• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A world war one mod

I don't want to let this thread die!

I support your idea at 110%...too often the Great War has been forgotten from the moding community. Too much WWII games and mods on the market....It's a luck that we have such great games as RO:OS!

Please never give up the idea of Iron Europe! That would be such a great mod!

Good luck to you all, it's a shame that I don't know how to code, model, map, texture.....I would be helping you right now!

Sgt. Lewis

Upvote 0
I played around with the banner in photoshop and I have a very early WIP mockup of the site:

IronEuropeMockuppic.jpg

Upvote 0
i can slice it and put it together in dreamweaver, need some help with a scrolling txt bar to put in the middle of the page for the content. i just dont have a server to put the site on, maybe it'd be good to start a private forum to discuss things on within the team (provided im on the team! haha)

ohyeah and im learning mapping with unrealED (though i aint got alot of time on me hands!), so hopefully i can help some more.

Upvote 0
ohyeah and im learning mapping with unrealED (though i aint got alot of time on me hands!), so hopefully i can help some more.

If your a begginer then I would highly recommend the set of video tutorials over on 3DBuzz. You need to register (Its Free) and then click video training at the top and go to 'Unreal Technology' section ;) They have tuts on almost every aspect of Unreal from mapping through to animation and coding so its a useful resource to any budding modder :p

They helped me a great deal when I started :)

Upvote 0
If your a begginer then I would highly recommend the set of video tutorials over on 3DBuzz. You need to register (Its Free) and then click video training at the top and go to 'Unreal Technology' section ;) They have tuts on almost every aspect of Unreal from mapping through to animation and coding so its a useful resource to any budding modder :p

They helped me a great deal when I started :)

yeah man thats what set me off again, i registerd and downloaded the vids the other day. i tried the UnrealED a while ago by reading pages and pages but it made me just lose interest, the videos are much easier to follow.

thanks alot anyhow mate.
really really looking forward to mare nostrum also.

i guess we need to sort out how this mod will get started, anyone who says ww1 is boring and a mod will be boring can kiss my ass. lets do it!

Upvote 0
All right, so Half sent me the .psd file of the website, and I took it apart and coded it up. I still have some work to do on it, including needing to center the table, fix the glitches in the table, and I also need the layouts for the other (about, media, ect.) pages so I can link to them from the mainpage. I'm not sure how to get a text thing to show up in the middle, so I don't think that I'll be able to help you guys with that. Half, do you think you can make the edges of the layout fade to black, so that we can use a black backround without it looking wierd? Here's the files for the site:

http://www.fileden.com/files/536/Iron Europe Website.rar

If you guys don't know, open the "Iron Europe Homepage.html" file with a web browser.
If you want to see the code, right click on the open site and click on "view page source"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ok i think we need some help, im not sure wether the site should be costructed through tables, slices, or one big background.
what else is happening other than the site production at the moment?
i would say research/plans/models/skins/sounds/ideas are the most important thing at the moment other than the website.

oh pishi il send you the version with the fadeing out sides, done some other minor tweaks too.

how would content be displayed on site? do we want editable (through html) content, or content pre-done in something like photoshop?
ahhhhhhhhhh

Upvote 0
ok i think we need some help, im not sure wether the site should be costructed through tables, slices, or one big background.
what else is happening other than the site production at the moment?
i would say research/plans/models/skins/sounds/ideas are the most important thing at the moment other than the website.

oh pishi il send you the version with the fadeing out sides, done some other minor tweaks too.

how would content be displayed on site? do we want editable (through html) content, or content pre-done in something like photoshop?
ahhhhhhhhhh

I think tables is the best idea, since I don't feel like re-doing it =P
Also predone photoshop stuff will be good, since I don't know how to code in text ontop of an image. =D

Upvote 0