• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

About Release Date.

Zealotone

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 26, 2011
Hi everyone,
I opened same topic on Steam forums,but here is better for more reads.

First, I want to say this is serious thread. It means I'm not trolling here.

My team all 24+ years old players, and we all have minumum 10+years Fps-gaming experience.
We decided to transfer to Red Orchestra 2 as team.
And waited the game for long time.

But I'm studying at electronics engineering departmant.
And we decided to stop playing games after summer holiday. You know University hard.

I want to say it's not about the full non-buggy game.
And I do not believe in last 2 months there will be fixing a lot of bugs; maybe a few bugs,
those ones could be fixed via an update after release.

It's about timing!

If you Release the game after all summer holiday, you will lose a lot of players.

And think; I'm an adult person, there is tons of young students who has time for playing only at summer holiday.

I have money, tons of experience and waited for looong time.
But I wont buy this game, neither will my friends. And who I asked think buying the game before.

This effects on General Sales too of course.
If you dont get ready the game as playable in holiday, then you must compete the other 2 "Big Name" in Autumn. This means huge drop on sales.
People are looking a Good Game to play at this free times.
I think missing the All Summer Holiday is a Huge publisher fault.

Nevermind,have fun everyone.

-Sorry for bad English.-

Sir,

For a dedicated community member such as my self it could come out the day before rapture..and i would still walk through burning ash and hellfire to buy it. Will it have affect on sales yes..but for the most part the people who are gonna buy this game will buy it no mater when its released.

Viva la Tripwire Viva la RO2!

-Colton Berg

Upvote 0
So, you are not gonna buy it because you won't play it in this summer?

Man, this is not a "one season" game. This is the type of game that you'll be playing for five years straight (or at least until the next RO comes).

Considering that the first RO came out in 2005/6, didn't have any marketing budget or eye candy to show, and its still being played today.

So missing the summer is not a big deal really, plus, a lot of people is on summer vacations then, in the beach or visiting other places and stuff people do on vacations, TWI could miss those customers if they released on summer.

Upvote 0
So.. seeing as the game isn't going to be finished before august unless there is some kind of miracle, qre you saying tripwire should delay the game until next summer? The release date isn't to fit some kind of marketing scheme, it is when the game is supposed to be finished. It just seems like you didn't think this through.

People will always have other stuff on their schedule. Summer might be good for you and bad for others. Also, as stated, this is not a six month game, I for one don't see anything that is coming out soon that will make me lose interest in RO2 in the foreseeable future.

Upvote 0
Games last longer then 5 months after release, I know this is a new concept to many gamers.

Games last for years, and the mods for the last even longer, Old Jedi knight: Jedi academy has a mod on it that has has about 100-200 regulars, and that game was released in 2003!

Battlefield 2 came around 2005 and is still popular compared to new releases in multiplayer.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,
I opened same topic on Steam forums,but here is better for more reads.

First, I want to say this is serious thread. It means I'm not trolling here.

My team all 24+ years old players, and we all have minumum 10+years Fps-gaming experience.
We decided to transfer to Red Orchestra 2 as team.
And waited the game for long time.

But I'm studying at electronics engineering departmant.
And we decided to stop playing games after summer holiday. You know University hard.

I want to say it's not about the full non-buggy game.
And I do not believe in last 2 months there will be fixing a lot of bugs; maybe a few bugs,
those ones could be fixed via an update after release.

It's about timing!

If you Release the game after all summer holiday, you will lose a lot of players.

And think; I'm an adult person, there is tons of young students who has time for playing only at summer holiday.

I have money, tons of experience and waited for looong time.
But I wont buy this game, neither will my friends. And who I asked think buying the game before.

This effects on General Sales too of course.
If you dont get ready the game as playable in holiday, then you must compete the other 2 "Big Name" in Autumn. This means huge drop on sales.
People are looking a Good Game to play at this free times.
I think missing the All Summer Holiday is a Huge publisher fault.

Nevermind,have fun everyone.

-Sorry for bad English.-
By your reasoning, TW won't have to worry about competition from the other 2 "Big Names" in Autumn. You and your friends and countless other younger players won't be buying or playing those two after summer holiday either.....;)

And I beg to differ. It is ALL about releasing a quality bug free game. Nothing turns me off more than paying for something that works half-arsed!

Kudos on your dedication to your studies and going back to the university to earn a degree. Not an easy thing to do. Were you in the service or just working the past few years?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP you have a point on the sales part and we all want to play the game as soon as possible,but you have to understand when some people take PRIDE in their work and what they do,and for them the final product is more important than just getting the money.

I know this for fact cause its how I'm about my work,I do work with tile,marble,granitte,wood floors and as much as I like andd enjoy the money I make sure my work looks maculate and stunning.

When you do a good job there will always be more work and money,hard and quality work is always needed,its why I'm still busy going nuts with jobs while 90% of fooring guys here in Tampa are out of work.

here is the proof

Attachments

• IMG_0417.jpg
    IMG_0417.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0440.jpg
    IMG_0440.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0269.jpg
    IMG_0269.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0219.jpg
    IMG_0219.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
here is the proof

Very nice flooring.

Continue thread.

@ OP I disagree with the idea that ROHOS will see decreased sales, as this is a game that will last longer it will probably have a more prolonged sales term instead of a very short peak like most games. Due to this it is possible that sales will even accelerate over the first few months as people talk about how good the game is.

Either way sad to hear you dont plan to buy the game, I think your missing out.

Upvote 0
I dont understand why all the haters posts. this guy has a point and he did it in a respectful manner so I think he atleast deserves a respectful response. I will be buying this game no matter what. but the fact that it comes out after school starts makes buying this game a little harder. a month after school starts broke students that dont get everything paid for by mom wont be able to shell out the 40 bucks for this awesome game.after books and tuition and lack of time it would be impossible.although, a little smart saving solves all of it. but all my friends will be buying bf3 for sure. I would rather play with all my friends than buy ro and play alone even though I love this game. Release it when you need to twi, thanks for not charging us 60 bucks for a buggy piece of crap as well.

Upvote 0
I dont understand why all the haters posts. this guy has a point and he did it in a respectful manner so I think he atleast deserves a respectful response. I will be buying this game no matter what. but the fact that it comes out after school starts makes buying this game a little harder. a month after school starts broke students that dont get everything paid for by mom wont be able to shell out the 40 bucks for this awesome game.after books and tuition and lack of time it would be impossible.although, a little smart saving solves all of it. but all my friends will be buying bf3 for sure. I would rather play with all my friends than buy ro and play alone even though I love this game. Release it when you need to twi, thanks for not charging us 60 bucks for a buggy piece of crap as well.

Dude no one is hating on him,lots of peeps agree that sales might be lost,but Quality always comes ahead of fast out the door product.We all here want RO2 as early as possible,I wish it would be available for tomorrow to purchase,but it aint,so who wants to buy and play will buy it and play it.

Upvote 0
I find it funny when people come on here and cry that the game is released not when they want it to be. That's not your decision to decide when the game is done. The game is ready to be released when it is finished, also this game like many other's agree will be epic and not just some hot summer blockbuster release such as your other titles. This game is far bigger then that, how many fps game's are built entirely on the idea's and fan base wants and need's.

This is an Indie game and as nice as you want to word your topic and say you are not trolling, you are trolling more then anything. You will buy this game anyways because it's going to be that DAMN good, your going to fail a subject or two because you'll be playing this game. some of us might lose a relationship or so due to the amount of time you put into this game. That is how good it will be.

So yes threaten that you are not going to buy it oh and your 3 friends, that's cool man real cool see you on august 30th because it's not getting released before that.

Upvote 0
Thread starter is right

Thread starter is right

Considering the summer break and the long development time of HOS, release of the game should actually be within this week. Who cares about bugs, glitches, not being able to connect to servers and so on? I mean, come on guys, what are patches made for?
As long as we can still install the game by the end of this week, we are all happy. Even more happy when after months of patching, TWI surprises us with the final patch which comes through a USD 19.99 DLC in June 2012, which will finally allow us to play the game bug free and with that 3 extra cool maps from RO (Arad, Basovka and Danzig) that of course couldn't have been included in the release version of HOS...
And then, we are all happy in June 2012 to finally have a working game and we will happily buy ROHOS battle of Kursk addon on August 30th 2012.
/ironie off

Last edited:
Reactions: nebsif
Upvote 0
nopers

nopers

This game maybe missing the main summer months where people not in school can play but realistically...anytime you have free time, if you feel up to it...you're going to play. Just like any game. As for the other 2 major titles, this game is far from those 2 games. One is a twitch shooter franchise that appeals to jumping into a game and getting right into the action. The other is a big sandbox game that has a lot of arcade elements thrown in.

This game is for a niche group I think. The realism involved and of course the timeline, sets it apart from the other 2. This game won't appeal to the masses as the other 2 will (not to mention the marketing for the other 2 is quite substantial), but those that enjoy this kind of game has and will, form a strong community. Throw in some delicious mods, and you'll get far more bang for your buck.

Upvote 0
He makes a valid point, but it is nearly impossible to gauge who will buy what product at any given time or if sales will be high or low for a product at any given release date (that is why companies usually do extensive research). The people that played RO and the ones that loved or liked it enough to anticipate a sequel, will buy the game whenever it comes out, whether it is in midst of final exams, end of summer or the end of ****ing life as we know it.

As TWI hinted at the possibility that pre-ordering RO2 will give the buyer a beta key (out of a presumed 20,000 to be given out), TWI will still make sales in summer and those who buy the game early will play it early.

And frankly real life should take precedence over any digital/gaming experience. Man up and buy and play the game when you can.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@OP

Dude i study at University as well, doesn't stop me from buying a game nor does it stop me from devoting some of my spare time to a game well worth my time either. I seriously doubt that TWI loses any significant number of customers, i'd probably argu the other way around, many folks devote the summers to not playing so much.

I agree with you completely.
First, I am a university student as well. Currently in my internship which keeps me busy 9 hours a week (1 hour is irregular; sunday, evening etc.) while I still have to make reports and assignments.
Even with a girlfriend who needs attention and even friends.
I still manage to make some time for RO1 couple of days a week and in the weekends.
Of course I don't now how hard it will be and what your personal life is, so don't take this as an insult or something, it is not intended this way.

Also you are right with your second point. OP Wants proof?
Why do you think all big games are released in the fall/winter???
Because in the summer every casual gamer is at the beach or on the terrace drinking beer.
Hardcore will get ROHOS anyway and the casual gamer (aside from OP) is at the beach. So it will not matter that much.

Also of course I agree with the 'It's not a one season game' argument.

Short: Maybe your courses will be very hard, but in my experience it will not be a reason to forget about a game.
Also the summer is a no-release zone for a reason, casual gamers are at the beach.:D

Upvote 0