sway.

Unfortunately, stamina doesn't seem to mean anything in RO2. I can be sprinting to the objective, stop, sight up from standing position, hold my breath and snipe someone 200 meters away without trouble.

There is no duration in RO2 after which your sway starts to increase (your arms getting tired). You can just zoom in and hold your breath for eternity.

Reactions: MrBenn and aop
Upvote 0
As many have said before me, adding realistic sway to rifles after they have been held up for some time would add so much to immersion and realism. I mean c'mon. Weapons in WW2 were all wood and steel, extremely heavy and impossible to aim like you can in this game. You can hold your rifle up forever and not get tired.

I kinda have to agree with the OP, this really adds to the "camping" although what Nenjin said is also true.

Reactions: pepihoh and aop
Upvote 0
As many have said before me, adding realistic sway to rifles after they have been held up for some time would add so much to immersion and realism. I mean c'mon. Weapons in WW2 were all wood and steel, extremely heavy and impossible to aim like you can in this game. You can hold your rifle up forever and not get tired.

I kinda have to agree with the OP, this really adds to the "camping" although what Nenjin said is also true.
My milled receiver AK-47 copy weights the same unloaded as my Mosins, but with full 30 rounds stamped steel magazine it weights more. WW2 rifles weren't that heavy. Yes, the barrels were long but the receivers were very simple and lightweight compared to modern firearms. Weight of wood depends on type of wood used. It's not like rifle stocks were made of oak or other heavy wood materials...

edit: List of Mosin Nagant types:
http://7.62x54r.net/MosinID/MosinSpec.htm

The version ingame, 91/30, weights 4kg.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The problem doesn't lie with accuracy. It lies with sway.

In RO1, if you held your rifle up for more than 2 seconds, you'd start to sway all over the place.

Having less stamina meant more sway. Coming out of a sprint, immediately sighting meant you'd be all over the place. Sighting from standing position also meant a lot of sway.

Unfortunately, stamina doesn't seem to mean anything in RO2. I can be sprinting to the objective, stop, sight up from standing position, hold my breath and snipe someone 200 meters away without trouble.

There is no duration in RO2 after which your sway starts to increase (your arms getting tired). You can just zoom in and hold your breath for eternity.

Swaying aftr sprinting? Totally realistic. Swaying after holding up a rifle a few seconds? B.S.! After 10 seconds, maybe. The weapon weighs 8-10 pounds. Grab yourself a 1903 Springfield rifle -- comparable to a Kar98 -- get about 50 feet from a target in the standing position, ADS on the bullseye and start timing. Perhaps if you have emphysema and can't hold your breath more than two seconds, or if you weigh 110 pounds and have 11" arms you may have a problem, but for a trained soldier ...

Upvote 0
hmm...the only thing making real weapons inaccurate is the recoil and badly configured sights...I don't see why a weapon with good sights should not hit where it is aimed at.
Wind? Your breathing? Bullet drop? Many, many, other things can make guns inaccurate. You are in the battle your adrenalin is pumping, its cold, do you really think you could shoot a bird in left ball from 200m like that cause thats pretty much what can you do right now.

Upvote 0