• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A little something I wrote, A RO inspired story

Panzer Meyer

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 26, 2005
North Cacilaci
The halftrack slowing down but still moving at considerable speed came under MG fire and small arms fire. With the quickness drilled into us, in one swift move we all leaped over the sides, leaving the protection of the metal hull protecting us. Rounds whizzing by, hitting all around us, kicking up dirt, braking branches, and bouncing of the hard surface of the rocks and the metal of the halftrack, persuaded us to take cover immediately.
We return fire immediately, I can hear the MG34 mounted on the halftrack fire continuously, the gunner trying to suppress the enemy thus giving us some breathing room, so we can better establish a our position.

The enemy fire barely lets up some of my squad mate​

this is one i wrote about 3 months ago for a school project

probly some innacuracys but meh

feedback please :)

bit long but would be great if you took the time to read it

The loud crunch and lurch of a poor gear change snapped Klaus out of his state of dreamy half sleep. For the briefest second he had forgotten where he was, for the briefest second he was somewhere other then the frozen, desolate wasteland of the Russian winter. Klaus looked around the interior of the troop transport. He saw the tired, hungry faces, the sunken eyes and the lightly clothed shivering bodies. The 9 other men in the halftrack were sitting with their rifles between their legs muzzles pointing up, some trying in vain to get some rest, which was almost alien for them now. The others were hunched over with their grey coat up over their nose in an effort to save precious warmth, so only a dark, tired set of eyes could be seen under a large helmet, all the time rocking back and forth like a madman. They stared at the opposite side of the vehicle, as if staring at an object kilometers away. They were in their own little world, away from the death, away from the cold, away from the hunger, away from this hell on earth.

The steel floor of the halftrack was covered with a half inch thick layer of half frozen muddy slush, the air was humid but bitterly cold, each mans breath froze to his clothing, slowly building up. The inside of the transport was fogged up due to the exhaled air, Klaus found it reminiscent of the saunas in his hometown, only much, much colder. He closed his eyes again, inhaled deeply and tried to get some more rest, no one knew what to expect in the coming hours so everyone tried to rest while they could.

A splitting pain in his head woke Klaus; his head had crashed into the thick steel wall of the halftrack with an audible thud as it negotiated some rough terrain. He felt the back of his head, expecting blood, relieved when he saw none.

Upvote 0