• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

About last decade...

...it kind of sucked, didn't it?

Personal experiences vary, of course. Still: the wars, the economy, the music, the movies, the games... lots of bad developments for all of us. Maybe it's just me being melancholic since this decade was also the end of my youth.

yup i kinda have to agree, allthought i wouldnt look on it so pessimistic

the thing is that the 90's just had a verry optimistic attitude imo and got hit hard serveral times in the verry beginning, .com bubble, 9/11, wars, economit crisis, global warming ect

and tbh i dont really expect the coming decade to be any better...

Upvote 0
or blue ray.

or online gaming...

The thing is... with Internet, we had everything we wanted. Each one lived this decade in his own way. Things from the previous decades are still famous today... it just happens that there is an overload of media and content... so nothing can really define it, there is just too much to choose. Which is IMO, not bad, I really enjoyed this decade more in terms of content...

I feel getting old and thats the bad part of it, but its not this decade's fault (It's mine for not listening to the warnings).

You can also define decades for their wars, and in that case, this one really sucked. War on Terror is the lamest thing ever made...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It was the decade of the destruction of personal freedoms, the right for privacy, the rise of nationalism and racism, the fear of immigrants and the fear of foreign. It was the decade where people realize that ideals and ideas that were right for us in the past are not working nor currect in our current time. It is the end of the American century where instead of 1 super power, we see alot of countries challanging the American hegmony over the world (N. Korea, Iran, the war in Georgia, etc..). It is the decade where terrorism returned to Europe and new nationalist movements are succesful in making new nations..

Also.. Blu Ray.

Upvote 0
It was the decade of the destruction of personal freedoms, the right for privacy, the rise of nationalism and racism, the fear of immigrants and the fear of foreign. It was the decade where people realize that ideals and ideas that were right for us in the past are not working nor currect in our current time. It is the end of the American century where instead of 1 super power, we see alot of countries challanging the American hegmony over the world (N. Korea, Iran, the war in Georgia, etc..). It is the decade where terrorism returned to Europe and new nationalist movements are succesful in making new nations..

Also.. Blu Ray.

Agreed :cool:

Upvote 0
Well here in Canada, besides being dragged to Afghanistan by some yee haw, everything's been pretty super. This decade was my 20's, got to live on my own and be who I want to be, had a few crappy relationships but just got married, gonna be an Aussie soon....

I mean sure there were bad times, but you also gotta look at the positives too.

Then again that's just me in my little corner of the world..... globally it's been crap, personally I can't complain.

Upvote 0
...it kind of sucked, didn't it?

Personal experiences vary, of course. Still: the wars, the economy, the music, the movies, the games... lots of bad developments for all of us. Maybe it's just me being melancholic since this decade was also the end of my youth.

Sounds like every decade...ever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I thought the 00's were pretty **** - looking back at previous decades they all have their own...significant upheaval (social, cultural etc). The defining event of the decade is the 11/9 attacks, and I'll be damned before hanging my hat on that. It's like saying the defining event of the 30's was the Reichstag fire...

In my eyes the 00's was just an exercise in political control and repression, despite the increased availability of knowledge, although it may be greatly clouded in rubbish - or maybe they all were, only now I'm wise enough to see it more clearly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hate people who say "this and that decade had bad music". Every decade has good and bad music. You just have to know where to look and keep an open mind, and you'll find good music. And if you think a certain decade sucked, it's probably because of personal problems. Life can be as good or bad as you want it to be, you are in complete control of it.

Upvote 0