• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

a flag icon next to the players name (to know which language he speaks)

Capt.Cool

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
Sky high
I would love to see an icon like a little flag next to your player name to represent the language you speak.
Sometimes you play with someone and try hard to explain something in english just to find out that he speaks german too. ;)

If you see a flag in the scoreboard (teamroster) next to each players name, you know who is from your country.

We need of course not all flags here, but the most important for the RO community like:
USA - GB - Germany - Austria - Russia - France - Spain - Italy
Also it would be good to have a "EU flag" for players in the EU and a "World flag" for players who wants to stay anonymously.

Since Steam already allows users to select their flag in their steam profile
how possible would it be to just have that info transfer over?
@ by bswearer

Should be not too much work for the devs, but would help a lot!

Last edited:
Reactions: u-s-e-r
I wouldn't like that as i don't want a gazillion of Germans talk to me in German.
Also this would only lead to 3-5 languages being spoken in the ingame-chat at the same time.

Main language should be English.

If you dont want somebody to speak german to you, just set your icon to english! ;)

But anyway, if you are in a tank together with a compatriot you can speak privatly in your language, and just the tankcrew hears it.

Upvote 0
and ofcourse there will be original WWII french flag - 3 white vertical stripes? ;)

that also made me chuckle too :D except last time there was a "french" joke some of us chuckled and others got pissed lol......let's not go there this time. take everything with a grain of salt right?;)

as for the idea, i actually kinda like it. of course you can generally tell by a players ping where they are located. not always exactly, but you know...

Upvote 0
why not just have a flag in the team rosters... so when u check the teams/score... the flag shows where each player is from... same should go when u join a server... ex: if u speak english.. don't join a full of germans b/c they will probably be speaking german

I thought that was pretty much the original suggestion ;o. (the only possible issue is racism that could happen)

Upvote 0
here's an idea, it may seem a bit radical but let's roll with it for a minute......what if, what IF we all learned the same language?

to be fair to all languages, i vote that somebody creates a brand new language for all mankind to use! :D

since Steam already allows users to select their flag in their steam profile (assuming they are honest about it) how possible would it be to just have that info transfer over, like how steam names (KF for example) are mirrored as player names in game?

Upvote 0
If you see a flag in the scoreboard next to each players name, you know who speaks your language!

i like this idea of displaying the nationality on the scoreboard.
but you shouldn't be able to selcet it in the options. Since RO:HOS will be using steamwork for stat tracking and all, there should be a way to detect somebody's "Location" and automatically display the right flag.

Upvote 0
what if, what IF we all learned the same language?

to be fair to all languages, i vote that somebody creates a brand new language for all mankind to use! :D

ESPERANTO !!! :p

since Steam already allows users to select their flag in their steam profile how possible would it be to just have that info transfer over, like how steam names (KF for example) are mirrored as player names in game?

Thanx for the input, I included it in my suggestion.

Upvote 0