• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A small idea that could make a nice impact.

Multiplayer campaign, yeah, we got it, it's delayed, it had problems but people loved being stuck with the same group of fellows during the battles. I really hope we can do more testing on this because I think this is one of the more community forming game modes we need in HoS.

RIGHT, onto the idea, it's pretty simple, not too flashy either. Release Multiplayer Campaign before or along side Rising Storm. Why you ask? Because I think if we had a Campaign for both Stalingrad and the Pacific front, the game would hold a lot of people in again. Imagine it, being on your favorite server, fighting over Stalingrad for hours, you and your team communicating and such, after you have finally won or lost the war, the campaign map switches! You are now fighting for either America or Japan on the Pacific front campaign. You then proceed to stick along your team for an exciting island hopping campaign for your country. A couple months later, the custom campaigns start to appear featuring custom map campaigns made and crafted by your favorite server's admins and map makers.

How will this make impact? Well, MP Campaign was one of those lost features that was put aside for more beneficial focuses, but I think it will attract some more players back seeing that TWI is putting those things in albeit late. And having a Rising Storm campaign will make it all the more tantalizing to spend resources on what island to attack or defend next for those Pacific war junkies ;)

I know the basic framework and general art UI and layout is still there, we tested it. I'm not sure what kind of tweaking it exactly needed other than team balance and maybe an voted surrender and more meta-gaming opportunities, maybe separate tank reinforcements too. But all that aside, I think it will be a fantastic feature to wave around at the launch of Rising Storm.

Thoughts?

RIGHT, onto the idea, it's pretty simple, not too flashy either. Release Multiplayer Campaign before or along side Rising Storm. Why you ask? Because I think if we had a Campaign for both Stalingrad and the Pacific front, the game would hold a lot of people in again.

Thoughts?

Problems : RO 2 has his style and game play. RS will have its own style and gameplay. (capture and destruction of bunker respawn).
Make a campaign who unit RO 2 and RS will give more problems than solutions. I am not sure it's a good solution.

New content as multiplayer campaign in RO 2 will attract more surely people than RS + RO 2 mixed campaign.
Let's Tripwire make a campaign for RO 2 and a campaign for RS. First campaign of Stalingrad need to be launched, and campaign of Pacific too. But NOT UNITED. Mixed campaign is not the way to start the campaign.

This RS + RO 2 mixed campaign can be done in WW2 online style. But wanted a mixed campaign will add more difficulties to Tripwire creators. The job is already hard to realize to them. Don't add anothers difficulties.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Problems : RO 2 has his style and game play. RS will have its own style and gameplay. (capture and destruction of bunker respawn).
Make a campaign who unit RO 2 and RS will give more problems than solutions. I am not sure it's a good solution.

New content as multiplayer campaign in RO 2 will attract more surely people than RS + RO 2 mixed campaign.
Let's Tripwire make a campaign for RO 2 and a campaign for RS. First campaign of Stalingrad need to be launched, and campaign of Pacific too. But NOT UNITED. Mixed campaign is not the way to start the campaign.

This RS + RO 2 mixed campaign can be done in WW2 online style. But wanted a mixed campaign will add more difficulties to Tripwire creators. The job is already hard to realize to them. Don't add anothers difficulties.

You seem to think I was talking about 1 large campaign. I wasn't. Please read it again, I never once mentioned that the campaigns should be united as you put it. I just want the option for RS to have a campaign too so servers who want to run both campaigns can do so.

Upvote 0
If its in a playable state (a.k.a been run through the community in some sort of extensive beta) then why not. But otherwise its not worth the inevitable ****storm that its gonna cause "ANOTHER BROKEN FEATURE, SCAM!!"

Thing is, when I tested it, I never saw much of a problem with how it actually works. Everything is pretty much there, they either need more testing or more tweaks. The only major issue I can think of is team balance and abandonment. I saw in another thread that some Russian black magic has brought this beast alive, maybe that's for the better :p

Upvote 0