• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

A question about Icy Murderous I (Not ARG related per se)

CandleJack

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 2, 2009
VIC
I was just wondering if good mr Ramm-Jaeger could answer a question, related to the vocals.

How did you do them? They sound to me like false vocals, related in execution to cookie cutter vocals or screaming; and this seems very, very much like Coal Chamber and Dev Fafara's technique.

As good a singer as you are, don't quit your day job; you're more appreciated as a dev than a musician :D

Though i'm sure even :IS2: would audition for your band if you decided to take up music...

EDIT: this is a very fcked up way of complimenting you >_>

Last edited:

Sheepy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 15, 2010
KF-Shropshire
I was just wondering if good mr Ramm-Jaeger could answer a question, related to the vocals.

How did you do them? They sound to me like false vocals, related in execution to cookie cutter vocals or screaming; and this seems very, very much like Coal Chamber and Dev Fafara's technique.

As good a singer as you are, don't quit your day job; you're more appreciated as a dev than a musician :D

Though i'm sure even :IS2: would audition for your band if you decided to take up music...

EDIT: this is a very fcked up way of complimenting you >_>
Totally incorrect and wrong way :p ;)

HaTeMe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 20, 2009
Behind You!
A friend of mine tried to make out the lyrics for the beggining:

"deaaad. suck my bloood, all up. put it on the crowd. waaar I cant hide now to the round some ohsomolqerigbasdbv;aqejrbgpuierbg I give up"
lolol, the famous misheard lyrics. I dont think he says suck my blood, altho I have on idea what else it could be. Maybe "Sick on my belief" but it doesnt make sense, or does it?

"DEEEAAD! ...something... WAAAR! I cant hide no more! Turn around and lose some more. ...something... Jesus is a dirty ...something... got out after school ...something... is... PO-LI-TICS... something... E-RO-TICS...

Im through trying to tell you that you cant win... something... I know what you did after school... And please dont mention Christ or the job (or george xD? wtf)... Wonder why Im feeling like Ive been wrong.

...something something... Understand?! I dont think you do. I am the Gods -something - for you. ...something.. What is the first thing you do? GOD! ...something something...

ALL THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE, ROB THE PEOPLE! ..something.. HAS KILLED US, YOU DONT TAKE IT SERIOUSLY. You lie down, and take it. ..something... Then you wake up, no time left ... everyhing..

ABORTION, SUBMISSION, GUN CONTROL, PEOPLE CONTROL!
I will not - lie down! I wont - die now! I will not - lie down! I wont - die now! Dont tell me what to do, dont tell me what to say! Dont tell me where to go, dont tell me what to bring! Dont tell me what to do, dont tell me what to say! Dont tell me where to go, dont tell me what to bring!

What is the solution, for this nations tradegy. The answer, is simple ...something... Our nation, would help god. Will suffer entropy! Our nation ...something... god...

I will not lie down, I will not die now! I will not lie down, I will not die now! Dont tell me what to do, dont tell me what to say! Dont tell me where to go, dont tell me what to bring! Dont tell me what to do, dont tell me what to say! Dont tell me where to go, dont tell me what to bring!

...something...

Oh saaayyy, caaan you seee...
Oh saaayyy, caaan you seee..."

Thats all I can make out of it lol.

timur

FNG / Fresh Meat
I'm an advocate for gun control.

A good two-handed grip with trigger discipline, a good weaver stance, lean forward and muzzle safety. ;) :p :D
I'm all for guns and all, but I still don't see why they are trying to pass bills allowing guns into classrooms in my state. Honestly, there is no wild game in English class, nor is there a firing range in psych101.

Of course, in my case, my "sever gun control beliefs" involvin classrooms are not quite the same as a lot of what people mean by Gun Control, so whatever.

Also, lets not go flame-war please :D I understand its touchy, but if you feel the need to say anything inflammatory or respond in an inflammatory way, then refrain from that and post your views elsewhere; there are forums for that.

CandleJack

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 2, 2009
VIC
I'm all for guns and all, but I still don't see why they are trying to pass bills allowing guns into classrooms in my state. Honestly, there is no wild game in English class, nor is there a firing range in psych101.

Of course, in my case, my "sever gun control beliefs" involvin classrooms are not quite the same as a lot of what people mean by Gun Control, so whatever.

Also, lets not go flame-war please :D I understand its touchy, but if you feel the need to say anything inflammatory or respond in an inflammatory way, then refrain from that and post your views elsewhere; there are forums for that.
IMO it is more about self defence, because which is a crazed gunman more likely to go to, a gun-free school or one where everyone CCs?

It's like in that city where every home has a gun. The crime rate went down a lot.

I suppose it'd be more of a deterrent that anything :cool:

u-s-e-r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2010
IMO it is more about self defence, because which is a crazed gunman more likely to go to, a gun-free school or one where everyone CCs?

It's like in that city where every home has a gun. The crime rate went down a lot.

I suppose it'd be more of a deterrent that anything :cool:
True, in a place where most people have guns the best solution to lower the deaths caused by the guns could be giving guns to everyone.

Of course it wont solve the problem of murders which are caused by the amount of people with guns but its probably a good "bandaging" solution to at least prevent killing sprees since the murderer himself will be killed faster.

Although you can only speculate what the outcome will be since such a decision could lead to more murders by guns generally but less killing sprees.

Last edited:

C_Gibby

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 18, 2010
Although you can only speculate what the outcome will be since such a decision could lead to more murders by guns generally but less killing sprees.
But even if all those murders with guns were say, in a place where everyone had guns, take that place with guns and turn it into a place with tight gun control and we'd have the same number of murders (or even more so, due to the fact that other people with guns isn't a deterrent) but those murders will be with things that aren't guns. The murder rate would probably be the same, but likely to be less if everyone had a gun, but for murders that would have occured anyway, a gun would be the more common tool in place of a sharp object, which would have been the case in a gunless country.

Anyway, I could easily go into a school with a cricket bat and start cracking an awful lot of skulls. A lot of people could do the same. Maybe we should start banning cricket bats!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sheepy

u-s-e-r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2010
But even if all those murders with guns were say, in a place where everyone had guns, take that place with guns and turn it into a place with tight gun control and we'd have the same number of murders (or even more so, due to the fact that other people with guns isn't a deterrent) but those murders will be with things that aren't guns. The murder rate would probably be the same, but likely to be less if everyone had a gun, but for murders that would have occured anyway, a gun would be the more common tool in place of a sharp object, which would have been the case in a gunless country.

Anyway, I could easily go into a school with a cricket bat and start cracking an awful lot of skulls. A lot of people could do the same. Maybe we should start banning cricket bats!
Thats not true. Guns make it easy to kill people and that is the reason why they raise the number of homicides. E.g. no school shootings would have happened without guns, thats why there isnt "school beatings". And in the cases where someone gets beaten in school, usually he doesnt die and theres greater chance of people going between.

If you hate the few guys who have bullied you in school, chances are you wont go assault them at all, but if you happen to go assault them you wont do a lot of harm. But if you have guns, chances are you will do a full-on killing spree and cause other casualties too (whom are innocent) and in the end kill yourself. School shooters are weak bullied people, thats why they wouldnt do a thing without guns, which as I mentioned earlier, raise the number of homicides because of the fact they make it easy to kill people. It would also be impossible to do a killing spree without guns, go ahead and try to do one with only a cricket bat. :p

Also in the cases where someone is crazed enough to start trying to kill people without guns, e.g. by assault with a cricket bat, there will be less casualties and the chances of the victims surviving are much greater.

C_Gibby

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 18, 2010
Thats not true. Guns make it easy to kill people and that is the reason why they raise the number of homicides. E.g. no school shootings would have happened without guns, thats why there isnt "school beatings". And in the cases where someone gets beaten in school, usually he doesnt die and theres greater chance of people going between.

If you hate the few guys who have bullied you in school, chances are you wont go assault them at all, but if you happen to go assault them you wont do a lot of harm. But if you have guns, chances are you will do a full-on killing spree and cause other casualties too (whom are innocent) and in the end kill yourself. School shooters are weak bullied people, thats why they wouldnt do a thing without guns, which as I mentioned earlier, raise the number of homicides because of the fact they make it easy to kill people. It would also be impossible to do a killing spree without guns, go ahead and try to do one with only a cricket bat. :p

Also in the cases where someone is crazed enough to start trying to kill people without guns, e.g. by assault with a cricket bat, there will be less casualties and the chances of the victims surviving are much greater.
You're right actually, but I still oppose guns being totally removed. I think the UK laws are good enough (despite not owning handguns. boo.) since only the people who are deemed responsible, respectable, harmless fellows would ever have a chance of getting a gun and even then if they commit crimes, it's very easy to see who is responsible with just a small amount of evidence. The only real problem with gun crime in England is down to the illegally obtained weapons.

But if the problem lies in society, taking guns away completely at this point will only cause more problems, such as costing an awful lot more for the law enforcement for something that in the end, cannot be fully controlled (see alcohol prohibition as an example). Personally, I think that gun laws should stay the same as they are, and the main focus would be to try and stop society from raising/allowing the behaviour of little ****stains like the kids who bully a child into rage causing a school shooting or the kinds of kids who "do it for laughs."

Think of the actual gun part of it being a much later stage when it comes to a school shooting. Think of everything else before that. What exactly caused this kid to shoot up the place? He was bullied in school, action would have to be taken on this little early development so the kid gets his problems erased and then he'd be happy and never consider shooting anybody at all. If you really want to prevent crimes, don't take away the potential criminal's tools whilst still letting him run around free, instead you take away what causes someone to become a potential criminal or if they show signs (e.g. antisocial behaviour) that they could do some serious crimes in the near future, they should be corrected.

u-s-e-r

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 24, 2010
You're right actually, but I still oppose guns being totally removed. I think the UK laws are good enough (despite not owning handguns. boo.) since only the people who are deemed responsible, respectable, harmless fellows would ever have a chance of getting a gun and even then if they commit crimes, it's very easy to see who is responsible with just a small amount of evidence. The only real problem with gun crime in England is down to the illegally obtained weapons.

But if the problem lies in society, taking guns away completely at this point will only cause more problems, such as costing an awful lot more for the law enforcement for something that in the end, cannot be fully controlled (see alcohol prohibition as an example). Personally, I think that gun laws should stay the same as they are, and the main focus would be to try and stop society from raising/allowing the behaviour of little ****stains like the kids who bully a child into rage causing a school shooting or the kinds of kids who "do it for laughs."

Think of the actual gun part of it being a much later stage when it comes to a school shooting. Think of everything else before that. What exactly caused this kid to shoot up the place? He was bullied in school, action would have to be taken on this little early development so the kid gets his problems erased and then he'd be happy and never consider shooting anybody at all. If you really want to prevent crimes, don't take away the potential criminal's tools whilst still letting him run around free, instead you take away what causes someone to become a potential criminal or if they show signs (e.g. antisocial behaviour) that they could do some serious crimes in the near future, they should be corrected.
Indeed. The most important thing is to go deep into the reasons of gun crime and prevent crime generally. Prohibition usually is bad, since it causes organized crime and as a result cause organized gun crime.

The school shooters here have used legal weapons but after that the laws have been modified and it isnt that easy to get guns anymore.

Although you need to remember that illegal guns have been legal at some point. But if you restrict the availability of legal weapons, organized crime will see an opportunity to make money by importing illegal guns and selling them.

As history has shown, prohibition generally doesnt work and the better way to approach things is by government regulation and taxation. As can be seen from a lot of things, usually extremities dont work and you need to find the sweet spot in between. And of course in the end, the same solution doesnt work everywhere, its a big planet and local culture pretty much determines what works and where.

Sheepy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 15, 2010
KF-Shropshire
No problem with the discussion or anything. But isn't the tense discussion sort of the reason why they don't want the lyrics up?

Also zYnthetic, could you post the lyrics, either here, or on the myspace etc.?:)