A Preloade Qustion.

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Nebfer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 23, 2006
I Preloaded this last saterday, with a DL of some 580MB (though it says that there is one 600 mb file and a 1.4 gig file in the folder.)

now Steam says I can play as soon as its unlocked, Is there any thing I have to DL before I can play (like last min updates, filles that have'nt be deliverd yet ect.)

or is it like it says I can play as soon as its unlocked?

Greasemonkey

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 30, 2005
Georgia Tech
You can play as soon as it is unlocked. I'd suggest leaving Steam running 30 mins prior to the unlock, just incase they release any last minute tweaks(doubtful).

Corban Ireland

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 7, 2006
On teamspeak Yoshi said something about having to download maybe 50-100 megabytes immediately prior to unlock-ation. Probably thirty seconds of impatience before you can play.

Jesu

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 11, 2006
not with a 1.5mb connection :)
I was sorta wondering about that too.

Nebfer

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 23, 2006
humm so I have a DL rate of only ~25kb/s so thats looks like an hour DL for me. wich is no problem compaired to the 600MB DL of the "preloade"

mrcol

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 27, 2006
Falkirk, Scotland
there was an update a few days ago that was fairly large,,, still cant see any executable... I'll hazard a guess at the executable and perhaps a few other files to be downloaded before play can commence.

Arrowhead

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 8, 2006
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
I got a little question as well.

do we have to restart steam right after 2pm in order to get it to update like in the old version? or does this newer version of steam update and unlock games without the user having to touch it?