• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A question about acquiring the female character

[Professor Farnsworth]Good news everyone![/Professor Farnsworth]

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1060422&postcount=96[/URL]

I also added the news to BeyondUnreal's news [url]http://www.beyondunreal.com/view_story.php?id=13585[/URL]

I've left that new info out of the article for now because the details aren't finalized, I'll update it when everything is worked out.

Good to know that "Ash Harding is an exclusive to the Killing Floor Gold Boxed Edition and will NOT be available any other way." Is just a giant false advertising on the shop website then, it being the main reason I even pre-ordered the gold edition in the first place. Guess its time to cancel my pre-order. Why anyone who already has killing floor would buy the gold edition now is beyond me, since the only reason to buy it (ash harding) will just be available soon enough for probably a couple bucks anyway.

Upvote 0
I think the last year have shown over and over that TWI are very enthusiastic and capable game developers, but I wonder if they have anyone with a professional background in marketing. On the plus side, they, qua being game geeks, still have enough sensibilities to alter course when shown things from another viewpoint. I'll probably even get the female char if she gets up for sale, out of the general principle that you should support people who correct their mistakes instead of insisting they are right.

Reactions: borsdy
Upvote 0
I think what people are most upset about is simply the timing of this. A female character has been wanted and repeatedly expressed as something we'd like to have for awhile now... so the response is to release the first one as part of a rather expensive bundle if the character is something you really want to get.

This. In a few months this storm will probably have passed and been forgotten. Ash is an exclusive character who happens to be the first female one for retail KF, but it has been hinted at and almost outright guaranteed multiple times that she is not going to be the only one:
Spoiler!

I can understand those who "gotta get 'em all"(missing not pre-ordering 'the ball' as well as a few of you others), but there's no need to get yer panties in a bunch if yer wantin' a female character, just have some gosh darn patience and there will be other options eventually.

Though I am excited for this 'year of new content' they keep yammering about. We're already a third of the way through the year, gosh darnit! :p

Oh, and what exactly is Ash 'exclusive' to? The other 'exclusives' were tied into their various games, but Ash is tied to a gold version of the game we all love. Unfortunately, many who are endeared to this game have little reason to purchase this new bundle pack and thus- who the heck is going to buy it? :confused: The contents don't suit the target audience as anyone fervent enough to value this gold edition has probably already gifted this game and its contents away to all of their friends already :(

My vote is to have Ash either DLC (standalone or part of a pack) or a reward for some great challenge in the game (achievement, ARG quest thingy, interact with so many hidden interactables scattered about the maps, etc). Would be neat if the first female character had some non-visual flair known of her in this latter manner. Something special to everyone that's been vouching for her addition all this time :)

Upvote 0
I think the last year have shown over and over that TWI are very enthusiastic and capable game developers, but I wonder if they have anyone with a professional background in marketing. On the plus side, they, qua being game geeks, still have enough sensibilities to alter course when shown things from another viewpoint. I'll probably even get the female char if she gets up for sale, out of the general principle that you should support people who correct their mistakes instead of insisting they are right.

431653.jpg

I am happy to learn of this!

Upvote 0