• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A reminder of Post Launch Changes The Team Is Working On

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Planned Post Launch Changes
    While we’ve been reacting to player feedback from the latest beta tests, not everything the team is working on will be ready in time for launch day. Please find a partial list of some of the changes that are likely (please note that future developments are subject to change as items are prototyped and worked on. Items listed here may not come in the exact form listed or at all) to come in updates after launch:
    • Increased rewards for being the first to loot a Vault Terminal room
      • Example: A guaranteed purple keycard
    • Penalty for shooting civilian NPCs. The goal is not to punish agents who accidentally take one down during a fight, but to prevent rampant murders and spy checks.
      • Initial prototype makes agents scale up in “heat levels”, this results in them taking more damage from guards and other agents as they do. Heat goes down over time. (ONCE AGAIN THIS IS A PROTOTYPE SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
    • The training room will display shot damage on the back screen
      • Addition UI elements to help players understand the weapons better are also going to be added post launch
    • Private Lobbies
      • We know this is a much requested feature for friends to play with each other and it is slated for post launch development. We do not currently have an expected ETA on this feature to share.
    • Agent Balance
      • We’ll be continuing to adjust agent weapons and abilities, improving those that are under-performing and bringing down those that are over-performing.

Reactions: Darren Keel
    Planned Post Launch Changes
    • Increased rewards for being the first to loot a Vault Terminal room
      • Example: A guaranteed purple keycard
    Can you explained what exactly happened here with this one? Cause the latest update kinda says "actually, we are going to take the opposite approach". This one just feels really weird to take away all the terminal loot beyond the terminal itself when you have stated in the past that you want to give terminal rooms MORE loot, not less.

Upvote 0
    Can you explained what exactly happened here with this one? Cause the latest update kinda says "actually, we are going to take the opposite approach". This one just feels really weird to take away all the terminal loot beyond the terminal itself when you have stated in the past that you want to give terminal rooms MORE loot, not less.

These changes are live with Misery Empire. Non vault terminal rooms at the start now have rewards that the vault terminal rooms do not.

Upvote 0
    These changes are live with Misery Empire. Non vault terminal rooms at the start now have rewards that the vault terminal rooms do not.
    I think you entirely missed the point. Please read the previous reply closer as well as the part it was actually quoting. The original quote you guys said back at launch is that you want to add MORE loot to TERMINAL ROOMS, yet the Misery Empire update contradicts this original intent by removing all loot from terminal rooms.

I wish to understand why this contradiction of intent exists? Why did you showcase the intend before to add more loot to TERMINAL ROOMS (not non-terminal rooms) only for a month later to go in the exact opposite direction and make it have no loot? Please note this question is not asking about adding loot to non-terminal rooms, it is asking why you took away loot from terminal rooms despite the roadmap saying you would ADD loot to terminal rooms? It all seems just counter productive to the original intent listed in the roadmap above?

Upvote 0
    I think you entirely missed the point. Please read the previous reply closer as well as the part it was actually quoting. The original quote you guys said back at launch is that you want to add MORE loot to TERMINAL ROOMS, yet the Misery Empire update contradicts this original intent by removing all loot from terminal rooms.

I wish to understand why this contradiction of intent exists? Why did you showcase the intend before to add more loot to TERMINAL ROOMS (not non-terminal rooms) only for a month later to go in the exact opposite direction and make it have no loot? Please note this question is not asking about adding loot to non-terminal rooms, it is asking why you took away loot from terminal rooms despite the roadmap saying you would ADD loot to terminal rooms? It all seems just counter productive to the original intent listed in the roadmap above?

Ahh I see the confusion. This post was made before that was tested and trialed and I didn't read that bullet point well enough.

To emphasize the bolded at the top again: (please note that future developments are subject to change as items are prototyped and worked on. Items listed here may not come in the exact form listed or at all)

It was trialed to put just more items in the vault terminal rooms in internal tests but it did not play out the way we wanted, so instead more rewarding items were placed in the rooms without vault terminals in them to encourage players to keep searching those rooms, which was the goal of the changes here.

Reactions: Vental
    Upvote 0
    It was trialed to put just more items in the vault terminal rooms in internal tests but it did not play out the way we wanted, so instead more rewarding items were placed in the rooms without vault terminals in them to encourage players to keep searching those rooms, which was the goal of the changes here.
    Ok, we are on the right track now, but I still would like to understand the reasoning behind what the previous intent was before it was scrapped as well as exactly "why" that reasoning behind the previous intent doesn't still hold true now? From my understanding, logic and reasoning doesn't "change", which leads me to believe the "goal" (what you were trying to accomplish internally) has been what's changed to cause the intent to go in the opposite direction. That's the part I am very confused over and was hoping for more clarification on.

What were you previously trying to accomplish with that previous plan? And why is that no longer a priority? Please be specific. Thanks you in advanced.

Upvote 0
    Ok, we are on the right track now, but I still would like to understand the reasoning behind what the previous intent was before it was scrapped as well as exactly "why" that reasoning behind the previous intent doesn't still hold true now? From my understanding, logic and reasoning doesn't "change", which leads me to believe the "goal" (what you were trying to accomplish internally) has been what's changed to cause the intent to go in the opposite direction. That's the part I am very confused over and was hoping for more clarification on.

What were you previously trying to accomplish with that previous plan? And why is that no longer a priority? Please be specific. Thanks you in advanced.

The goal was to have agents keep checking potential vault terminal rooms, and the trialed change of just more loot in them did not work out as we found players would just loot one room and be done. So the team changed it so that vault terminal rooms wouldn't have some upgrades, but potential vault terminal rooms that did not end up having the terminals would, which resulted in more players continuing to explore those spaces.

Upvote 0
    The goal was to have agents keep checking potential vault terminal rooms, and the trialed change of just more loot in them did not work out as we found players would just loot one room and be done. So the team changed it so that vault terminal rooms wouldn't have some upgrades, but potential vault terminal rooms that did not end up having the terminals would, which resulted in more players continuing to explore those spaces.
    OHHHH, so you are saying the original goal with adding loot to terminal rooms wasn't to make vault terminals more enticing and rewarding, but rather to encourage players to keep going after more and more terminals? That makes sense then. Goal didn't change, rather just the logic was faulty. Ok if that's the case, then that totally makes sense. Thank you if so. ^u^

I was under the impression the initial reasoning was you wanted to encourage players to look for, and complete, the objective. An error on my part. So if I am reading this right, the goal has always been to have players explore regardless of completing the objective or not. Interesting.

Upvote 0