• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A friendly advice/petition.

Frenrihr

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
Chile
First of all, this post was made by two really diehard followers of the KF1.

Remember when the first Killing floor was just released?, the ambient, the tilesets, the british darker ambient/enviroment the game had in that time really was the seal of the game, In their very own style, capable to equal and surpass in some ways the competition.

Later, in the development of about the last important updates, the new content didn't really fit with the original idea, i mean a chicken robot? Crappy characters? false concept weapons? energy powered plasma guns and sort of stuff? It really screwed up the game, and we steped aside, as we didnt see the game as it was. We think, KF's dark ambient had it's humorous couterpart in other aspects of the game, instead the newer content, for example the "dosh", the music did a lot of fun, the voices and attitude of the characters, even the monsters had it's part on that.

After this little introduction, we'd like to ask to please dont do that to the 2nd KF, keep it original and loyal to the original concept (a band of dudes, brittish lads who survives or endures the evil going on, with just regular weapons and objects: lever action rifle? easy to get. Greatsword? it's London..., etc). U have a great game concept here, it can be very succesful if done right.

That's our humble opinion.
Frenrihr and Prostagmo.

Dude, just look at your avatar. You're still at level zero. And you want to tell us something about the game?

Serious Part: I don't play the game since the release so I don't know how I'd think about all the changes. I joined in like Christmas 2011. But you're not the only person who says that. There are many other people who play the game since the release and say the same.
We will see how Killing Floor 2 turns out in the end.

Upvote 0
Seriously... You guys are pathetic. Just because his picture is of the Sharpshooter icon and has no stars DOES NOT MEAN HE'S A LEVEL 0!! ITS JUST A PICTURE OF THE DAMN PERK ICON!!

Anyways yes I agree with what the OP said, no more weird crap this time around please. If we want wacky crap we'll go back to the original. Compare KF now to the original mod versions and tell me which one has the better atmosphere. Obviously the classic mod version. Please for the love of God, no Chickens, robots, Steampunk, gold plated guns, fictional guns, etc.

Upvote 0
Whoever guesses my stance on OP's post gets a prize

Sitting.

Seriously... You guys are pathetic. Just because his picture is of the Sharpshooter icon and has no stars DOES NOT MEAN HE'S A LEVEL 0!! ITS JUST A PICTURE OF THE DAMN PERK ICON!!

I haven't been in these forums in, like, forever, but please tell me you're both joking.

Upvote 0
I preferred them to the requests of rivet counters who wanted their pet assault rifle or SMG put into game, where it would have been only slightly distinguishable from other guns like it. At least with the whacky weapons (note, that don't play cartoon sound effects or drastically clash with KF's style), you know what they were and had a clear reason to try them.

Same with the skins. What do I want? Mr. Foster, or a reskin of teh default military skins, now with digital camo.

If I wanted realism, I'd be playing something other than KF.

Upvote 0
I preferred them to the requests of rivet counters who wanted their pet assault rifle or SMG put into game, where it would have been only slightly distinguishable from other guns like it. At least with the whacky weapons (note, that don't play cartoon sound effects or drastically clash with KF's style), you know what they were and had a clear reason to try them.

Same with the skins. What do I want? Mr. Foster, or a reskin of teh default military skins, now with digital camo.

If I wanted realism, I'd be playing something other than KF.

I think it's less about realism. It's more about that Killing Floor is it's own universe with it's own rules. But if you decide to expand these rules by something people can't see fit in that universe they won't be happy with it.

It's just as normal as watching a Science Fiction series. It has it's own universe and rules but if you change something you'll need to be sure that it fits the universe and / or have a good explanation.

That's the reason why I understand that people think things like alternative universe characters and weapons don't fit in a coop horror game which is playing in a modern world so well.

You and nejcooo were rather serious about Tefaan's joke.

That's actually the funniest part of the joke. lol

Upvote 0
oh great another thread about the aesthetics KF has now :rolleyes:

Chickens made KF better.
Chickenator has to be one of the most used single character DLC's ever.

We also cant forget the way people on these forums reacted when the 1st HillBilly Horror didnt unlock Commando Chicken from Day 1 and was later added in a update.
Chickens are totally needed in KF2, if not, a Steampunk Chicken.

Im still waiting for my Ebenezer Scrooge TWI ;)

Upvote 0
I think you are partially discussing something already discussed in another topic.
My say is - put all crazy skins in the game, but let them be optional. If will put a checkmark at every skin I want to see in game, and I will not put a checkmark and every skin I do not wish to see - in other words, enabling/disabling all ingame skins should be clientside.

I wish there weren't any crazy weapons, but that's not as easy to do as it could (probably) be done with skins. I don't want all that crazy stuff - I just don't enjoy it. Give me real-life weapons. I want a Lee Enfield rifle - not a Musket.

As far as atmosphere I would like it to be consistent and darker like FK1 before some "colourful" updates.

Music - just do well what you did well for first game.

Voice actors - please all original cast come back. The voices were amazing, they added so much to atmosphere. There were amusing and funny, but never stupid.

I want KF2 to be closer to KF, rather than farther from K. I want novelty and changes, but I don't want you to go too far and lose identity (and that partially happend to KF already).

He has his opnion and it doesn't matter what is his Picture like. You cannot even confirm that he is lvl 0 and even if he is, that does not mean he needs to shut up.
:( You didn't "get" the joke buddy. [sadface]

No way. You also didn't understand the joke? [sadface]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Realy that bad ? :/

Realy that bad ? :/

Like i was saying in a other thread about (more or less) the same topic I don't mind the stuff they added.
Steampunk Mr. Foster is my most played character and I just want a great time playing with my friends even with wacky weapons.
We don't need another tryhard realism games like Dayz RO2, etc.
In the end it is just a Videogame about killing zeds they are in itself (kinda) wacky. Who would tape a chainsaw on a big *** guy?
Let TWI do what they can do best, create a fun coop slaughterfest for you to enjoy.
BTW only because i am still a "Junior Member" dosn't mean i am "new" to the game. (playing since June 2010)

Last edited:
Upvote 0