• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

About Terrain Painting - Not saving Material at the Layer

vfn4i83'

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 22, 2014
I having a bit of trouble trying to set some materials for Terrain Painting process. On a single layer I try to set multiples terrain materials, withing the the same "default grass" layer, dont know at this moment if this is actually the right way, but, the editor is not allowing me to set said (multi)materials in this specific process.

Setting multiple layers gives me a abnormal behavior, on the paint process, from all map same color, and order of blend.

What I doing wrong?
Why cant I save material on the same layer or multi layer is the way to go?

vfn4i83'

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 22, 2014
Solved, Editor gives null material id you dont add as a left_click>add selected material to layer> (write a neme for Material)

Kaleun

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 9, 2017
You need to recache terrain materials when you move layers around or add/remove a material in terrain painting. I don't know exactly what your trying for, but I was under the assumption you put the materials on different layers and avoid putting them all in layer.

I used this to get started: Skip to 31:50 for terrain layers

vfn4i83'

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 22, 2014
The idea was to use a single layer for the entire map, since you can narrow most of it by some settings on the material, but going to set for diferent Layers for every major part on the mapÇ swamp, river, town and so on.

Hmmm, that video cleared a lot, thx.

Last edited:

Beskar Mando

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 13, 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
steamcommunity.com
vfn4i83';n2303938 said:
The idea was to use a single layer for the entire map, since you can narrow most of it by some settings on the material, but going to set for diferent Layers for every major part on the mapÇ swamp, river, town and so on.

Hmmm, that video cleared a lot, thx.
You can use one layer with "multiple materials" by using an RGB super mask on the terrain. It's really only one material however.