• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A few suggestions..... Please discuss

planes werent meanth to participate directly to the battle, when needed\available the were called in to strike enemy positions, they drop their 1 or 2 bombs and disappear asap. here you will have planes circling around the map constantly, ruining the gameplay.
adding un-manned airstrikes that you can call in would be awesome!

Upvote 0
^^ Yup, but they were prearranged. Maybe randomize where the strikes fall. Anyways............

Yes, you automatically undeploy when you move. The problem is;

A.) Sometimes you want to stand up quickly.

B.) Sometimes you don't want to move, or take the time to move.

C.) It is stupid - and unrealistic - to have to perform an undeploy action before you can whip out your pistol.

Upvote 0
Russian soldiers in Stalingrad (and after that) got orders to get as close as a grenade's throw distance from enemy lines so the Germans couldn't use airsupport.

This means they did use airsupport.

Wheres your source for this?
I agree that it may well be the case that they where told to get close to the enemy, but to suggest this was to do with air support is lunacy!

Upvote 0
Wheres your source for this?
I agree that it may well be the case that they where told to get close to the enemy, but to suggest this was to do with air support is lunacy!

Stalingrad 1942-1942 The Infernal Cauldron (Stephen Walsh)

And there was this book I read about Zhukov before and during the battle of Stalingrad. (there was a thread about that book in the off-topic forum but it has been removed).

There must many many more sources that will confirm this.

It wasn't just the Luftwaffe, they needed protection from artillery as well.

Upvote 0