• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A Weekly 'Moshpit' playlist

Sarcy

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 9, 2018
Quite simply knowing that 6 more Weekly Outbreaks are inbound there will come a point where players will only get to enjoy each one once per update.

After assisting a friend through the recent Coliseum mutator, and thoroughly enjoying it along the way, it made me think 'Wouldn't it be great if there was a playlist which cycled through the currently released modifiers?'
This would allow people to both practice them if they have yet to complete them but also simply play them more than once every few months.

The playlist itself would be randomized each time you load in, or maybe in private lobbies you could manually select, and I feel would help expand the replayability of the game.

Before anyone chimes in saying 'But wouldn't that mean you could grab all the rewards super fast?' Not if they're unavailable - the playlist's purpose is to be fun and useful not a shortcut.

I know it would make the name "weeklies" very stupid, but couldn't you just pick them whenever you want once you managed to beat them? Kinda like a juicy unlockable. That way, you'd still have to catch them up once they're available and beat them at the right time, but afterward, you'll be able to practice again (or just have some fun) at any time.

Alternatively, you could also just make them like the mutators of old... But I guess it wouldn't be as fun and many people wouldn't bother looking.

Upvote 0
Devs should embed all weeklies in endless mode, it will be great for fun & long term playability.
Are you talking about "Endless" mode under a Weekly the entire time? Or are you referring to throwing in some of the Weekly modifiers for random waves like we already have? Both carry problems.

Leaving aside that the playerbase already has enough of a time with certain waves like "Boom" and "Up, Up, and Decay", some would just be outright miserable when considering pubs, and I don't think that they'd work out without a rework of how Endless handles waves. In fact, I have problems with some of them as they're currently implemented, and others in principle:
  • Boom: We already know this one's an infamous game-ender unless your team is made of God-tier precision players, This modifier is basically an extended middle finger to anyone running certain perks, and I disagree with it on that principle.
  • Up, Up, and Decay: This one's a problem because multiplayer scaling makes it a nightmare with 6 players. The regen makes life miserable for certain perks, because unless you are prepared to instantly kill certain Zeds, you have a field of angry tanks that can regenerate. The biggest exception is if your team has an LLLLL Sharp, in which case it goes from "ridiculous" to "doable", but I don't like this one on principle just for how it completely dunks on so many perks that don't favor spike damage.
  • Bobble Zed: Bleh. Health sponges. Not the worst but not exactly fun.
  • Cranium Cracker: Is your team all chaos perks? GG. Again, this one's an issue because it completely renders certain playstyles unworkable.
  • Coliseum: Probably unworkable without some serious tweaking of the system. Assuming you could somehow program this in, it would force Berserker on the entire team at the start of the wave, meaning anyone not already Berserker is in for an unfun time since everyone else would be forced to use the knife.
  • Scavenger: Probably unworkable without some serious tweaking of the system. If the wave took away your weapons and forced you to scavenge for them, that would just be ridiculous on principle because it would eliminate progress. Can't imagine anyone being happy about getting their endgame loadout only for the game to take it away at the start of the next wave. If it let you keep your weapons going in, then it might as well not matter in the first place.
I can't comment on the others since I haven't actually played Bloodthirst yet and the Zed-Time weekly is meh.

I *could* see the weeklies working better in Endless mode if you got a warning during the preceding Trader Time so you'd know what you're up against. Currently, you only know when it pulls out the banner right as the wave starts. That would actually go a long way towards making some Endless modifiers less miserable.

Upvote 0
Are you talking about "Endless" mode under a Weekly the entire time? Or are you referring to throwing in some of the Weekly modifiers for random waves like we already have? Both carry problems.

Leaving aside that the playerbase already has enough of a time with certain waves like "Boom" and "Up, Up, and Decay", some would just be outright miserable when considering pubs, and I don't think that they'd work out without a rework of how Endless handles waves. In fact, I have problems with some of them as they're currently implemented, and others in principle:
  • Boom: We already know this one's an infamous game-ender unless your team is made of God-tier precision players, This modifier is basically an extended middle finger to anyone running certain perks, and I disagree with it on that principle.
  • Up, Up, and Decay: This one's a problem because multiplayer scaling makes it a nightmare with 6 players. The regen makes life miserable for certain perks, because unless you are prepared to instantly kill certain Zeds, you have a field of angry tanks that can regenerate. The biggest exception is if your team has an LLLLL Sharp, in which case it goes from "ridiculous" to "doable", but I don't like this one on principle just for how it completely dunks on so many perks that don't favor spike damage.
  • Bobble Zed: Bleh. Health sponges. Not the worst but not exactly fun.
  • Cranium Cracker: Is your team all chaos perks? GG. Again, this one's an issue because it completely renders certain playstyles unworkable.
  • Coliseum: Probably unworkable without some serious tweaking of the system. Assuming you could somehow program this in, it would force Berserker on the entire team at the start of the wave, meaning anyone not already Berserker is in for an unfun time since everyone else would be forced to use the knife.
  • Scavenger: Probably unworkable without some serious tweaking of the system. If the wave took away your weapons and forced you to scavenge for them, that would just be ridiculous on principle because it would eliminate progress. Can't imagine anyone being happy about getting their endgame loadout only for the game to take it away at the start of the next wave. If it let you keep your weapons going in, then it might as well not matter in the first place.
I can't comment on the others since I haven't actually played Bloodthirst yet and the Zed-Time weekly is meh.

I *could* see the weeklies working better in Endless mode if you got a warning during the preceding Trader Time so you'd know what you're up against. Currently, you only know when it pulls out the banner right as the wave starts. That would actually go a long way towards making some Endless modifiers less miserable.
If you play with good teams, endless is boring currently, because you will reach wave 50+ (or 3+ hours gaming time without pause) even if you play at sui&hoe. It should be finished in any case, so this mod needs different types of difficult events e.g. boom, cranium crackers, with much fun. After the wave 20, endless mode starts to be boring, has much more big zeds / bullet-sponge bosses. Some surprise and risk can change these ever-repeating / routine activities.

When you see the boom wave at your screen you may think we will die, but it feels fun. I mean others highly playable if boom can be played. Risk-reward relation is makes the game more beautiful. Although this mode has boom wave known as the hardest, it doesn't give you impossibleness. Even if some mode are very incoherent in terms of survivability, devs can regulate these with a little bit tweaks&updates.

I play with demo most of time (1500+ hours) and feel very challenge at bobble zed waves. Demo's nature isn't compatible with playing bobble zed wave, however I feel very fun. No perks should be god and players should target reaching wave 10-15 instead of 40-45. In addition to hoe also feels easy for experienced players at recently and needs novelties. New activities / challenges save producers (developers) from trying to bring a new difficulty that currently needed beyond the hoe. It also makes the suicidal more playable as its name deserves.

Diversity of activities is always better. Regulations can be able to do. I wish at least some easily adaptable ones were added.

Upvote 0