• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

a little ballad

Schutzen

Apr 26, 2012
:is2:

HOS left me orphan.

killed my best friend, OSTFRONT 41-45
killed the two dozens of maps, always the disposition
killed to half dozen of servers, always full....
killed the vast war territory
and it killed the tanks, ah, the tanks....

and what gave me in change:
half dozen of maps!
(and some improvements that don't overcome the losses)

GOD!
at least a new package of maps to save the situation.
and some that do obligatory the use of tanks....
R.O. doesn't have precedents.
HOS needs (HAS THE DUTY) of reaching the same level, and even of overcoming OSTFRONT 41-45.

sing with me :

HOS left me orphan ....

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadrach
Having your friend killed doesn't make you an orphan.

But since we're talking about RO2 in the podium now, I have a couple of questions for those who still play RO2 because I recently reinstalled it and I was pleasantly surprised by a number of changes. First and foremost the new class limits. So I want to give it another chance but there are still quite a few things that irk me:

1. can I hold iron sights instead of toggling them now in a non-buggy fashion? How?
2. can I disable the "tactical display" so it only shows up when I hit T? Because some servers have it on constantly but the clutter bugs me. I don't care if it puts me at a disadvantage.
3. can I disable the tutorial overlays (press space to mantle, press crtl to take cover, etc.)?
4. can I not have the "you are bleeding" thing show up when I'm not bleeding but dying or dead? I'm a simple man and this is confusing me.
5. can I bind cover and bandaging to separate keys somehow?
6. can I make the game assume I'm "ready" automatically? I'm always ready. That's the kinda guy I am!
7. can I make the server-browser show playernumbers without counting bots?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1. can I hold iron sights instead of toggling them now in a non-buggy fashion? How?
2. can I disable the "tactical display" so it only shows up when I hit T? Because some servers have it on constantly but the clutter bugs me. I don't care if it puts me at a disadvantage.
3. can I disable the tutorial overlays (press space to mantle, press crtl to take cover, etc.)?
4. can I not have the "you are bleeding" thing show up when I'm not bleeding but dying or dead? I'm a simple man and this is confusing me.
5. can I bind cover and bandaging to separate keys somehow?
6. can I make the game assume I'm "ready" automatically? I'm always ready. That's the kinda guy I am!
7. can I make the server-browser show playernumbers without counting bots?

1) Not yet in beta, but on the list
2) This shouldn't happen. If you can repro let us know
3) Yes in beta
4) This shouldn't happen if you can repro let us know
5) Yes in beta
6) No, but its on our to do list, probably next patch after this one
7) In beta, but not currently working right

Upvote 0
Ok then, downloading the beta.

#2: I didn't know this was unusual or I would have faved the server. Sorry.
(EDIT: Update on #2: Seems like the tactical display is On for me by default. Happened again on the RO Classic server in the beta. Pressing T once hides it and from then on it behaves normally. Until I rejoin the server or the map changes.)

#4 happens all the time for me. Always has, since launch. Let me know what kind of info you need!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
People are missing out on the fun...

Too look on the bright side of things, having only 1 full server to go to assures you that there is better teamwork, better communication and slowly but surly, you get to know the regulars and how they play.

That makes for HUGE fun.

Looking forward to the beta going live, free weekend and community made maps. (with flawless sdk and redirect servers :rolleyes:)

The game as it is now, even pre-beta, has gone a long way since the launch.

Upvote 0