• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A very overlooked mod...

mamoo

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 19, 2009
East Sussex, England
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=39209

Killing Floor Deathmatch Mayhem is probably the most fun you'll ever have playing Killing Floor, and it kills me to see it slip under the radar so much.

You all start with the standard weapons, but there is no trader, instead you must find weapons around the map (most weapons can be found) and slaughter both ZEDs and other players with them. The twist in this game mode is that while you have to kill other players in a free for all style match, the specimens will still be roaming around, attacking players while you take chunks out of each other.

If anyone is interested in a match of this epic gametype, add me on Steam and I'll try and get a match or two going.

Meh, i'm not much of a competitive person to begin with, and if i wanted to kill people, i'd play tf2 or CS:S. Specimens just get in the way and are annoying as all hell when all you want to do is kill players.

For me, the problem with competitive games is that I turn into this guy in my head.

YouTube - Ultimate TF2 Rage-10minutes Long

Also, this sounds kind of interesting, although I don't think KF lends itself well to competitive gameplay.

Upvote 0
Actually, I used to play this with friends a lot. Most of them didn't like it though, for a variety of reasons :<

-Lag made it difficult to hit the host on listen servers - or in other words, me
-Not great at KF in the first place, so it was unbalanced.
-Specimens themselves were annoying in a sort of TDM setting. Blocking shots, killing unarmed players quickly on later waves, etc.

Tried hosting publicly and generally got a few newbies ruining it.
"Why are you team killing me?" "How do I get weapons?" "This sucks, change it back to the regular mode!"
After many, many explanations, and using server messages..

Personally I found it was loads of fun. Especially sniping through the fog on Manor, and goading fleshpounds/scrakes into distracting my enemies as I lobbed grenades into their hiding spots. Would love to see this played more often.

Upvote 0