• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A few things I would like to see moving into Killing Floor 3

-SWAT
It's funny you mention Gunslinger, because I've also been thinking about its potential obsoleteness. On one hand, pistols could fits as variable backups for any perk. On the other hand, a gungho pistoleero is quite a cool idea, and it is one of the more fun perks (along with SWAT, ironically). It all tracked back to keeping both the Gunslinger and SWAT for me as well, as you say; kinda no point in removing them now, it'd be better to expand them (along with potentially renaming them to allow for that). And for the Gunslinger I was thinking of evolving it into some kind of Special Agent or Officer, potentially tieing it into the whole "special objectives" thing I talked about in the end of my first post, to give it some kind of mission advantage as well.

Anyway, back to SWAT: Yes, we both seem to agreed that expanding it to a CC/Tank hybrid would be cool, adding some shotguns and tazers and whatnot would definitely be nice. As you also think; Going for themes rather than just a singular weapontype indeed tend to make perks far more interesting.
It's funny you talk about the obsoleteness of the gunslinger, I would prefer the Sharrpshooter being the sole headshot machine. I think it would have been cool to see sidearms do one of two things, but in either case would introduce something new. One of which

1: Each class gets a unique starting firearm
We all know of the 9mm being the one and only firearm that you start with and cannot sell. Having a sidearm that is unique to the class would make the perks feel like true loadouts and adds that layer of identifiability. The other pistols that haven't been listed would be given to an approprate class; the Deagle, AF-2011 and .500 Revolver to the SS, and the Winterbite to Survivalist.

Commando: M1911
Support: HRG Buckshot (Or a judge revolver)
Medic: Medic pistol, but now the starting weapon is the SMG
Demo: Grenade Pistol, but now the starting weapon is C4
Firebug: Spitfire
SWAT: G18c (nerfed a fair bit)
Sharpshooter: 1858 Revolver
Survivalist: A random sidearm listed from above
(Unsure what to do for the zerk that isn't just a new idea, but if that were the case, the zerk would get a taser.)

2: Give the pistols to the "Urban Ninja" and make the class Gun-fu (Personally after this idea I'd be calling this perk the hitman)

Hear me out, but instead of having weight capacity for this class, you have space allotment. You get two major slots, and within those two slots you get two minor slots. The two major slots would act as your weapons. Weapons from your class would fill up those minor slots, depending on how big/heavy they are. You could hold a melee weapon and a pistol as the standard gun-fu fighter. You could wield two pistols and play more offensive. You could wield two melee weapons to play more defensive. You could wield one pistol or one melee to play quicker and for survival. The larger weapons such as a batlleaxe (for example) would take up two minor slots.
An example of this in action is a G18c paired with a katana in Slot 1, and Dual M1911s in Slot 2.
If the Berzerker is supposed to be melee exclusive, make it so and make him a tank. The Hitman in this case would be a hit and run & bruiser hybrid.

Upvote 0