• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A light amongst the dark...

Lev Andropov

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 31, 2011
I just logged into the forums to see how things are going. Bad it seems. I just wanted to have a thread near the top for a minute that has something positive to say about the game (as I am at work, and not currently glued to the game).
I, personally, have had little problems with the beta. I have experienced a few crashes here and there, but nothing too crazy.
The only gripes I have are the prone only working if you are very careful about where you go prone, and the mouse wheel not instantly changing my weapon, as in ROOst.
Other than that, the game has been great. I come from console shooters and was looking for something more "real". ROOst did it for me. I only purchased ROOst because of the ballistics, tanks, and because I wanted to see if RO2 was worth checking out. In my opinion, ROOst is a game that does not receive nearly enough credit for what it is, and is a legend among FPS's.
This game is different. But perhaps in time, will become a legend in its own right. Still, I've had a great time with it every time I've played. Amazing time even. Very memorable moments occur, that are sometimes startlingly realistic. And I believe that the feel of Stalingrad may have been accomplished, as fighting from room to room is a common occurrence, and gets the heart pumping. Tanks get some getting used to, but are pretty fun once you get the hang of them.
I do need to reiterate that the game has been working perfect for me, except for the occasional crash. I do consider it a beta though (I've heard some do not, though the Dev's call it that), and am fine with it.
So, there it is. It isn't as bad as you would think looking at the threads. There are some who love it...they just aren't on the forums. They are malnourished, sleep deprived, and killing fascists/commies even as you read this.

Reactions: DiedTrying
. There are some who love it...they just aren't on the forums. They are malnourished, sleep deprived, and killing fascists/commies even as you read this.

This is true, most of the competitive communities love it, as a head admin of one, ive only noticed a few people hate on it (mw2/black ops players) but the cod2/4 players seem to love it lol..

if i was Tripwire, id register over at all the competitive communities and get feedback from them, since this game is aimed at competitive gamers..

Upvote 0
Reichstag_flag.jpg

Defending the motherland on the servers and on the forums.

Don't let all the naysayers convince you this game is bad.

This is the most fun I've had with my computer in a LONG time, and I'm chugging along at 30fps with low graphics and crashes every 45 minutes. It's worth it, and that's not blind fanboyism. It really is enough fun for me to be willing to wrestle with it's bugs and glitches to see the shining core gameplay underneath.

Upvote 0
You need to keep in mind this is a beta. We're supposed to report on bugs and problematic features.

The main thing that ticked me off is the impatience and hate directed at the devs whenever a patch is delayed.

People complain if TWI doesn't give a date or time, then they complain that they shouldn't have given a date/time if they weren't 100% sure they could make it.

Give me a break.

Last edited:
Upvote 0