• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A small tweaking guide

Okay there are two lines that seem to affect the ironsights under RoGame.RoPlayerInput
Ironsights and Rightmouse button
Please post your entire working lines on which ever one you changed. Thanks.

Oy, again????
Lol ok once more for the sticky:

Find:
Code:
[ROGame.ROPlayerInput]
Bindings=(Name="Ironsights",Command="Ironsights | onrelease Toss",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Change to:

Code:
Bindings=(Name="Ironsights",Command="Ironsights | Button bIronsights | OnRelease Ironsights",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Post whether it works or not for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oy, again????
Lol ok once more for the sticky:

Find:
Code:
[ROGame.ROPlayerInput]
Bindings=(Name="Ironsights",Command="Ironsights | onrelease Toss",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Change to:

Code:
Bindings=(Name="Ironsights",Command="Ironsights | Button bIronsights | OnRelease Ironsights",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Post whether it works or not for you.
This did work much Thanks! Now I am trying to figure out how to make this work for other things such as crouch I have tried several things I thought would work but no luck. Seems that there are several binds for crouch aka duck, Toggl_Duck, ToggleCrouch and so it is a bit confusing. Anyone have luck toggling this or the overhead map?

Upvote 0
The following lines would seem to toggle showing the map when you press and hold the O button on release the map would go away. Anyone have any other ideas on how to make the map only show when you have the button pressed. Same goes for Crouch below. Thanks.

Code:
Bindings=(Name="Toggl_Map",Command="ShowOverheadMap",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="O",Command="Toggl_Map 
| Onrelease 
Toggl_Map",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Code:
Bindings=(Name="C",Command="Toggl_Duck | Onrelease 
Toggl_Duck",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Code:
Bindings=(Name="Toggl_Duck",Command="ToggleCrouch | Button 
bDuckHeld",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Upvote 0
The following lines would seem to toggle showing the map when you press and hold the O button on release the map would go away. Anyone have any other ideas on how to make the map only show when you have the button pressed. Same goes for Crouch below. Thanks.

Code:
Bindings=(Name="Toggl_Map",Command="ShowOverheadMap",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)
Bindings=(Name="O",Command="Toggl_Map 
| Onrelease 
Toggl_Map",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Code:
Bindings=(Name="C",Command="Toggl_Duck | Onrelease 
Toggl_Duck",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Code:
Bindings=(Name="Toggl_Duck",Command="ToggleCrouch | Button 
bDuckHeld",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

Do it like I did:

Code:
Name="HoldToCrouch",Command="ToggleCrouch | Button 
bDuckHeld | OnRelease ToggleCrouch"

Problem is, I can't get crouch to work while using MG, even though it's in that code.

'ToggleCrouch', 'Toggl_Duck', and 'Ironsights' are all boolean functions, meaning they change their variable to either True or False. If it's true, toggle changes it to false. If it's false, toggle changes it to true.

The game likes it when you put a second variable in between the two toggles. That way it has something else to do instead of sticking because there are two identical function calls back to back triggered by a continuous state.

'Button <boolean variable>' and 'OnRelease <boolean variable>' are both boolean functions as well, but they are user interface controlled, and trigger when the user does something (hold down the button, release the button).

Also,
Code:
Bindings=(Name="Toggl_Map",Command="ShowOverheadMap"
Bindings=(Name="O",Command="Toggl_Map | Onrelease Toggl_Map")
should be
Code:
Bindings=(Name="O",Command="ShowOverheadMap | button bShowOverheadMap  | Onrelease ShowOverheadMap")
But, does it work?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey guys,

First and foremost, thank you very much for this guide as it has helped a lot with getting better FPS without losing too much detail (playing on everything low is just no fun :cool: ). Disabling the Steam Community in game for me was one of the biggest boosters :mad: But I thought i'd post here since I have been trying everything to squeeze as much Frame Rate out of my rig as possible and wanted to see if I can get just a little more as I am currently hovering around 29 - 35 fps.

Below are my system specs as well as everything I've done in game and in the .ini file to help improve performance. If you can and if you're running similar hardware please!!! let me know what your FPS is and what you've done to achieve it if its higher than mine. At this point I think my bottle neck is the processor and its lack of speed.

My Hardware Specs:
USING FRAPS to verify FPS in game
CPU: AMD X2 64 3800+ overclocked to 2.5Ghz
M/B: Asus A8N-SLI-Premium
Memory: 4 sticks of Corsair 512 meg (2 gigs total)
Video Card: Nvidia GTS 450 (1 gig model)

RO Setting tweaks I've done:

• Disabled the tick options like lightrays blur and bloom
    Set the shadow settings lower
    Set the lightning settings lower
    Disable the steam community ( HUGE IMPACT!)
    Played around with the occlusion level for different - higher actually improved FPS by 1 - 3.
    depthoffield = FALSE (gives up to +20 fps for some people)
    MaxMultisamples = 0 (disable regular anti aliasing)
    MaxAnisotropy = 1 (disable anisotropic filtering)
    AllowRadialBlur=False
    MotionBlur=False
    for some users the following helps as well.
    CompatLevelCPU = 4

Again this did improve things but I want to see if there is anything I can do to get just a little more! Please let me know if you can help!

:IS2::)

Upvote 0
RO Setting tweaks I've done:

• Disabled the tick options like lightrays blur and bloom
    Set the shadow settings lower
    Set the lightning settings lower
    Disable the steam community ( HUGE IMPACT!)
    Played around with the occlusion level for different - higher actually improved FPS by 1 - 3.
    depthoffield = FALSE (gives up to +20 fps for some people)
    MaxMultisamples = 0 (disable regular anti aliasing)
    MaxAnisotropy = 1 (disable anisotropic filtering)
    AllowRadialBlur=False
    MotionBlur=False
    for some users the following helps as well.
    CompatLevelCPU = 4

Again this did improve things but I want to see if there is anything I can do to get just a little more! Please let me know if you can help!

:IS2::)
You can disable the dynamic shadows completely, just serach fopr it in the engine.ini "dynamicshadows" together

They changed this in the first patch iirc, but you can change it back and then hear all three voices again. :)
Mine allready was on false.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Something I've checked out when Mike Nomad mentioned it to someone else - by using small program called Game Booster 3 I am now able to play in Red Orchestra 2 on ultra settings when before my PC has struggled to work on medium/low.

All it does is shutting down useless/needless programs, downloads etc. to free system resources you don't even know of for the duration of the playing. You can choose what to disable and what not, if you'd like to have FRAPS enabled for example to see your FPS and it's easy to use.

Upvote 0
which one post processing gives you better visibility - war movie or enhanced? or normal maybe? i think that with normal post processing visibility is the worst (tested on fallen fighters).

what else can i do to improve visibility? anyone turned off fog? (i'm playing on low contrast 15'' laptop monitor so this is big issue to me). also i think visibility is better with depth of field turned on, but motion blur off

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Please Help[Startup Issue]

Please Help[Startup Issue]

Well When i try to start the game it just crashes at the splash screen
This is the error i get
Spoiler!

Please help
I Have tried deleting binaries and config
I Have tried completely re-installing the game
And i have tried reinstalling the redist things

Upvote 0