• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A Focus On Asymmetry

The atmosphere looks very realistic. Great stuff.

Any chance of such explosions at least causing some movement to nearby objects that would normally be affected by a blast like this ? Like the car swaying from the force of the explosion..or even rolling over maybe ? Also other lighter objects (dust, debris, pottery, food, etc...) maybe being thrown all over the place...Is it feasible ?

I see it as an adequate alternative if more advanced destruction is not an option.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dude, you really annoying with your "balance" stuff, all I see is whining about imbalance and unrealism and a weird suggestions like flamethrower for Vietnamese.

Where did you see suggestions?
They are showing m79 as asymmetry weapon. In RS japs had knee mortar and americans had flamethrower, this is what twi thinks is a asymmetry - giving one kind of weapon only to one side and second kind of weapon only to another side while in reality both had both. So i suppose that they will give flamethrower to vietnamese because they did same thing in RS1 and also called it an asymmetry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Where did you see suggestions?
They are showing m79 as asymmetry weapon. In RS japs had knee mortar and americans had flamethrower, this is what twi thinks is a asymmetry - giving one kind of weapon only to one side and second kind of weapon only to another side while in reality both had both. So i suppose that they will give flamethrower to vietnamese because they did same thing in RS1 and also called it an asymmetry.

Well TWI's asymmetry should look properly, smth like just dont add mortar to vietnamese at it finest. Let there be a weapons that have a place to be, not just add a bunch of asymmetry weapons within the other poor guns. Like you adding asymmetry weapon that has been used from 1965 to 1975 but other regular weapon are like outdated M14 is missing in the game.
I dont want to see a game where is only main balance weapons,I want here to be every historical weapon in game on specific date map with no asymmetry weapon when it wasnt used.

Upvote 0
Well TWI's asymmetry should look properly, smth like just dont add mortar to vietnamese at it finest. Let there be a weapons that have a place to be, not just add a bunch of asymmetry weapons within the other poor guns. Like you adding asymmetry weapon that has been used from 1965 to 1975 but other regular weapon are like outdated M14 is missing in the game.
I dont want to see a game where is only main balance weapons,I want here to be every historical weapon in game on specific date map with no asymmetry weapon when it wasnt used.
You dont understand. Asymmetry is not necessairly one side having unique weapon and another side having another unique weapon. Instead one side can have advantage at one thing while another side will have advantage at another. For example germans should have MGs providing a lot more dense fire while soviets should get SMGs with a lot higher ROF and larger magazines. This will give different advantages to sides, but that doesnt mean that soviets must not have MGs or germans must not have SMGs. This is definitely not what twi thinks according to their asymmetry in RS because they gave lots of knee mortars to japs while americans dont have any player usable mortars at all, like they didnt have small mortars in real life. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2_mortar
Japs also had type 100 flamethrower, they may be didnt have as much of them as americans had but they still had and used them.
So i suppose they will give unique flamethrowers to vietnamese or something else unique since they made asymmetry so radical in RS.

Upvote 0
You dont understand. Asymmetry is not necessairly one side having unique weapon and another side having another unique weapon. Instead one side can have advantage at one thing while another side will have advantage at another. For example germans should have MGs providing a lot more dense fire while soviets should get SMGs with a lot higher ROF and larger magazines. This will give different advantages to sides, but that doesnt mean that soviets must not have MGs or germans must not have SMGs. This is definitely not what twi thinks according to their asymmetry in RS because they gave lots of knee mortars to japs while americans dont have any player usable mortars at all, like they didnt have small mortars in real life. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M2_mortar
Japs also had type 100 flamethrower, they may be didnt have as much of them as americans had but they still had and used them.
So i suppose they will give unique flamethrowers to vietnamese or something else unique since they made asymmetry so radical in RS.

Thank you, now I understand.

Upvote 0