• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

About Release Date.

So because you are in an university, you cannot play on weekdays, nor can you play on weekends? Sounds kinda stressful, I can't believe that I've found time to play while working or reading for the entrance exams (for an university), and I don't know any people who are in universities and can't find any time for theirself, whether the time was used for partying, gaming, other hobbies, or even a combination of those said things.

Reactions: echutter
Upvote 0
I'm hopeful that this game will keep me interested for the next 4-5 YEARS rather than the current trend of 4-5 months. Sooner is better but it isn't a deal killer for me if it is released in late summer or fall.

I'm sure the RO veterans will jump in here and confirm this: Yes, it will, if you consider how long RO1 has kept people playing - and even since the early modding days. Thanks to TW and thanks to the several mod teams and active & healthy community :D Personally, I bought RO in 2008 summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
I'm sure the RO veterans will jump in here and confirm this: Yes, it will, if you consider how long RO1 has kept people playing - and even since the early modding days. Thanks to TW and thanks to the several mod teams and active & healthy community :D Personally, I bought RO in 2008 summer.

I bought RO1 in december just to try and seen what RO2 will sort of be like.

It already hooked me for longer than the average game (6 months and going strong:D), so guess RO2 would be even better.
4-5 years MINIMUM

Upvote 0
I can see the headlines:
"RO2 looses 25 potential sales in Autumn release shocker!"

Seriously you expect a business to jump to your demands because you will be busy when they release a game....
Perhaps there will be 26 people who arent busy then? that kinda kills most of your argument.
You might have noticed but this game will be different to other "big releases" - in the fact that it WONT be a pile of over-priced crap. So it doesnt matter what other companies are doing cos their games are crap anyway and will last 2 months.
So let them release it when they are good and ready.

Upvote 0
Given the structure of the company and its goals and target audience combined with its expectations, I don't believe the release date is critical. Or that it will make much difference in the customer base it generates.

I do think they need to budget more $$'s into advertizing though. But that's another subject.

Upvote 0
So, you are not gonna buy it because you won't play it in this summer?

Man, this is not a "one season" game. This is the type of game that you'll be playing for five years straight (or at least until the next RO comes).

Considering that the first RO came out in 2005/6, didn't have any marketing budget or eye candy to show, and its still being played today.

So missing the summer is not a big deal really, plus, a lot of people is on summer vacations then, in the beach or visiting other places and stuff people do on vacations, TWI could miss those customers if they released on summer.

agree with you bro

Upvote 0
I don't know about you guys, but I work just as much during the summer as I do the fall. My brother who is a accountant has to go through tax season which gets crazy during March and April for him, yet if a game was to releas I'm positive that he would still buy the game when it comes out. You're post just doesn't make sense to me. Another example is me, I am moving into a new house on aug 29, the day before the game is released, yet I will still buy the game.

Last example I will give is COD, they release in November, yet have over 9000 (most likely over 9 million, on iPhone so I have no clue, I just know it is a lot) even though school is going on then.

One more thing I would like to add, if you are going to take time off of school, then why don't take summer classes and take the fall off? **** all happens during the summer in gaming, besides a few things. That is what I would have done if I would have gone to college right out of high school.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am engineering student and guess what, If i played games during the summer I'd be pissed and disgusted with myself. It's Summer, I'm going to be out relaxing with friends, hanging with the GF and doing summer things. I don't wanna be couped up playing games in the summer.

Thats why I love gaming in the fall , before Holdays etc...my favorite :)

Upvote 0