• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A minimap is unrealistic and clich

Instead of the detector/mini map (or w/e we are calling it this week), I would prefer a small number in the corner displaying how many friendlies are within the immediate area. This way, it lets you know that there are friendlies nearby, but you do not know their exact position. This way it promotes being slow, tactical, and to check your targets.

As for the current system, it would be nice if you could choose for it to be on the left or right of the screen.

Upvote 0
How's this for an alternative: The only thing you see on your screen is that which your soldier see's out of his eyes, and nothing more.

I'm happiest with no HUD/Radar, I use my ears to listen for friendly weapons, check kill messages, or listen for example - for someone to scream, and then weapons to cease firing to try and figure out what is going on around me. It's always been one of the challenges of RO.

I agree with you and I hope that full realism mode will be like that, or at least similar to RO:O. But relaxed-realism mode will be in, and the minimap will be part of the game. That's just the way it is. Or not, if TWI likes my suggestion. :D

I guess some of you are fine with a minimap and think it perfectly fits RO. For reasons already shared, I disagree. We'll see what TWI does.

Upvote 0
I agree with you and I hope that full realism mode will be like that, or at least similar to RO:O. But relaxed-realism mode will be in, and the minimap will be part of the game. That's just the way it is. Or not, if TWI likes my suggestion. :D

I guess some of you are fine with a minimap and think it perfectly fits RO. For reasons already shared, I disagree. We'll see what TWI does.

I agree with this. But if I am not mistaken, mini map will be on no matter what mode you play... correct me if I am wrong.

Upvote 0