• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

About the MKB42

What I thought about the MP40 is bad enough, now this. My fears about the game are being confirmed all the time and it's very sad to see as a few game design decisions are ruining the concept and eating away at the gameplay RO was so good at.

The things I see wrong (lets forget the bugs for a moment) I can't see being fixed. I only hope at some point someone Mods it so it can fullfil it's potential, because one thing it does have is potential. Shame it's drifting more and more away from it though.

Upvote 0
What I thought about the MP40 is bad enough, now this. My fears about the game are being confirmed all the time and it's very sad to see as a few game design decisions are ruining the concept and eating away at the gameplay RO was so good at.

The things I see wrong (lets forget the bugs for a moment) I can't see being fixed. I only hope at some point someone Mods it so it can fullfil it's potential, because one thing it does have is potential. Shame it's drifting more and more away from it though.

Yeah well. We all know what crowd TWI caters exclusively to now.

Wouldn;t want to lose sales for RO3:WWII Warfare , because certain crowds can never get their hands on the swat MKB.

Upvote 0
No "elite assault".

Hero class tied to honor and in-game performance.

Only one per team.

Period.

People who didn't buy the DDE still have to unlock the MKB and the other one through stat grinding of other classes. Once you hit max-level assault, for example, you can use the MKB -as the hero only-. Once you hit max level MG-er, you can use the MG32 with saddle mags -as the hero only-.

This way, you get a heroic player who represents a hero of a certain skill set. Heroic machine gunner, or a heroic marksman, or a heroic squadleader, or a heroic assault trooper. This way, the hero has flexibility and some nifty perks and can still play the way he wants to play.

I like this idea.

Reactions: Wodin
Upvote 0
@OP I bought the Deluxe and I hate the presence of the common assault rifle in RO2, save that for Korea or Vietnam scenario.

The sad thing is that the U.S. forces fought the Korean War with the M1 Garand as its standard issue infantry weapon, and the North Koreans/Chinese with a combination of Japanese and Russian bolt action rifles. Both had sprinkling of automatics, with the U.S. converting some M1 carbines to selective fire, and the NK/Chinese having access to the PPSH. There were no assault rifles used in the Korean War, either ... that didn't come until Vietnam.

Admittedly, the Germans began to make heavy use of them LATE in the war (mostly on the Eastern Front), but not in numbers to save them by technology, and the idea of the assault rifle as the primary infantry weapon did not take hold in the West until Vietnam, with the Russians, of course, having adopted the AK47 much earlier, but not being directly involved in any armed conflicts.

Upvote 0
I think the abundance of the MKB is here to stay.

Time to put down the game for a few months and come back when we got some cool mods.

Yeah, I think I'm done.

I just played 10-15 different games on 3-4 different servers. There's no reason to even play Russians anymore unless you like being target practice. The kill announcements during -every single game- were just jammed with Mkbs. The odd lucky shot here and there, but looking at the scoreboards after each game left me feeling very depressed. The Axis just steamrolls everything now. The Allies are basically just a collection of people who didn't get to play Axis, plus one or two people who actually enjoy playing Allies (myself included).

I just have a really bad taste in my mouth after all the fun I had in the Beta. I'm probably going to go back to TF2 until the mods come out that eliminate this darn thing.

Upvote 0
Some MKB42 ownage.

MKB42 trolling - YouTube

You cannot lose with the MKB42, that's what I love about it.
Short and medium range it just wins against anything else, probably at long range too.

It needs a 4x scope I think.
Possible a bayonet.

More a case of an unbalanced map and an allied team on that video being particularly clueless, than it is actual evidence of the gun being superior (it is to a degree, but by failing to capture that house at the beginning there was pretty much not anything more they could do).

Upvote 0
What nobody seems to have realised is that when some more people reach veteran rank of assault class, they will be able to use the MKB as a russian. This means there could once again be 12 MKBs on the map... just like before patch. Not to mention people picking up the weapon from dead dudes.

Damn, forgot all about that nonsense. Oh well at least its manly to insist on using the AVT > MKb.

Upvote 0
What leaves a bad taste in my mouth is that this ISN'T the game I was sold. This got dumped on me (us) after I paid for the game and had actually played it for awhile. All the MP40's running around was bad enough. They should've been honest, explained it was gonna be just another automatic weapons shooter, and named it, "1945, Heroes of Berlin."

Upvote 0
More a case of an unbalanced map and an allied team on that video being particularly clueless, than it is actual evidence of the gun being superior (it is to a degree, but by failing to capture that house at the beginning there was pretty much not anything more they could do).

I agree. This weapon is too common.

It;s more powerful than any other rifle in the game, yet half the axis team will end up with one. This unbalances the game alot.

Even if it had these strength in real life, it was very, very rare, and seeing a random platoon being almost exclusively armed with these (or other rare weapons, g41/mp40:rolleyes:) just kills immersion. Which for me is one of the more important aspects of a game.

Upvote 0