• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

About Terrain Painting - Not saving Material at the Layer

vfn4i83'

Mar 22, 2014
I having a bit of trouble trying to set some materials for Terrain Painting process. On a single layer I try to set multiples terrain materials, withing the the same "default grass" layer, dont know at this moment if this is actually the right way, but, the editor is not allowing me to set said (multi)materials in this specific process.

Setting multiple layers gives me a abnormal behavior, on the paint process, from all map same color, and order of blend.

What I doing wrong?
Why cant I save material on the same layer or multi layer is the way to go?

You need to recache terrain materials when you move layers around or add/remove a material in terrain painting. I don't know exactly what your trying for, but I was under the assumption you put the materials on different layers and avoid putting them all in layer.

I used this to get started: Skip to 31:50 for terrain layers

DeFWbyS.png

Upvote 0
vfn4i83';n2303938 said:
The idea was to use a single layer for the entire map, since you can narrow most of it by some settings on the material, but going to set for diferent Layers for every major part on the mapÇ swamp, river, town and so on.

Hmmm, that video cleared a lot, thx.

You can use one layer with "multiple materials" by using an RGB super mask on the terrain. It's really only one material however.

Upvote 0