• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

About the so-called "delay"

[CoR]MiccyNarc

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Alright, yeah, I'd imagine the majority of us are a tad bit less pleased that the game is going to be released in March. I understand, I was hoping to be playing in January too.
But, goshdarnit, they never said that it WOULD be released in January.
John Gibson - The game is about 90% complete and should be available sometime in January 2006.
Emphasis mine.

I'm honestly sick of whiners constantly complaining about game release dates being pushed back. There's a reason for this delay, and no, it has 0 to do with money. Usually the longer a game is pushed back, the less interested people are, the less people buy it, the less money the game company makes. So if that's what you're thinking, please take the time to STFU.

What this "delay" means is a less buggy game. It won't be perfect (so post-release, please don't start whining about "They pushed it from the nonexistant release date and this bug is STILL in the game?"), but it will be improved and we'll have more fun!
So please, think happy thoughts, take your Prozac, and remember that the devs know 100x more than you ever will about the game's development.
In devs we trust!
Thank you for your time
[CoR]MiccyNarc
PS. Get over it.

I agree, the only thing i dislike is that this announcement was being made at the end of january. A simple post like "we will not make january" once it became clear the devs would not make the time they hoped for. Most people already saw it coming though so it shouldn't be a shock to anyone. Beside the news that new ideas will be added aswell only show dedication to the community, and clearly show that it WILL be worth the wait :D.

Upvote 0
As to why they didn't post a reply until late in January, saying that they weren't going to make it in January...simple. They were trying to make it for a release in January, with a maximum effort, and just couldn't do it. If you think you can do something, and are trying, you don't just give up in the beginning of the month and say ok, we aren't going to make it.

They realized they weren't going to make it now, and announced the March month of release. No big deal. It will be done when it's done.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Death_Eagle_571 said:
Well, March was the month of the boxed release, the Steam version could come sooner...
not really. As it was said they're taking advantage of the extra 4-8 weeks to add in additional functionality that has been suggested from these forums. We've asked for it and they're giving it to us. I don't see how anyone can be complaining.

Upvote 0
Amerikaner said:
They insinuated January, everyone got on the January bandwagon and ran with it and now they tell us march and act like this January idea never came from them. It did.

You've made your point, many times now. I've made mine. You dont have an official release date for steam. You do have an official release month for the boxed version. Now hush :)

Upvote 0
Some_God said:
Say what you will, loyal hardcore RO fanatics, but the casual, curious gamer has probably lost interest in the game since the announcement. .

Well, if that happens to be true, it would be Tripwires loss, not the hardcore RO fanatics, who will be happily fragging each other in a wwii game that is truly one of a kind.

The ONLY two games i can think of that could divert FPS time away from RO:O are Armed Assault and forgotten hope 2.

Other than that, the FPS slot is pretty much secure.

Upvote 0
Guys, no matter when this game comes out, people will be enjoying it. Now only can you bet on a lower priced release, but I am willing to bet on a product of higher quality with RO as well. I don't think we will loose potential customers for stomping more bugs and polishing the game overall.

Hasn't that been a comon ***** of the players we are trying to reach. "Release a done game, not a beta."

C'mon MARCH!!!

Upvote 0
Amerikaner said:
They insinuated January, everyone got on the January bandwagon and ran with it and now they tell us march and act like this January idea never came from them. It did.

Boo. Friggin. Hoo. Welcome to the real world, where things quite often don't work out the way you hoped they may.

For those wondering about the time difference between Steam and box, well, they said both would get the gold masters at the same time. Box versions will have press time for the media, the manual, and the actual box, as well as shipping from the printer to the distributor, and from distributor to retail outlets. Steam will get the master, and basically has to upload it to the Steam distribution servers.

I would anticipate (but NOT guarantee) that the Steam version would be available a few days to a couple weeks before the box, if not longer in some areas due to shipping delay. And then you have to get the lazy salespeople to get off their butts and actually unpack the boxes and get the merchandise on the shelf.

Upvote 0
Some_God said:
Say what you will, loyal hardcore RO fanatics, but the casual, curious gamer has probably lost interest in the game since the announcement. Do you realize the amount of games the humble RO will have to battle against... and not just any games:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24145969

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_in_video_gaming

And, although I'm not saying all of those games will be released around that time... but some will.

Heed these warnings.
How many of those games are FPS realistic tactical shooters? How many of those games let you operate tanks & infantry? How many of those games are on the eastern front WW2? How many of those games don't have crosshairs? How many of those games feature weapons and equipment that functions as realistically as possible? Word will get around to those who need a refresher once it's released, don't worry.
Valac said:
Guys, no matter when this game comes out, people will be enjoying it.
That sums it up.

Last edited:
Upvote 0