• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

About the account information in Market, Inventory, Weapon skins, Costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddongssanda

Oct 19, 2013
I have posted this problem few months ago in Ideas and Suggestions section but got no reply.

================================

I am a user of both KF2 and CS:GO, so I felt proud when Tripwire announced the new Market feature, but later found the Market system of KF2 is a bit behind that of the latter.

1. Equip/Unequip status should be saved in the main server, just like the item possession and perk level status. Same goes for the perk skill selection.

I like to visit multiple public PC gaming cafes, and each time I play on different systems (they have hard-disk recovery utils). But because those infos are stored in the system registry, every time I have to waste time equipping the costumes, weapon skins, and selecting the perk skills all again.

2. You need to add some search filters on the Market page. In CS:GO, weapon skins can be searched through a number of filters (weapons, skin qualities, weapon collections, skin rarity, etc). Present KF2 market is chaotic: all qualities and types of weapon skins and costumes are mixed up in the list. Of course I can manually type the search conditions I want, but hey.

3. I know this one may be a bit difficult... I need maps to be loaded through the Steam Workshop. KF2 maps are way more bigger than KF1 maps, and downloading them through the game servers or manually is definitely annoying.

=================================

Those of number 2 and 3 would be a more complicated task, so let me ask just one favor for the number 1...

If the 'equipment status' (the Gear and Inventory; how your character is taking the costumes and which weapon skins are equipped) cannot be stored on the Steam Cloud, then how it is saved locally on the computer? If I know the exact path of such information, I can take them on my portable memory device and install it anywhere I go (which is the way I'm doing in many games already).

It's up to the forum members if they want to reply or not.

Creating a new thread, just because your first one went idle isn't the way to go. If every member would do such, then we will get a forum with a lot of duplicate threads/posts. For that reason this new thread will be closed. But for those that want to reply to your ideas/suggestions, below is the link to the original thread.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?p=1473445#post1473445

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.