• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A second/third Medic Gun?

Well i believe he said that the targeted specimen targets the closest living thing, be it specimen or player.

And as for the fact you want the gun light, would a lighter gun have less ammo than the (slightly) heavier gun? Or would the ammo stay the same.

i.e. My bolt-action dart gun has 57 darts and weighs 5. If it was reduced to 2-4, would the ammo go down to 30-40?

Would the gun have infinite darts like the MP7M or have limited darts?

Im thinking about the same amount of ammo. Because unlimited seems like a bit much, but too little ammo discourages people from using, or even buying, it. A nice amount of ammo should stop it from becoming useless, but not overusing it, or perhaps abusing it.

And a taser stunning a scrake that can take a full AA12 clip? To the head?! It seems a tad farfetched in that department, but I think it could work in many other ways.

And, after all, with these passive medic weapons, why not make a selection? It seems perfectly suitable for an entire vareity for players to choose. That way, they have to pick the right weapons to suit their playstyle, or the strategy. And if the player wants to carry a bunch, it would weight him past ramboing, but enable him to help the team further. The player would be given a whole set of possible setups, and the variability allows for loads of choices!

Upvote 0
Im thinking about the same amount of ammo. Because unlimited seems like a bit much, but too little ammo discourages people from using, or even buying, it. A nice amount of ammo should stop it from becoming useless, but not overusing it, or perhaps abusing it.

And a taser stunning a scrake that can take a full AA12 clip? To the head?! It seems a tad farfetched in that department, but I think it could work in many other ways.

And, after all, with these passive medic weapons, why not make a selection? It seems perfectly suitable for an entire vareity for players to choose. That way, they have to pick the right weapons to suit their playstyle, or the strategy. And if the player wants to carry a bunch, it would weight him past ramboing, but enable him to help the team further. The player would be given a whole set of possible setups, and the variability allows for loads of choices!

It's not killing the scrake, it's just overriding his ability to be able to move. I guess allowing it to still attack would be okay o_O

Upvote 0
Whatever the method, i want to see this happen.

Just once.

On a YouTube video then uploaded here would be nice ;)

Do you mean, you want to see a guy get tasered? Or you want to see a KF taser made? Or you want to see a scrake get tasered?

So now we have a good 3 new medic gun ideas (one if which is pretty much refined, one a debatable but refined take on an old gun, and one newly made but supported), and I think that if we were to add all of these.....

Then the role of the medic and medic tactics would massively change and expand.

If all of these were added, then the ways a medic could help his team would be greatly expanded. And yet, not quite enough to distract from the ever-present healing duties.

And for that, I support all of this greatly:D

I would love to see a medic revoloution!

Upvote 0
Do you mean, you want to see a guy get tasered? Or you want to see a KF taser made? Or you want to see a scrake get tasered?

So now we have a good 3 new medic gun ideas (one if which is pretty much refined, one a debatable but refined take on an old gun, and one newly made but supported), and I think that if we were to add all of these.....

Then the role of the medic and medic tactics would massively change and expand.

If all of these were added, then the ways a medic could help his team would be greatly expanded. And yet, not quite enough to distract from the ever-present healing duties.

And for that, I support all of this greatly:D

I would love to see a medic revoloution!

I want to see a Medic taser a Scrake, then the rest of the team kife-rush it.

Unbalanced, unfair, whatever. This would be awesome and i want so see a video of this happening.

Upvote 0

Unfortunately, I am finding fewer people that weld zeds to death for lulz on wtfmod, so I am having trouble getting a pic of it (since it is now a rare occurence for weld-rushes).

But what I am trying hard for is to have the entire team surround and welder-rush the patriarch. Now THAT will be epic!:D

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, I am finding fewer people that weld zeds to death for lulz on wtfmod, so I am having trouble getting a pic of it (since it is now a rare occurence for weld-rushes).

But what I am trying hard for is to have the entire team surround and welder-rush the patriarch. Now THAT will be epic!:D

Well it seems that i've derailed the thread :eek:

So back on track timur.

The Dart Gun:

Bolt-Action Single-Shot, gas-powered.
Do damage whatsever, but a powerful heal and a tranquilising dart can be fired.
Each dart must be manually loaded into the dart gun, and you can switch what dart by pressing alt fire. You cannot switch darts when a dart is chambered however, so you will have to choose wisely.
It has 45 darts and the ratio of healing to tranquiliser darts is not set, so you will never run out of one or the other.
Each dart will use 100% of the weapon's charge, with the healing dart being 20% more powerful than the syringe or MP7M.
Weight is 4, not as realistic as 5-7 but for Medic it will do.
This gun would have luminous (glow-in-the-dark) sights, which would be unique.

This is pretty much the idea for the standalone weapon.

If someone would like to post the stats for the L22 attachment then be my guest.

Upvote 0
Why does the medic need more weapons? I think the mp7 is fine enough as it is. Hell, i don't even use the mp7 because it's buggy as an ant farm. The syringe is my first and only love.

Well, as I said earlier, this would add a lot of dimension to the medic perk, and keep the classic feild medics focused on their team. It allows for medics to help out more, while sticking with low firepower.

And, honestly, I think it would be pretty fun being able to use these weapons, and in a uniquely medic-like fashion.

And yes, the mp7 is buggy, but thats a whole new thread, no?

Upvote 0
Well, as I said earlier, this would add a lot of dimension to the medic perk, and keep the classic feild medics focused on their team. It allows for medics to help out more, while sticking with low firepower.

And, honestly, I think it would be pretty fun being able to use these weapons, and in a uniquely medic-like fashion.

And yes, the mp7 is buggy, but thats a whole new thread, no?

Well it is buggy, but hopefully this new dart gun isn't.

And as always, variety is good. Focusing the medic on the team rather than the sepcimens is a step in the intended direction, i do believe that zerdics aren't very good for teams.

More guns for medic with different purposes. I guess it's like 9mm/DHC/LAR/Xbow/M14 for SS. DHC for firepower, M14 for noob spamming, 9mm/Xbow for precision shooting, LAR for faster precision.

Different weapons for different tactics and playstyles. Though medic would benefit from this more IMO.

Upvote 0
Well it is buggy, but hopefully this new dart gun isn't.

And as always, variety is good. Focusing the medic on the team rather than the sepcimens is a step in the intended direction, i do believe that zerdics aren't very good for teams.

More guns for medic with different purposes. I guess it's like 9mm/DHC/LAR/Xbow/M14 for SS. DHC for firepower, M14 for noob spamming, 9mm/Xbow for precision shooting, LAR for faster precision.

Different weapons for different tactics and playstyles. Though medic would benefit from this more IMO.

Yes, exactly:D

And in my opinion, the medic is one perk that really has the largest amount of possible weapons. With so many non-offensive, medic-like weapons that could be made, it would appear that the medic perk might actually apply to a large amount of diverse weapons.

Although, as I have said, I believe that the dart gun would be the most appropriate, at least for now. However, the taser and ZED-time weapons hold enough feasability to tie for second in that department

Upvote 0
Purposefully induced zed time? No thanks. Frankly, if you want to add more stuff to medic, i'm cool with it. But not something with so much OPness or potential to grief as activatable zed time.

Yeah, thats why Im not listing it along with the dart gun. It needs plenty more debate and ironing out on its own thread before returning to the list of theoretical medic weapons.

Upvote 0
Well I don't have anything new to say.

Tier 1 is syringe

Tier 3 is MP7

Tier 2 should be something that shoots darts only.

We don't even need the Tier 2 either. Simple.

do you mean only healing darts, or a variation of healing and other possible things? I personally support the latter, but I agree that a focus on darts would do well for the tier2.

Upvote 0