• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

a little help please ! BSOD

Jamer

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2006
Canada
First let me say that I did first use search but nothing seemed appropriate or related to a specific game. That been said,

I've been getting the BSOD at no specific time when using my pc. I've run an avg scan, Advanced System Care, IObit Security 360, Malwarebytes' Anit-Malware, Crap Cleaner and HijackThis.
After running CHKDSK I first got,
Warning F parameter not specified. Running CHDSK in read-only mode.

I can't figure this out, could someone please point me in the right direction on how I can fix this.

Thanks in advance
cheers!

Good place to start is to tell your computer to not auto reboot on blue screen so you can read the blue screen error itself. Putting that into google should give you a hint as to what is causing it (memory, driver, application). Also look for your windows dump files after the blue screen. Some people around the interwebs have the tools needed to at least look at them and near the top they usually point at a cause.

Upvote 0
The chkdsk /F is not an error in itself, it is just a boot option that is, or not being applied.

Probably some dumb driver conflict or such like that is the cause.

That's what I assumed but wasn't sure so I posted it just in case one or the other was applicable.
Also, I just went through all my drivers a week ago cleaning out the old before installing the new. It was my first thought.
With my nVidia display drivers, I did not install the new ones and rolling with 196.21 drivers.
I guess I could check again, couldn't hurt.

cheers!

Upvote 0
You've probably not got minidump logging on. Open up the system properties in control panel, go to the advanced tab, click on the settings button in the startup and recovery section, and change the write debugging option to Small memory dump (256 KB). It will vary depending on what operating system you have. Next time the computer bluescreens it will write a minidump file to that folder. You can also turn off the automatic restart in there, which will allow you to maybe see what is causing the problem.

Upvote 0
You've probably not got minidump logging on. Open up the system properties in control panel, go to the advanced tab, click on the settings button in the startup and recovery section, and change the write debugging option to Small memory dump (256 KB). It will vary depending on what operating system you have. Next time the computer bluescreens it will write a minidump file to that folder. You can also turn off the automatic restart in there, which will allow you to maybe see what is causing the problem.

:eek:' no it wasn't logging on. I've got that set up now but I did not turn off the auto restart. Now to wait for it to bluescreen again.

Upvote 0