• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A second/third Medic Gun?

Ok Im trying to address some things here:

TreeTrample: The medic doesnt get an ak that shoots healing and poison grenades. That seems like my idea with a commando tacked on. It just doesnt sound right to me at all.

You see, the appeal of this weapon idea is that its also lightwieght (shoulda mentioned that), so a medic can carry this, and either something nice to shoot with, or the mp79 + something light. I mean, after all the point of the medic is to heal, and service and generally boost his teammates, being able to work with less cash but grabbing the least kills.

This weapons encourages that behavior. If you want to be a medi-zerker, or sometjing less thats fine with me (or perhaps the magical healing sword
paladin of holy light. All that needs is a :IS2: to be any more amazing :D)This idea is all about being a medic, not a rambo, although it is so light that it can allow room for self defence, and also helps the medic take a prominent, but not overbearing role.

But there is something in this....perhaps it launches gas canisters instead of darts? I like darts better, but gas might be better and I dont know it yet.

Upvote 0
as i already argued in my comments in the "m14" thread......my thoughts for another medic gun:

give the EBR to the commando to replace the bullpup. the bullpup can then go to the medic as a second "weapon" for the perk to specialize with. it will then have one smg and one assualt carbine. maybe even let the healing dart attachment be added to the bullpup :eek::)

the sharpie is "nerfed" quite a bit, the commando remains roughly balanced, the medic is "boosted" with another gun

Why take the Bullpup from the Commando? I only play commando and honestly i hate the AK. I mostly use the Bullpup unless something big comes up.

Upvote 0
Why take the Bullpup from the Commando? I only play commando and honestly i hate the AK. I mostly use the Bullpup unless something big comes up.

if you read my entire suggestion, moving the EBR would give the commando 4 weapons: bullpup, AK, SCAR, EBR

some people would consider that to be too "overpowered" for the commando to have so many weapons (although the SCAR and EBR would be interchangeable). so what i added onto the suggestion was to move the bullpup to the medic since it's very similar in funcitonality to the mp7, at least more similar to that weapon than any of the other commando weapons. that way the commando would have less weapons and the medic would also get an alternative weapon to use with the mp7 (which the perk currently lacks a second "class" specific weapon).

stats wise, the EBR and SCAR would be equal as tier3 commando weapons, so imo i'd not have a problem with the perk having 4 weapons. however i like the suggestion that somebody made to go ahead and move the bullpup to the medic (as it could really help the medic) and just add one weapon into the game to replace that empty commando spot.....that weapon would be the L85 that was originally in the game.

Reactions: SMIFF
Upvote 0
Having two nearly identical tier 3s and no tier 1 would be unbalanced.
I don't think Commando needs to get into any balancing changes, and I don't think many commandos want significant changes.

A new med gun and a vast m14 change could be great though.

A dart launcher with four darts with halved healing abilities would be nice. It would have the same total healing power of the MP7 dart launcher, but it would allow it to be distributed with more versatility.

An accurate med gun would be a very welcomed change of pace against the MP7. I still like the idea of an American 180. (or the MGV-176 knockoff) Very fast, quite accurate even with high-rpm automatic fire, extreme magazine capacity, terrible individual bullet damage. This way, you can use it at long range, with fully automatic fire, without wanting select fire anyways, (since individual shots would be too weak to bother with) and it can be balanced by having crazy weak individual shots without being too unrealistic. You can think of it as being somewhat similar in function to some kind of continuous beam laser gun. It would be a nicely unique weapon, and the Medic presents a perfect opportunity for such a weapon. Commando could have it as an alternative tier 1 or 2 or something, but they would benefit less from a new gun than medic, since they have enough already.

I think I might be repeating myself, but I think the last time I gave this spiel was in another thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Remind this guy where Killing Floor is set, please. :rolleyes:

The only guns in the game are from Europe. The SCAR and MP7 are the only ones that seem american. SCAR is from Belgium, MP7 is German.

EDIT: The AK isn't european, of course. But it's deffo in reach of people in the UK. There's a couple of them stored nearby where I live.

Ironically, the Bullpup is the only British gun in the game.

I propose that at least two British guns get added.

If I don't see a Bren Gun or a Sterling I will rage.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
if you read my entire suggestion, moving the EBR would give the commando 4 weapons: bullpup, AK, SCAR, EBR

some people would consider that to be too "overpowered" for the commando to have so many weapons (although the SCAR and EBR would be interchangeable). so what i added onto the suggestion was to move the bullpup to the medic since it's very similar in funcitonality to the mp7, at least more similar to that weapon than any of the other commando weapons. that way the commando would have less weapons and the medic would also get an alternative weapon to use with the mp7 (which the perk currently lacks a second "class" specific weapon).

stats wise, the EBR and SCAR would be equal as tier3 commando weapons, so imo i'd not have a problem with the perk having 4 weapons. however i like the suggestion that somebody made to go ahead and move the bullpup to the medic (as it could really help the medic) and just add one weapon into the game to replace that empty commando spot.....that weapon would be the L85 that was originally in the game.

Yes, but heres the problem:

The giving the bullpup to the medics is like giving the chainsaw to the firebug.........but i wont get into that.

Anyways, why not add a dart gun to that? It gives the medic 3 weapons of diff tiers, and i dont think anyone would object to that. The only part theyd object to, likely, is the bullpup part

And on top of that, I honestly think that if your plan was enacted, there would be more protest to giving away the bullpup than any other part.

So I will remain indifferent in this random tangent, and totally nuetral.

After all, my idea works either way, so it makes little difference to me(on this thread, although Id happily get in the mix if that was its own thread.)

Upvote 0
The giving the bullpup to the medics is like giving the chainsaw to the firebug.........but i wont get into that.

why? the mp7 is a semi/full auto smg, and the bullpup is a semi/full auto light assault rifle (technically a carbine). the bullpup with the dart attachement would be nearly identical to the mp7 which the perk already has. giving the chainsaw to the firebug on the other hand, would make absolutely no sense.

Anyways, why not add a dart gun to that? It gives the medic 3 weapons of diff tiers, and i dont think anyone would object to that. The only part theyd object to, likely, is the bullpup part

the only reason i suggest the bullpup is that it'd have to include the dart attachement that the mp7 has in order to keep it tied in with the medic perk. the medic is already as effective as it will ever be for healing. it's got a powerful syringe and a mobile/repeating dart gun as it is. the only thing holding the perk back is it's inability to significantly contribute to killing. adding the bullpup would give it a tier3 weapon as the weapon would be slightly more powerful than the mp7 in terms of killing, which medics currently buy non-perk weapons (helping to result in unbalanced gameplay) to become more legitimate threads as "killers"

And on top of that, I honestly think that if your plan was enacted, there would be more protest to giving away the bullpup than any other part.

some people have already been going bonkers regarding the bullpup suggestion as it is. honestly, they can protest my idea as much as they want but i won't care. i have given enough support for my idea as to why it could be moved whereas all they have is opinions that "but it's a commando weapon" or "medics shouldn't be able to kill".......

there's nothing really random at all about me posting my suggestion. the title of the thread is "A second/third tier Medic gun?" you suggested an idea, i suggested an idea. i could see the effectiveness of your idea.......which correct me if i'm wrong, but it's basically a tranquilizer gun? what about a combination of our two ideas? instead of the bullpup being fitted with the same healing darts as the mp7, how about it is fitted with an attachement that fires tranquilizer darts? then it'd provide something more unique than the mp7.

Upvote 0
Medic doesn't need a stronger weapon. It's a Medic. If you're playing as a Medic and want a strong weapon for killing things, buy one of the other perk's weapons, since they're far better at doing the job.

On this subject, i say the Xbow is the best weapon for a medic to have as backup. If you spawn as Sharpshooter, you can drop and instantly pick up the Xbow to reorder it beneath the MP7M. With the Xbow a Medic becomes a real threat to all specimens, even capable of soloing Fleshpounds given the right circumstances. (1st shot rages, 2nd shot decaps, 3rd kills)

The SCAR or [DERP] M14EBR [/DERP] could be good if they didn't take the prime position in the special weapons slot. The Katana is ok, though Medic should really take the Xbow if they want to KO Scrakes.

On the subject of the unofficial Zerdic perk, it should be nerfed.

Oh and an offensive weapon that directly deals damage would not be good for Medic, as it would distract them from their purpose.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
On this subject, i say the Xbow is the best weapon for a medic to have as backup. If you spawn as Sharpshooter, you can drop and instantly pick up the Xbow to reorder it beneath the MP7M. With the Xbow a Medic becomes a real threat to all specimens, even capable of soloing Fleshpounds given the right circumstances. (1st shot rages, 2nd shot decaps, 3rd kills)

The SCAR or [DERP] M14EBR [/DERP] could be good if they didn't take the prime position in the special weapons slot. The Katana is ok, though Medic should really take the Xbow if they want to KO Scrakes.

On the subject of the unofficial Zerdic perk, it should be nerfed.

Oh and an offensive weapon that directly deals damage would not be good for Medic, as it would distract them from their purpose.

Thats exactly what I'm saying! the medic can become deadly already, and an offensive weapon for it would be against their purpose!

And while they do need to defend themselves, my proposed dart gun has a low cost (for medics) and a low weight, allowing them to carry a proper killing weapon. This additional weapon would be attractive in that they add to the medic purpose of keeping the team running at full velocity, and is just adding an additional option of boosting the teammates as well as just healing. This adds an extra dimention to the perk, as well as a kind of passive but powerful new role.

However, much of the opposition thinks that what the medic class is is a perk for light machine guns, which is wrong; its a perk for healing and upkeep.

And, for gods sake, if you are actually serious about just adding a dart attache to already existing guns, thats both unoriginal and rather counterproductive. I mean, you can add another gun that can heal and protect (and you can do it along with the dart gun, as the dart gun is a whole different level), but at least be creative with it, and keep balance in mind

Anyways, adding a whole new way of medics healing a team would actually keep them more occupied with focusing on monitering the team then going rambo. And while going rambo medic can be fun, it's not the purpose of the medic (explained by the lack of medic-specific weapons catering to that form of play). If we really wanted that to be the medic identity, why not call them 'paladins' or some other offensive thing.

I am Timur and I approve this message

Upvote 0
However, much of the opposition thinks that what the medic class is is a perk for light machine guns, which is wrong; its a perk for healing and upkeep.

i really don't think people have that exact idea of what the medic class is for. me for example, i am tired of seeing medics buying crossbows or katanas to become better killers as that is not their role. however i do understand that the class has to have some type of actual "weapon" to keep it engaged in the action. TW adding the mp7 was absolutely brilliant since it allowed the medic to have something to kill with and something to heal with.

the idea that light machine guns belonging to the class is the result of the mp7 being an smg. the functionality and nature of an "smg" type weapon fits well with the perk as those types of weapons are small in size, light in weight, relatively weak in damage, and have a high rate of fire to make up for the lack of damage. so when somebody like me made the proposition to move the bullpup to the medic, the gun fits that "smg" mentality that's already seen in the mp7.

And, for gods sake, if you are actually serious about just adding a dart attache to already existing guns, thats both unoriginal and rather counterproductive.

well not if that dart does something different then the current healing darts......which your idea is a dart that tranquilizes zeds and give adrenaline to team mates correct?

I mean, you can add another gun that can heal and protect (and you can do it along with the dart gun, as the dart gun is a whole different level), but at least be creative with it, and keep balance in mind

no offense, but the dart gun you described on its own, would be pointless. however the concept of what the darts do is the key to this basic idea. a traquilizer dart IS a great idea. it does something useful, and something different that all the other "healing" objects (syringe, darts) the medic already has available.

my suggestion of applying your "dart gun" idea as an attachment for the bullpup would give a uniqueness to the weapon from the "medic" role standpoint, while giving the perk another means of killing so that medics aren't buying non-perk weapons like katanas, crossbows etc...... plus, balance would be kept intact.

Anyways, adding a whole new way of medics healing a team would actually keep them more occupied with focusing on monitering the team then going rambo.

yup agreed, which is why i like your idea for an alternative "healing" dart. i think of the medics role as the team's "guardian" or "protector". the current medic darts/syringe heal team mates. your tranquilizer/adrenaline dart idea would protect your team mates by giving them a boost or slowing down the enemies. that's why i love the concept. however i just don't see the idea, by itself, making much of a difference. after seeing the way most medics play that role, they want more of an ability to kill. so i say give them that ability with something like the bullpup, but better encourage them to "protect/heal" their team mates with something like your dart idea in the form of a weapon attachement. :)

Upvote 0
Well the bullpup has always been with the commando and always will be. If this so called dart attachment was optional then I would undoubtfully say yes. But if the Bullpup just said bye to the Commando and went to the Medic then I would again say no because like I said the bullpup will always be with the commando. And lemme guess the bullpup shud go to the medic and the AK47 shud be the commando's Tier 1 and the SCARMK17 shud be the Tier and the M14 shud be the Tier 3, right? Yeah I probably am but fortunately this will NEVER happen but I do like your ideas and statements, they are very convincing, but there is just one thing wrong, why? Whats the point? It would be easier to nerf the M14EBR and leave everything else where it's at.

Last edited:
Upvote 0