• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A good addition before RS2 release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warm Welcome

Feb 27, 2017
"Warm Welcome" and "InB4Reset" achievements are unobtainable in RO2.
Catagory: achievements
Reproducibility: always
Summary: We've tested "Warm Welcome" twice with big groups of people, it is broken atm. "InB4Reset" is impossible to get if you've bought the game after 2011.

I've read that devs can't remove achievements because it may affect in-game statistics.I suggest a solution.
Since "InB4Reset" achievement doesn't give any bonuses to its achievers, you can easily fix it by changing its requirements. Same for "Warm Welcome".
(Or just award every single player with them.)

The fix of these achievements will definitely encourage some players to buy your new game - Rising Storm 2 Vietnam.

I personally have 138/140 achievements in RO2 and can't get these last 2. I've been enjoying your game for almost 200 hours and it's sad that I can't get 100% achievements in it. It also affects my Average Game Completion on Steam, which is 99,9597%.
Lots of achievement hunters would really appreciate the chance to get 100% achievements in Rising Storm/Red Orchestra 2 - Multiplayer.

Thank you for your attention.

Last edited:
I've organised an event and ~12 people got Warm Welcome achievement. The problem was in the wrong description.It didn't unlock until 10 people started to run towards the wall in banzai rush. We all couldn't get the achievement even by killing 9 people in under 5 seconds. So, it either requires 5 kills in under 1-2 seconds or 5 kills in under 10 seconds at the same place. 1 of us recorded this video. It looks like the only way possible to get this achievement.

Upvote 0
Lemonater47;n2288447 said:
I also played the game and didn't get that achievement.

However I never completed a single online game beforehand. So I had no stats to reset.

That's frustrating :(
I still hope that developers can do something with it. It feels so bad when you can't fully complete the game you enjoyed.
I only have 5 games including RO2 with broken achievements left. Hopefully, they'll all be fixed one day.

Reactions: Comrade_Cosmicov
Upvote 0
Warm Welcome;n2288528 said:
That's frustrating :(
I still hope that developers can do something with it. It feels so bad when you can't fully complete the game you enjoyed.
I only have 5 games including RO2 with broken achievements left. Hopefully, they'll all be fixed one day.

Well owning the game and not completing a single online game is kinda my fault lol.

Upvote 0
Achievements, achievements, achievements
I'm afraid that achivement hunting is sometimes diametral to team play.
Come on people, have fun playing. Have fun with your team. Here u have no other goals, no business competition and you cannot buy anything with your achievements. Most of all you cannot buy fun, but achievement hunting can harm your fun.
Let game be game and life be life. Look somewhere else for achievements.

Upvote 0
dead_man;n2291535 said:
Achievements, achievements, achievements
I'm afraid that achivement hunting is sometimes diametral to team play.
Come on people, have fun playing. Have fun with your team. Here u have no other goals, no business competition and you cannot buy anything with your achievements. Most of all you cannot buy fun, but achievement hunting can harm your fun.
Let game be game and life be life. Look somewhere else for achievements.

What a story.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.