• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A second/third Medic Gun?

While I agree that the Medic could use an "utility gun" I'd not give the Medic a tranquiliser dart to calm down enraged FP's and Scrakes as this would just make them even better at kiting the specimens around the map solo.

Personally I'd give them a medic gun that does not deal any damage to specimens, but would be able to heal the teammates beyond 100hp, for example 120hp and then start draining down slowly back down to 100hp, at a rate of 1/hp second. This would be very useful, especially when playing with a berserker who would really benefit from this little "pick-me-up". However, this gun should use up more than 50 healing charges to keep it balanced.

Upvote 0
You know something ain't right about the MP7 price to begin with. The weapon is not strong enough to take down specimens yet the price is 4k without the discount. The price need to be lower down to just 400 so that the low level medics can buy it and not asking people for cash just to buy a weak weapon that cost so much dosh.

Upvote 0
You know something ain't right about the MP7 price to begin with. The weapon is not strong enough to take down specimens yet the price is 4k without the discount. The price need to be lower down to just 400 so that the low level medics can buy it and not asking people for cash just to buy a weak weapon that cost so much dosh.

Well the point of the medic gun being so expensive is to say "only the medic can have it".

Yes, the weapon is weak damage-wise but the damage is not the point. You're not making money by killing ZEDs as a medic, you're making money by healing teammates as they kill the ZEDs.

If you really need a weapon, take a LAR. It's a cheapo

Upvote 0
Which is why medics are poor and the dosh they earn from healing is not enough to buy a MP7 at early waves. The price need some adjustment not because it is a weak weapon but because there is a need of healing dart.
I strongly disagree with your assessment here. The Medic gun at perk level 3 (which is incredibly easy to attain - I reached level 3 before I ever bothered playing the Medic perk) costs 270, which is easily reachable in hard mode with starting cash and someone's leftovers. Level 5 is essentially the same story on suicidal, with level 6 spawning with it.

Upvote 0
Well ok, though i feel i left out some important information if felt was implied enough.

The first dart for the dart gun would be a healing dart, more powerful than the MP7 but using up more juice. The second would be the special effect dart i.e. tranquiliser, adrenaline, poison, etc. Or even another healing dart that can overheal another player past 100(%) health.

Do you think perhaps 2 different guns? Or even different properties depending on the target (while the dart overheals a player is it hits him, if it hits a specimen, it acts as tranquilizer)?

I am rather confused as to which you mean

Upvote 0
While I agree that the Medic could use an "utility gun" I'd not give the Medic a tranquiliser dart to calm down enraged FP's and Scrakes as this would just make them even better at kiting the specimens around the map solo.

Personally I'd give them a medic gun that does not deal any damage to specimens, but would be able to heal the teammates beyond 100hp, for example 120hp and then start draining down slowly back down to 100hp, at a rate of 1/hp second. This would be very useful, especially when playing with a berserker who would really benefit from this little "pick-me-up". However, this gun should use up more than 50 healing charges to keep it balanced.

I like it. A gun that is the same price as the MP7 for nonperks, but is about 500-600 when L6 Medic. Doesn't have an attack, but has 2 different darts it can shoot. Say something like a dart/tranquiliser gun/rifle with 1 shot that needs to be manually reloaded (press R each time). This would allow people to realistically switch between darts.

So something like the LAR in model, but single-shot bolt-action with wooden furniture. Click middle mouse to choose tranq, and you can slow down and temporarily un-rage FPs. These darts would have a regeneration rate of about L3 Medic and use 100 points up. Time for un-rage can be negotiated. It would weigh about as much as the LAR and have 20-30 darts.

How's that? :)

Do you think perhaps 2 different guns? Or even different properties depending on the target (while the dart overheals a player is it hits him, if it hits a specimen, it acts as tranquilizer)?

I am rather confused as to which you mean

What i meant was simple, to me at least.

This idea i am proposing would not have an attack that dealt damage at all, but would have two types of darts that you can switch between by pressing mouse3 (by default).
You would need to reload it after each shot and the gun would be bolt-action single-shot. This means that you load a round straight into the chamber with no magazine. Similar to the Xbow, if you want to think of it that way.
There would be no auto-reload, you would have to left-click or press R to reload it. This functions to make it a bit more realistic with darts that have different effects not magically changing.
This gun would weigh as much as -and look like- the LAR; though bolt-action and with a scope (maybe). The effects could be both a stronger heal that can overheal a player and a dart that stuns/tranquilises/poisons a specimen.
The dart would be fast than both the MP7M's projectile speed and about equal to the Xbow's.

If you have any more questions i can edit in the info.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
P1020742.jpg

Something like these, i draw that for suggestion long time ago.

Upvote 0
I know I'm a newbie, but I check the forum often and read alot, but could never figure out why I couldn't post till I realized I had a non usable email registered lol.

Well to get to my point, I really like the idea of the new dart gun for medics, and the 2 different darts that have different effects,but what I propose is that, say you shoot an injured specimen with a dart that is meant to heal a teammate, why not have the consequences of it healing that specimen. Also, in reverse, say you mean to shoot a specimen with the dart that will slow them down or calm down a fleshpound, and you shoot a teammate, why not have the consequence of that person being slowed down? I know this would never be considered, but I just figured I'd throw my 2 cents in as a faithful reader of the forums and an avid Killing Floor fan.

Upvote 0
I know I'm a newbie, but I check the forum often and read alot, but could never figure out why I couldn't post till I realized I had a non usable email registered lol.

Well to get to my point, I really like the idea of the new dart gun for medics, and the 2 different darts that have different effects,but what I propose is that, say you shoot an injured specimen with a dart that is meant to heal a teammate, why not have the consequences of it healing that specimen. Also, in reverse, say you mean to shoot a specimen with the dart that will slow them down or calm down a fleshpound, and you shoot a teammate, why not have the consequence of that person being slowed down? I know this would never be considered, but I just figured I'd throw my 2 cents in as a faithful reader of the forums and an avid Killing Floor fan.

Its a pretty good idea except that I like playing medic, and I can NEVER hit the teammate I want to, as everyone seems to dodge the darts...so medics would be an extremely difficult class to play using this gun, as you cant deal damage and negative consequences occur if you dont have perfect luck and aim.

That, and medics would be kicked more often than even demos:)

So, all in all, something to think about, and maybe someone else here can give me a consensus on what others think of this idea. It might turn out to be better than I thought, and I just have horrible dart aiming skills

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its a pretty good idea except that I like playing medic, and I can NEVER hit the teammate I want to, as everyone seems to dodge the darts...so medics would be an extremely difficult class to play using this gun, as you cant deal damage and negative consequences occur if you dont have perfect luck and aim.

That, and medics would be kicked more often than even demos:)

So, all in all, something to think about, and maybe someone else here can give me a consensus on what others think of this idea. It might turn out to be better than I thought, and I just have horrible dart aiming skills

Yeah, I'm not great at it either, it takes some getting used to. I find I'm more accurate with it not using the red dot for healing but that's just me. And I don't think it would be a good idea in alot of ways, and agree about the kicking, cause it would harmful, but it would make it alot more interesting is my line of thinking, that's all.

Upvote 0
I generally don't like the idea of any extra buff options for the med - should be simple healing and maybe grandfather in whatever speed boosts came with that healing, keep things clean and minimize the "oh great wtf just happened this time!?" factor.

That said... how about healing darts that can be fired from the xbow?

So we don't like the crossover effects idea, but what about my original idea? I think that the medic could use some more roles. I mean, it isn't like other perks don't have other roles, and as a medic I always feel helpless and rather bored. I think that having an array of darts is a good idea, and would make a medic a more powerful and varied perk, but in a way without adding an m14, as my proposed weapon does 0 damage.

So, yeah, I guess the crossover effects idea is out?

And the xbow....NO....just NO

Upvote 0
Sorting through this, I realized that while the price has come up, no-one has mention the the medic gun is bloody cheap for medics (150 for a level 5) and really any tier two weapon would probably get ignored unless it did something drastically different (wouldn't be worth it unless possessed a perk discount if it did the same thing).

So how about something akin to an assult rifle that is tier 4 for the medic. Tag the alt fire with an AOE gas grenade (yes leaving the rifle on full auto, or perhaps something like the FAMAS that fire in bursts anyways?) that recharged slowly, posioned zeds and healed players while they danced in the cloud (3-7pts of damage for zeds, 1-5pts of healing, cloud lasts 15 seconds, recharge anywhere from 20-40 depending on perk level). A dart gun would skip since it takes up room that can't shoot zeds with, while I can at least decimate a few clots and crawlers with the MP7. Something that doesn't do damage is not something I'd play with unless it was broken good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I feel like the Medic won't have a Tier 2 weapon.
This is just a pure gut feeling but in my mind I'm seeing either
A: The MP7 and a utility(1-3 blocks at the most)
Or
B: The MP7 and then another weapon(on the same tier for the same price) that is a stronger killing weapon but is lacking the range of the MP7(maybe a mist or spary that heals multiple targets but suffers from having a short-range?) healing dart.

Just my feelings.

Upvote 0
@Candlejack/Gibby: I keep forgetting about the xbow's railgun effect. -_- Without it, as far as I can tell it's just slightly faster and more ergonomic than the medgun's altfire.

@timur: Still kinda "meh" for me.

But then, I am a strong believer in the play theory that when the game says "medic", it really means "magical healing sword-paladin of HOLY LIGHT!" so if the team doesn't need healing I just get out the katana and do the preventive medicine thing. :D

Upvote 0