• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

About weapon details

Hec0v0ules

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 11, 2019
Since saber started making weapons, many of the details of weapons have become very bad.

There are no details of the remaining bullets in the magazine.Models often intersect.

There's even the same sound effect.

I don't know if these problems will change in the future.

These problems started from last summer's update and continued to the latest version.

:cry::cry:

@Yoshiro

It's weird to tag a specific member of the TWI team, as if Kittenmittens alone was responsible for that.

I've seen that complaint float quite a few times around the forum in the past year or so... I remember reading that for the G18C or something.

I honestly don't think it's Saber's fault at all (even though Tripwire is indeed known for their mastery in weapon handling). I believe it's simply the rate at which every update is being released. And considering they probably allocate fewer resources* for KF2 while still keeping the same amount of updates... It gets to the point where details like pristine clean animations are less common. Mind you, the fact that the HRG weapons are mere reskins and the fact we've been getting only 2 new guns (well, one if we consider that each HRG is a recolored model) and it adds credit to my theory.

Whatever the truth, I honestly wouldn't say it's the bulk of the issue. The fact a lot of newer weapons are a bit random is more worrisome. But the animations, sounds and models are totally fine really.

*Probably because they're busy on another project at the moment

Upvote 0
Can you give us specific examples as bugs? That way there might be something we can take action on.

I mentioned before, not only a lot, but also obviously, it may involve modifying the animation, but it's really important(y)

Upvote 0
It's weird to tag a specific member of the TWI team, as if Kittenmittens alone was responsible for that.

I've seen that complaint float quite a few times around the forum in the past year or so... I remember reading that for the G18C or something.

I honestly don't think it's Saber's fault at all (even though Tripwire is indeed known for their mastery in weapon handling). I believe it's simply the rate at which every update is being released. And considering they probably allocate fewer resources* for KF2 while still keeping the same amount of updates... It gets to the point where details like pristine clean animations are less common. Mind you, the fact that the HRG weapons are mere reskins and the fact we've been getting only 2 new guns (well, one if we consider that each HRG is a recolored model) and it adds credit to my theory.

Whatever the truth, I honestly wouldn't say it's the bulk of the issue. The fact a lot of newer weapons are a bit random is more worrisome. But the animations, sounds and models are totally fine really.

What you said is very reasonable, but they did too well in the details of weapons at the beginning, but now they are too bad and extreme.
In the game, there are five main aspects of a DLC weapon: 1. Data balance; 2. Weapon modeling; 3. Weapon details; 4. Weapon skin; 5. DLC price.
Now they are changing the price of DLC and launching season pass; but the remaining four are almost unqualified.
They used to have weapon details, but now they have disappeared; and because TWI has promised that they are good at weapons, this is also an important content.
Of course, there are bigger problems in other aspects. I didn't let TWI fix all the details of weapons in one go.
I just hope that every update can fix 1-2 details of weapons, and the rest of the time will be left to the important game quality improvement.
Maybe this idea will come true when TWI concentrates on updating KF2.
This ID is one of the cores of TWI.
@Kittenmittens Thanks.
:)

Upvote 0

Thank you for your reply, too

Upvote 0