• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

About Tanks + BETA

Not a noob at RO but a noob at tanks, did never have any interest in RO of playing as tank commander or whatever and did stay away from all those tank exclusive server in RO. However for the first time(due to the option of having AI crew) Im actually enjoying Tank maps and are looking forward to all exclusive tank maps in HoS. :)

Im also enjoying the beta to the fullest(even its flaws in connection issues etc, its still a BETA though ** Check support forum section, it helped me alot with my problems** ), Im afraid what the full game will do to my social life. My expectations of HoS has not only been fulfilled but surpassed.

And just think about the mods that will come + new maps, omg do you realize what we are in for??

(even though I kind of despise fanbois and their behavior; here it goes:
/HoS fanboi 4 life

I lead a tanking clan called SPEARHEAD DIVISION and have played RO1 since it came out. A few issues on the tanking that I have seen so far,

I can't figure out their armor system. Angleing, head on, and even side shots seem to have no ryhme or reason to me. I've played both the tanks and it is clear that the PzIV is better then the T34 but by what I don't know.

The T34 should have better armor and a weaker gun, but in game I can kill a P4 at long range with 1 hit sometimes (in the front) and get in close to the sides and the P4 could take 3 hits and still fight back. It seems the armor values rotate or something.

Also the tanks are very buggy atm. The hit direction chart seems to be off, the tank kills makes no sense that you get no credit for killing the tank but only the person crewing the tank? The bots can be annoying at times, I wonder if their's a way to turn their voices off.

For the most part tanking in RO2 feels like it will be better, but needs work on it badly.

Upvote 0
Their are vehicle kill points, but they seem to be very random, just like the armour system.
I hate those stupid bot voices as well, so unnecessary

edit: must remember to go out and buy a 5.1 system, that will fix those stupid voices (not)

Here's a pic.of the vehicle kills for Melbourne:

ScreenShot00003-1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't figure out their armor system. Angleing, head on, and even side shots seem to have no ryhme or reason to me. I've played both the tanks and it is clear that the PzIV is better then the T34 but by what I don't know.
This very much so for me. Tanking feels good, but it just feels too random. The majority of times you're either getting or doing 1 shot kills...or you're having to expend way too many shells to kill one tank. Sometimes you hit that happy median of 3 to 4 shells...but you're never quite sure WHY you got the kill. When you take a single hit to the front and die, why? What weak point was hit there, and why did it cause you to explode instead of just killing a gunner or the commander?

It's almost like...I'd rather have every person shot out of the tank...then have it blow up after a few seconds, because at least that makes it clearer what actually happened. Because sometimes you're dying to a hit in a critical location, sometimes you're dying to what I guess is some generic tank HP value....and sometimes you're dying to a single magical shot that doesn't seem like either a weak point hit or loss of tank HP (since you would have just spawned and would be "full".)

It seems like there's three distinct things going on with tanks:

-Hit to a critical area (causes explosion in two cases)

-Tank having taken enough rounds period to blow up

-Players inside getting picked off (the instant the last player is killed, the tank explodes)

And it's really confusing at times exactly which one of those is happening to you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This very much so for me. Tanking feels good, but it just feels too random. The majority of times you're either getting or doing 1 shot kills...or you're having to expend way too many shells to kill one tank. Sometimes you hit that happy median of 3 to 4 shells...but you're never quite sure WHY you got the kill. When you take a single hit to the front and die, why? What weak point was hit there, and why did it cause you to explode instead of just killing a gunner or the commander?

It's almost like...I'd rather have every person shot out of the tank...then have it blow up after a few seconds, because at least that makes it clearer what actually happened. Because sometimes you're dying to a hit in a critical location, sometimes you're dying to what I guess is some generic tank HP value....and sometimes you're dying to a single magical shot that doesn't seem like either a weak point hit or loss of tank HP (since you would have just spawned and would be "full".)

It seems like there's three distinct things going on with tanks:

-Hit to a critical area (causes explosion in two cases)

-Tank having taken enough rounds period to blow up

-Players inside getting picked off (the instant the last player is killed, the tank explodes)

And it's really confusing at times exactly which one of those is happening to you.

+1 I agree, the system seems in effect no better than Ostfront, because its far too random, at least in Ostfront you knew that if you hit the enemy often enough he would eventually explode, that was one thing you could be certain of, in this game nothing can be taken for granted and its just a lottery.:IS2:
I still enjoy it of course, but hits that should be certain killers,sometimes seem to have no effect at all, and its very disconcerting.

Last edited:
Upvote 0