• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A Full blown russian character

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
  • Sep 20, 2015
    Ik the new characters don't sell so hot, but could we still have a new character everyone once in a while?

My suggestion would be for a Russian mercenary that got lost in the Europe during his mercenary contract.
    As in: had a mercenary squad that was sent into the europe during the zed outbreak, squad got eliminated and he's the only surviving member left.

Character aspect:
    - Only speaks russian, and i mean actual russian not an english man trying to imitate russian accent with every half of the word sounding broken.
    - Has no idea what other characters talk about when they have their little chit chats.
    - Can go very passionate during the firefights
    Spoiler!

Also would be nice if we had an all class adidas track suit available for purchase :D

Last edited:
    Because they try to speak in their native language but with wrong accents, and it makes it sound a bit cringe to those who speak in those languages.

+ having a character who's voiced by an american to sound russian is just fat no... Prime example are movies or cod4... heck even metro games had better atmosphere when characters spoke in their native language, than in the english language (maybe not bothered voice actors or other reasons)
    So i'd rather have a character who speaks in his native language only and also comes from there, for authenticity and better voice acting performance.

russians known to go agro when no one speaks russian around then, so in kf2 that would make him funnier to listen to... (especially with the prime example i left in the spoiler xD)

Reactions: missing_trigger
    Upvote 0
    It most certainly does. I'm a native French-speaker and absolutely nobody speaks like Ana...Yet most Americans seems to think so. French characters that speaks like her are a dime a dozen in fiction.

But honestly at that point...Why bother? I'd rather stay consistent and put a character that speaks English with a Russian accent. Plus, seeing that DLCs aren't very popular, I think it would prevent even more people from buying a character they can't even understand.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Thats the thing. This kind of consistency is boring... sometimes something out of the park can make things interesting.
    + since most of the time i play kf2, i constantly stumble upon a russian or a few in every match, so i'd bet the would buy them up.
    Or the people that want to roleplay as a completely different character that they dont even understand, you never know.

Upvote 0
    Well... You also have to think in time and resources. Hence why Tripwire began making DLCs after all. Even if it's not in English, we'd still need a voice actor. We'd need a new model... and make him fit with all customization options. Considering that DLCs are apparently not doing too well sadly, imagine how it would be for a character made for a niche. It may exist, I give you that. But it's still a niche.

If even Mrs.Foster and Bad Santa which were fan-favourite in the first game can't attract players... It's doubtful a Russian one would. Sadly enough.

Upvote 0