• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A second/third Medic Gun?

This one:
dan%20inject%20dart%20gun.jpg

Or something like this:
crosmandiscovery.jpg

Maybe not with a limited gas supply, or then again maybe that would make it interesting to use.

They both look awesome, but the one on the bottom just seems a bit cooler. But maybe thats just because I use the Lever Action Rifle to much :D.

But if it would have ammo, Id say a lot of ammo, because it really cant KILL anything directly. Perhaps more ammo with perk leveling as well?

However, its also possible for it to recharge like the syringe, although that would inhibit the rate of fire a bit too much for my tastes

Upvote 0
They both look awesome, but the one on the bottom just seems a bit cooler. But maybe thats just because I use the Lever Action Rifle to much :D.

But if it would have ammo, Id say a lot of ammo, because it really cant KILL anything directly. Perhaps more ammo with perk leveling as well?

However, its also possible for it to recharge like the syringe, although that would inhibit the rate of fire a bit too much for my tastes

Yeah, i like the wooden bolt-action gun better too :)
Although the top one i believe is used more.

The bolt-action one would have to be reloaded after each shot manually (press R each time) but the upside to this is that you can change dart types easily.

For instance, you just shot a high-powered tranquiliser dart across the map to chill that FP and then you need to reload and heal a teammate. Press middle mouse to switch to a healing dart and then R to reload, then shoot your teammate.

I'd imagine there'd be something like 57 or so darts, the rifle would have unlimited gas (the meter being for show) and it would have the luminous sights as per the reference picture. There would be an arbitrary number of darts to make sure you always have the number of the right darts.

Upvote 0
Yeah, i like the wooden bolt-action gun better too :)
Although the top one i believe is used more.

The bolt-action one would have to be reloaded after each shot manually (press R each time) but the upside to this is that you can change dart types easily.

For instance, you just shot a high-powered tranquiliser dart across the map to chill that FP and then you need to reload and heal a teammate. Press middle mouse to switch to a healing dart and then R to reload, then shoot your teammate.

I'd imagine there'd be something like 57 or so darts, the rifle would have unlimited gas (the meter being for show) and it would have the luminous sights as per the reference picture. There would be an arbitrary number of darts to make sure you always have the number of the right darts.

Wow. This is sounding quite awesome:D! Now, while the minor details may still be debated, the main question is if TWI sees this idea!

But meanwhile, lets try and see if theres anything more to iron out involving this idea. Suggestions, comaplaints, or improvements anyone?

Upvote 0
Wow. This is sounding quite awesome:D! Now, while the minor details may still be debated, the main question is if TWI sees this idea!

But meanwhile, lets try and see if theres anything more to iron out involving this idea. Suggestions, comaplaints, or improvements anyone?

I was also thinking of making this weigh 5 and making the L22 weigh 5 so that Medic has 3 weapons in total.

With the proposed suggestion to move the L22 from Commando to Medic and replace the the vacant Tier 1 slot with an L85(A2) the Medic would finally have 3 weapons to use, each with different uses. The L22 would gain a tranquiliser dart attachment in addition to being moved to medic.

For those not in the same thinking pattern, armour and the syringe aren't weapons.

And as a rebuttal to those who would believe this Dart Gun would be overpowered, This gun does no immediate and direct damage and instead only tranquilises and heals; it lacks a true offencive ability.
The L22 would have weaker trankquiliser darts that a player can shoot fast as each use up only half of the charge, similar to the MP7M. The Dart Gun would use up all 100% of the charge and deliver a more powerful version of both attachments.

Also a possible expansion upon the tranquiliser dart: the dart checks* whether the target is a player or specimen and either boosts or tranquilises depending on this.

*referring to the code.

Upvote 0
Someone might have already suggest this, but make the adrenaline thing give you zed-time, kind of like the adrenaline in alien swarm. (with limited uses, like buy once, get 1 base usage, Medic lvl 6 gets +3 or something).

Being able to activate ZED-time at will would be a giggle, but how will it be implemented? :confused:

It'd have to be balanced as well. Like, you can't use it all the time. :p

Upvote 0
Someone might have already suggest this, but make the adrenaline thing give you zed-time, kind of like the adrenaline in alien swarm. (with limited uses, like buy once, get 1 base usage, Medic lvl 6 gets +3 or something).

It would be a fun addition, but needs some balancing.

Perhaps a small additional syringe (kind of like the wtf lethal injection)?

Or do you mean as a full-blown dart addition? Or even its own gun?

Im guessing you mean any of the above here, but if not, it would be nice to clarify.

Upvote 0
Has anyone suggested Confusion yet? Basically a more reliable way to get Zeds to attack each other, although they could still attack players (whomever is closer).

Any of these debuff darts would need to be carefully limited ammo, though, otherwise it gets OP and spam-happy very quickly.

Upvote 0
Personally I think the most simple idea (Give Medic another SMG) is the best, most accessable one. However, it's boring, and not interesting tactically for the Medic, so I propose it have different stats both for the primary fire and the darts. Perhaps slower moving or recharging/more potent or faster moving or recharging/less potent ones?
Or ones that penetrate zeds into teammates?

I like the idea of adrenaline, but the calming dart doesn't sound very fun from a gameplay perspective, especially on a gun that can't kill anything. I don't think it'd be very popular unless it was very light (like a katana).

Upvote 0
I've been reading this thread for a while and it's been a while since I've posted anything, but if they do have the calming dart or whatever dart that would hurt the specimens in a while, what if they had a dart that hurt specimens by slowing them down, but if accidently shot into a player, it slows them down, but at the same time it boosts a players resistance to damage from specimens? I know this is probably dumb, and hard to do, but just a thought.

Upvote 0
what if they had a dart that hurt specimens by slowing them down, but if accidently shot into a player, it slows them down, but at the same time it boosts a players resistance to damage from specimens? I know this is probably dumb, and hard to do, but just a thought.

No, there'd be too much griefing. Even with damage resitance, if the group of enemies is large enough the player will get murdered for being too slow.

And on the flipside, I don't want to see it used for tanking a FP or the Patriarch either.

Upvote 0
well, the slowing dart idea is very much the calming dart, as the tranquilizer stuns specimens (and calms ragers). And perhaps slows them down?

But the flipside of my dart gun idea was that it would either contain a healing dart or a boosting dart. In fact, the best would be to have it be healing, but replacable with a booster/healer that has less ammo requires cash to switch.

And yes, the original plan was a lighter gun, to allow for medics to pretty much not have to worry about its weight too much, and allow them to pretty much use it as a sidearm. Its not meant as a primary weapon by any standards....its purely supportive, but would greatly expand the medic role, and increase the options of gameplay (as well as keep medics focused on their team).

And no FF for these; it was already discussed. And specimen vs specimen fights it seems a tad complex and difficult to program. Which zeds would they target? What if it is the last zed alive? And other questions arise with that. Sorry, it just seems like a really hard implementation of a good idea.

So thanks for the suggestions, and I welcome more with open arms! Even if it sounds stupid, it may not be. All input is appreciated:D

Reactions: CandleJack
Upvote 0
And no FF for these; it was already discussed. And specimen vs specimen fights it seems a tad complex and difficult to program. Which zeds would they target? What if it is the last zed alive? And other questions arise with that. Sorry, it just seems like a really hard implementation of a good idea.

Well i believe he said that the targeted specimen targets the closest living thing, be it specimen or player.

And as for the fact you want the gun light, would a lighter gun have less ammo than the (slightly) heavier gun? Or would the ammo stay the same.

i.e. My bolt-action dart gun has 57 darts and weighs 5. If it was reduced to 2-4, would the ammo go down to 30-40?

Would the gun have infinite darts like the MP7M or have limited darts?

Upvote 0
How about Tasers?

X26 Taser ECD
26000a3948847.jpg

http://taser.com/products/law/Pages/TASERX26.aspx

Cost: $5000, subtracted for Medic Gun Discount (750 for Medic 0, 150 for Medic 6)
Weight 3
Ammo 1 in gun/15 in collection
Shots are $20 a pop
Range 20 feet - about as far as the siren yells.
Primary Fire - Fires a single bolt - stuns a SINGLE specimen until you release the trigger. You are unable to move or turn when this is in progress (simulated overcharge). Reloading or switching weapons stops the stunning effect immediately. CAN FRIENDLY FIRE.
Secondary Fire - Fires healing dart.
Reload Time: 2 seconds
Purpose: Allows you to hold a large-type specimen in most cases, such as a Fleshpound, at bay from raging, while leaving you vulnerable to other smaller specimens, allowing your team to WORK TOGETHER to take it down. Due to the long reload and poor range, and utter lack of offensive power, this weapon is meant for team defense. Does not work against the Patriarch.

X12 Mossberg Shotgun
x12productbanner3956109.jpg

http://taser.com/products/law/Pages/TASERX12.aspx

Cost: $10000!, subtracted for Medic Gun Discount (1500 for Medic 0, 300 for Medic 6)
Weight 5
Ammo 4 in gun/16 in collection
Shots are $40 a pop
Range - Same as all guns, but has accuracy of Pump shotgun (moderate spread, making long-range poor use of this weapon)
Primary Fire - Fires a single ranged taser projectile- stuns a SINGLE specimen for 5 seconds. CAN FRIENDLY FIRE. Additional rounds placed on the specimen do not stack (if you tase again 3 seconds after a Spec is tased, they will be tased for 5 seconds)
Flashlight
Reload Time: Same as normal shotgun.
Purpose: Allows you to provide support or hold an enemy at bay for short periods of time.

Does not work against the Patriarch.

Upvote 0
How about Tasers?

X26 Taser ECD

Cost: $5000, subtracted for Medic Gun Discount (750 for Medic 0, 150 for Medic 6)
Weight 3
Ammo 1 in gun/15 in collection
Shots are $20 a pop
Range 20 feet - about as far as the siren yells.
Primary Fire - Fires a single bolt - stuns a SINGLE specimen until you release the trigger. You are unable to move or turn when this is in progress (simulated overcharge). Reloading or switching weapons stops the stunning effect immediately. CAN FRIENDLY FIRE.
Reload Time: 2 seconds
Purpose: Allows you to hold a large-type specimen in most cases, such as a Fleshpound, at bay from raging, while leaving you vulnerable to other smaller specimens, allowing your team to WORK TOGETHER to take it down. Due to the long reload and poor range, and utter lack of offensive power, this weapon is meant for team defense. Does not work against the Patriarch.

X12 Mossberg Shotgun

Cost: $10000!, subtracted for Medic Gun Discount (1500 for Medic 0, 300 for Medic 6)
Weight 5
Ammo 4 in gun/16 in collection
Shots are $40 a pop
Range - Same as all guns, but has accuracy of Pump shotgun (moderate spread, making long-range poor use of this weapon)
Primary Fire - Fires a single ranged taser projectile- stuns a SINGLE specimen for 5 seconds. CAN FRIENDLY FIRE. Additional rounds placed on the specimen do not stack (if you tase again 3 seconds after a Spec is tased, they will be tased for 5 seconds)
Flashlight
Reload Time: Same as normal shotgun.
Purpose: Allows you to provide support or hold an enemy at bay for short periods of time.

This is a very original idea, but I don't think that it should have as effective an effect on a Scrake or a Fleshpound, but I do like the idea. If this froze the Fleshpound for 5 seconds, this would totally make them less dangerous, because a team could unload alot of firepower on a Fleshpound in 5 seconds.

Upvote 0
How about Tasers?

Yes. I think tasers would suit to KF very well.

This kind of situations comes to my mind. 4 vs 4 situation. 3 taser players. 3 players shoot taser to 3 different specimens and keep em quiet. Fourth takes 1 on 1. This example is just for fun.

Maybe also FP would be able to resistant tasers, dunno. Or need to very very precise shot, maybe that point would be back of FP.

But i like the idea of tasers.

Last edited:
Reactions: _Duke_
Upvote 0
This is a very original idea,

No, it's not actually.

but I don't think that it should have as effective an effect on a Scrake or a Fleshpound, but I do like the idea. If this froze the Fleshpound for 5 seconds, this would totally make them less dangerous, because a team could unload alot of firepower on a Fleshpound in 5 seconds.

But this actually makes it sound viable.

Thank you for that. :)

Reactions: _Duke_
Upvote 0