• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

A question about Icy Murderous I (Not ARG related per se)

timur

FNG / Fresh Meat
now, I'm all for guns and the ability to arm ourselves; thats hardly a question over here in the Southwest :)p). It's just my personal belief that its best to try and limit firearms when you mix them with these factors:
1)Alcohol, more alcohol, and lots of people in a compact space. (in the middle of nowhere? have fun with that. But if there's a solid wall of flesh for that bullet to land in? Nah)

2)Alcohol, and younger people who have a strange desire to do stupid sh**, such as taking potshots at cars. Mix in drugs for bonus points

3)Small children.

Other than these 3 specific scenarios, I trust people can manage these weapons well and allow life to continue on with little problems with firearms. After all, I do recall this story from a while back (true to top it off :p): I won't go into details, but there was in fact a mall shop in Phoenix dealing with the problem of a gang of robbers who were harassing them with surprising success. Except for one evening, where they were robbing the shop, and there happened to be a small elderly woman in there. They turned to her, demanding money, without even bothering to hold a weapon on her. She promplty pulled out a pistol, killed 1 of them, injured several more, and left the rest fleeing as this surprise attack took them totally unaware xD.

Anyways, off that tangent, I just happen to feel that it is bad news when you have a firearm carrier with impeded judgement, be it by outside intoxication, hormones, ignorance, or all of the above (especially if lots of people are involved).

CandleJack

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 2, 2009
VIC
now, I'm all for guns and the ability to arm ourselves; thats hardly a question over here in the Southwest :)p). It's just my personal belief that its best to try and limit firearms when you mix them with these factors:
1)Alcohol, more alcohol, and lots of people in a compact space. (in the middle of nowhere? have fun with that. But if there's a solid wall of flesh for that bullet to land in? Nah)

2)Alcohol, and younger people who have a strange desire to do stupid sh**, such as taking potshots at cars. Mix in drugs for bonus points

3)Small children.

Other than these 3 specific scenarios, I trust people can manage these weapons well and allow life to continue on with little problems with firearms. After all, I do recall this story from a while back (true to top it off :p): I won't go into details, but there was in fact a mall shop in Phoenix dealing with the problem of a gang of robbers who were harassing them with surprising success. Except for one evening, where they were robbing the shop, and there happened to be a small elderly woman in there. They turned to her, demanding money, without even bothering to hold a weapon on her. She promplty pulled out a pistol, killed 1 of them, injured several more, and left the rest fleeing as this surprise attack took them totally unaware xD.

Anyways, off that tangent, I just happen to feel that it is bad news when you have a firearm carrier with impeded judgement, be it by outside intoxication, hormones, ignorance, or all of the above (especially if lots of people are involved).
If you treat firearm availability like vehicle availability, and firearm responsibility, it makes things easier.

You wouldn't drink/drug and drive, and you wouldn't go giving keys to unlicenced minor, so guns are similar.

Both have the potential to cause catastrophic harm when abused.

Personally i'd drive to the range/go inna woods with my SKS and nugget and shoot off a few rounds, but never drink when doing so.

Zoridium JackL

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 20, 2011
Australia
edit* Australian BTW

when it comes to gun law you have to be careful and objective, both sides have contradicting arguments, one side says it encourages gun crime, and have examples to prove it, the other side says it deters crime in general, and has examples to prove it, the way it stands, guns shouldn't bee too easy to get, but everything should be available (withing reason) like semi automatic rifles, what's wrong with giving them to people who have owned a gun for several years and proven themselves of being responsible with guns? i don't see any problem, then there's the whole "guns are made for killing people" argument, no, they were made for killing animals, we just happen to like using them to kill other people in war, and as far as restricting the use of semi auto weapons goes, it's not too much more difficult to kill someone with a single fire than a semi auto, seeing as one bullet from any gun can kill when placed properly (again, withing reason, water pistols don't count), so really, the problem isn't the guns, it's who your giving them too, a lot of anti gun people argue the case of the teen who gunned down a bunch of people with semi auto weapons, cry some more people, you gave a semi auto to a teen who had never owned a gun before and had no proven gun responsibility, learn from the mistake and move on. also, a lot of anti gun people have never seen a gun fired, yet alone fired one themselves, and a lot of them instantly associate guns with death, even though today they are used just as much if not more for target shooting and hunting for sport/living, so until they undertand the gun community and the non-war point of it, there arguments about the use of guns are invalid.

when looked at objectively (which i did before choosing sides) the anti-gun side is misinformed (in a majority) and of the opinion that anybody with a gun is a potential murderer,

P.S. the "even an unloaded gun/non-chambered bullet could be a killer" argument gets me every time.

CandleJack

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 2, 2009
VIC
edit* Australian BTW

when it comes to gun law you have to be careful and objective, both sides have contradicting arguments, one side says it encourages gun crime, and have examples to prove it, the other side says it deters crime in general, and has examples to prove it, the way it stands, guns shouldn't bee too easy to get, but everything should be available (withing reason) like semi automatic rifles, what's wrong with giving them to people who have owned a gun for several years and proven themselves of being responsible with guns? i don't see any problem, then there's the whole "guns are made for killing people" argument, no, they were made for killing animals, we just happen to like using them to kill other people in war, and as far as restricting the use of semi auto weapons goes, it's not too much more difficult to kill someone with a single fire than a semi auto, seeing as one bullet from any gun can kill when placed properly (again, withing reason, water pistols don't count), so really, the problem isn't the guns, it's who your giving them too, a lot of anti gun people argue the case of the teen who gunned down a bunch of people with semi auto weapons, cry some more people, you gave a semi auto to a teen who had never owned a gun before and had no proven gun responsibility, learn from the mistake and move on. also, a lot of anti gun people have never seen a gun fired, yet alone fired one themselves, and a lot of them instantly associate guns with death, even though today they are used just as much if not more for target shooting and hunting for sport/living, so until they undertand the gun community and the non-war point of it, there arguments about the use of guns are invalid.

when looked at objectively (which i did before choosing sides) the anti-gun side is misinformed (in a majority) and of the opinion that anybody with a gun is a potential murderer,

P.S. the "even an unloaded gun/non-chambered bullet could be a killer" argument gets me every time.
That reminds me of something an amercan politician said (i know this because the topic was raised on an imageboard i frequent) when asked what a barrel shroud was:

it's the shoulder thing that goes up
Now, some might say that anti-gun people don't have to know about guns to get them banned, but then again, "know thy enemy"

I suppose you may agree with my above post, Zjack.

A gun is like a car. Both need responsible handling, and are dangerous when abused.

Also, you wouldn't give either to someone when they're on the warpath.

EDIT: if you say you're aussie like me, then why don't you edit your profile to say so? It makes it easier for everyone if you do :)

Last edited:

Zoridium JackL

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 20, 2011
Australia
That reminds me of something an amercan politician said (i know this because the topic was raised on an imageboard i frequent) when asked what a barrel shroud was:

it's the shoulder thing that goes up [/SPOILER]

Now, some might say that anti-gun people don't have to know about guns to get them banned, but then again, "know thy enemy"

I suppose you may agree with my above post, Zjack.

A gun is like a car. Both need responsible handling, and are dangerous when abused.

Also, you wouldn't give either to someone when they're on the warpath.

EDIT: if you say you're aussie like me, then why don't you edit your profile to say so? It makes it easier for everyone if you do :)
yeah, i agree with the whole car thing completely, same goes for R ratin for games,

Squishpoke

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 11, 2011
I would also like to figure out the lyrics, but the personal message system does not seem to be working....

[TW]Ramm-Jaeger

Tripwire Interactive President
Oct 11, 2005
www.redorchestragame.com
I was just wondering if good mr Ramm-Jaeger could answer a question, related to the vocals.

How did you do them? They sound to me like false vocals, related in execution to cookie cutter vocals or screaming; and this seems very, very much like Coal Chamber and Dev Fafara's technique.

As good a singer as you are, don't quit your day job; you're more appreciated as a dev than a musician :D

Though i'm sure even :IS2: would audition for your band if you decided to take up music...

EDIT: this is a very fcked up way of complimenting you >_>
Not really sure what you're trying to say there ... LOL. I'm not sure if I should say thanks, or be mad ;)

If you'd really like to know - my vocal style mostly just came out of me discovering that it sounded cool when I would yell when I was angry. So I brought that into my music. It's kind of a hardcore style. I was doing it from the early 90's, before Nu metal and all that caught on.