• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A range of weapons and zeds that could add some spice

Breadsticks_

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 5, 2018
Beserker
Tomahawk, a swingable and throwable (also recoverable) one handed and/or dual wielding weapon.
Shurikens, a high RoF weapon with low pen and can be recovered, being a faster, lower damaging alternative to eviscerator

Support
A shotgun with alternating rounds between breach for super close range and slug rounds for super long range (maybe crossperk with sharpshooter)

Demolitionist
Either rework the c4 or introduce m4 slams; to allow for a sensory activated explosive.
An explosive paste that can be applied to floors and doors and can be manually detonated. When applied to a door and detonated, it will break the door instantaneously and damage zeds on the other side (can stack with demo passive).

Firebug
A heavy duty oil can, it can pour oil across the floor in an area and when the oil is shot at, it will blaze up the path from which you shot from. If you drop the can, it is shootable and causes a large incendiary explosion depending on how much oil is left inside (cannot be stacked and replaces the can if another is purchased)

SWAT
A submachine gun that doesn't need reloading, instead heats up; if overheated will force the user to stop shooting and wait for the weapon to cool down to be used again.

Sharphooter
A DMR with an alternate firing mode that adjusts the scopes optics from a reflex/red dot sight to an ACOG sight (Similar to Glaz's rifle from Rainbow Six). The short range sight allows for a faster fire rate, the long range sight allows for higher damaging rounds.

Survivalist
A grappling hook (not for traversing, way too op) when shot at a zed can damage and slow/pin a zed.

Zeds
Remove the EDAR Trapper, and give the Siren her Vortex Grab ability from VS Survival Gamemode
Remove the EDAR Bomber and Blaster, and create a subvariant of the the husk, with over-shoulder incendiary launchers and plasma cannons on their arms, this subvariant will have access to the standard Husk's kamikaze and fuel tank.
Make the King Fleshpund far more faster and stronger when enraged, to the point that a gunslinger buffed by the field medic will struggle to outpace the KFP.

The Bruiser is a zed concept that will primarily focus on using its momentum to pushing survivors over large distances rather than dealing major damage, this direction is dependant on which way he swings his giant arm (Up/left/right/foward). When he charges, he struggles to turn properly and will not stop until he either: hits a survivor, runs a certain distance or hits a wall/closed door/fence, he will begin charging when close enough to a survivor and his calm pace similar to a Quarter Pound but charging pace being the fastest non-boss zed. His weak points being the head and back and his strong points in the legs and large arm, his large arm is resistant to penetration (removes one extra level of penetration when hit).
The Leech is a zed concept that operates similarly to the stalker, but its primary attack is it can grab onto a survivor, instead of pinning the target, it will sit on the survivor and deal damage over time so-long as it is on the survivor, it will depart from the target if it either takes 20 life or is whacked/shot/killed. If it hasn't been killed and departs from the survivor, it cannot grab a survivor again, but it becomes a stronger Leech depending on how much life it has taken.

-IMO, shurikens could (should?) be some sort of grenade or tool rather than a weapon per say. Let's imagine that we introduce a new skill that replaces the EMP grenades with shurikens (and you could get as much as 15-20 of them). Maybe it could stumble zeds for a split second of stunning them? As a way to stop a charging gorefast or a husk about to fire? It would deal very little damage but be helpful in a pinch.

-The tomahawks however could really work as a full weapon. Maybe a T2? You'd get less of them, but they'd do way more damage (maybe with some extra bleeding too?). And could be used as a regular melee weapon as well (which would be very fast but deal less damage than let's say : the katana)

-Well, it does remind me of the KSG from KF1 and I have to say I'm worried about balancing. It could make the support just too effective against pretty much anything. It's already somewhat the case (the AA12 is a freaking monster and has always been, no wonder why he still hasn't gotten a T5). So if he could snipe zeds from afar on top of that? Naaah.

-Some equivalent to the pipe bombs from KF1 have been requested since pretty much the beginning. I still miss them dearly (even if they got stupidly expensive by the end of KF1's lifespan)

-So the Gas Passer from TF2 ? ;-) I don't see it as truly worthwhile since groundfire got a strong buff in the latest update. But I guess it would hurt either.

-Wasn't that a Black Ops 3 gun too? Again, why not ! But would you need to purchase ammo still (granting you an infinite clip) or is it truly a weapon that can shoot forever? Because it would need to be quite expensive to compensate the dosh you won't spend buying spare rounds!

-I read DMR and I was already sold. We definitely need more of them for the Sharp. Even if the EBR and Centerfire are alright.

-GET OVER HERE ! Doubt that'd be truly good, it really feels like a gadget more than anything.

-The new zeds are based around the Charger and Jockey, isn't it? Why not. I guess it could be helpful to bring some new challenges to the players. I also agree with the changes made to the KFP and EDARs.

Upvote 0
I like what you've suggested Breadsticks and I have alot of ideas I would like to share.

Support:
Blunderbuss-
A single shot muzzleloader with a high pellet count and stagger similar to the doom stick. A weapon used to clear a crowd of trash zeds when overwhelmed. Perhaps make them large handguns, making them capable of being dual wielded. Comestically it would be constructed Damascus steel with a brass tigger guard and flared barrels.

Gunslinger:
Thompson G2 Contender-
A single shot .45-70 Variant of the Centerfire Contender with a scope and Muzzlebrake. Cross perk with the Sharpshooter. Have it hit as hard as the railgun, but in a smaller package.

Berserker:
Lance-
Simple spear with a winged edge. Primarily for dealing with zeds that are to hazardous to engage to closely.

Firebug:
Arc Pelter-
It would be a gun that sprays a stream of ionized fibers that create an area of effect that is electrified. Catching zeds on fire and shocking them.

SWAT:
AP-180-
Pan fed .22LR Submachine gun that has a 275 round capacity and an incredibly high fire rate with the added effect of bouncing 22LR. Top tier of course as this would be a shoe in to decimate a crowd of zeds or melt a scrake.

Commando:
MG 08/15-
the classic WW1 era german LMG sporting a 150 round magazine and the slowest rate of fire of all of the commando weapons. It would be top tier next to the M99 AMR in weight but capable of melting a fleshpound.

Demolitionist:
Claymore-
Anti-Personnel short ranged proximity weapon.

Sharpshooter:
Musket-
Powerful but slow this caplock musket shatters on impact and can stun even the biggest zeds.

Upvote 0
-IMO, shurikens could (should?) be some sort of grenade or tool rather than a weapon per say. Let's imagine that we introduce a new skill that replaces the EMP grenades with shurikens (and you could get as much as 15-20 of them). Maybe it could stumble zeds for a split second of stunning them? As a way to stop a charging gorefast or a husk about to fire? It would deal very little damage but be helpful in a pinch.

-The tomahawks however could really work as a full weapon. Maybe a T2? You'd get less of them, but they'd do way more damage (maybe with some extra bleeding too?). And could be used as a regular melee weapon as well (which would be very fast but deal less damage than let's say : the katana)

-Well, it does remind me of the KSG from KF1 and I have to say I'm worried about balancing. It could make the support just too effective against pretty much anything. It's already somewhat the case (the AA12 is a freaking monster and has always been, no wonder why he still hasn't gotten a T5). So if he could snipe zeds from afar on top of that? Naaah.

-Some equivalent to the pipe bombs from KF1 have been requested since pretty much the beginning. I still miss them dearly (even if they got stupidly expensive by the end of KF1's lifespan)

-So the Gas Passer from TF2 ? ;-) I don't see it as truly worthwhile since groundfire got a strong buff in the latest update. But I guess it would hurt either.

-Wasn't that a Black Ops 3 gun too? Again, why not ! But would you need to purchase ammo still (granting you an infinite clip) or is it truly a weapon that can shoot forever? Because it would need to be quite expensive to compensate the dosh you won't spend buying spare rounds!

-I read DMR and I was already sold. We definitely need more of them for the Sharp. Even if the EBR and Centerfire are alright.

-GET OVER HERE ! Doubt that'd be truly good, it really feels like a gadget more than anything.

-The new zeds are based around the Charger and Jockey, isn't it? Why not. I guess it could be helpful to bring some new challenges to the players. I also agree with the changes made to the KFP and EDARs.
When I was talking about the grappling hook, I was thinking more on the lines that you shot at the zed, the hook and rope would sprout off the zed to the ground and latch to the floor, this would give the weapon ammo whether you can pick it up or not (probs not able to pick it up, that's op af). Since I recommended it as a SV weapon, it could reload, shoot and deal damage similarly to the Seal Squal , and the alt fire being that slow/pin to the ground, this could be a nice alternative to the freezethrower as it could deal more damage, and maybe a great trash zed killer potentially stun quicker but have a small amount of ammo and will only target one zed at a time unlike the freeze thrower which can do multiple stuns at once.

As for the shotgun, I was thinking that maybe when you switched ammo types, you could be forced to buy two ammo types at the trader, and when you did switch ammo, you would have to reload a full magazine. And when I say super close range and long range, I mean that the broomstick will look like a sniper in comparison, and the slug could have a range similar to that of the M4. This could stop the support being the sniper but still providing that variety that the weapon brings.

For the non-reloadable SMG, of course you'll need to buy ammo for it, it could work similarly to Halo's elite weapons, and buying ammo could be bought in small bulks or in one huge ammo refill, but the weapon will essentially have 1 magazine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like what you've suggested Breadsticks and I have alot of ideas I would like to share.

Support:
Blunderbuss-
A single shot muzzleloader with a high pellet count and stagger similar to the doom stick. A weapon used to clear a crowd of trash zeds when overwhelmed. Perhaps make them large handguns, making them capable of being dual wielded. Comestically it would be constructed Damascus steel with a brass tigger guard and flared barrels.

Gunslinger:
Thompson G2 Contender-
A single shot .45-70 Variant of the Centerfire Contender with a scope and Muzzlebrake. Cross perk with the Sharpshooter. Have it hit as hard as the railgun, but in a smaller package.

Berserker:
Lance-
Simple spear with a winged edge. Primarily for dealing with zeds that are to hazardous to engage to closely.

Firebug:
Arc Pelter-
It would be a gun that sprays a stream of ionized fibers that create an area of effect that is electrified. Catching zeds on fire and shocking them.

SWAT:
AP-180-
Pan fed .22LR Submachine gun that has a 275 round capacity and an incredibly high fire rate with the added effect of bouncing 22LR. Top tier of course as this would be a shoe in to decimate a crowd of zeds or melt a scrake.

Commando:
MG 08/15-
the classic WW1 era german LMG sporting a 150 round magazine and the slowest rate of fire of all of the commando weapons. It would be top tier next to the M99 AMR in weight but capable of melting a fleshpound.

Demolitionist:
Claymore-
Anti-Personnel short ranged proximity weapon.

Sharpshooter:
Musket-
Powerful but slow this caplock musket shatters on impact and can stun even the biggest zeds.
When you talk about the musket, it begins to sound like the AMR, what are you trying to convey that makes the musket different? Not hating on the idea, I love it and want more love for the SS.

I adore the idea of the blunderbuss also. The penultimate one shot kill if you're close enough and daring enough. Perhaps for balancing's sake, aswell as a long reload time of one bullet, the range needs to be wack af.

For the commando, the large mag weapons arent seeing any attention and it sucks because it's a nice alternative to the 30/20 round weapons splattered all over the commando.

Upvote 0
When you talk about the musket, it begins to sound like the AMR, what are you trying to convey that makes the musket different? Not hating on the idea, I love it and want more love for the SS.

I adore the idea of the blunderbuss also. The penultimate one shot kill if you're close enough and daring enough. Perhaps for balancing's sake, aswell as a long reload time of one bullet, the range needs to be wack af.

For the commando, the large mag weapons arent seeing any attention and it sucks because it's a nice alternative to the 30/20 round weapons splattered all over the commando.
The Musket would have simple iron sights and much faster ADS than other weapons, plus it's projectile would shatter similar to the Rhino.

Also the Blunderbuss should alternatively be able to fire a single lareg ball.

Upvote 0