• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A few questions for TWI

_Dariuszek_

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 10, 2011
I know that you are busy, every day we all only complain.
But I can't sleep becouse of those questions so let me ask you please...

After the announcement of changes about realism gameplay I'm happy but few things drives me crazy.

First: Performance
----------------------------------------------------------
For me game still does not working well, especially on servers with 64 slots.

Are you still working on optimizing the game?
Friends of mine with similar computers are also not satisfied.

My spec.
CPU: Intel Q9550
GPU: Zotac GTX 260 AMP2 876MB
RAM: 4GB

Second: Graphic ERROR
I wrote about this error here >>> [url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=72053[/URL]

It is the most annoying graphical bug I have seen!
When it happens I have to restart game ;/
Completely destroys game experience!

Third: Filtering servers with bots
Can you add a filter to the server browser?

For the rest of the improvements like "ralism" I can wait even a year!
But these things makes me think "I don't want to wait anymore"
Because I can not longer play in your game without a good performance and with this crazy graphic error.

Please tell me "don't worry help is on the way"

1) We continue to look into where we can optimize on performance, especially on larger player count servers. However at the same time you are being hampered by only having a dual core in this case. While the game only has 2 main processes (which it will put one on each core) it has smaller processes it can and will push to a third core where possible to ease the burden for the other cores for the primary threads.

2) This is not something we have found a reliable reproduction for and we are looking into it. If you can find a case that will make this happen every time, please let us know

3) This is on our list of things to add to the game

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
1) We continue to look into where we can optimize on performance, especially on larger player count servers. However at the same time you are being hampered by only having a dual core in this case. While the game only has 2 main processes (which it will put one on each core) it has smaller processes it can and will push to a third core where possible to ease the burden for the other cores for the primary threads.

2) This is not something we have found a reliable reproduction for and we are looking into it. If you can find a case that will make this happen every time, please let us know

3) This is on our list of things to add to the game

So does this mean quad cores aren't used to their full potential in this game? That's kind of disappointing. A modern game, especially a PC only exclusive should make use of all 4 cores. Please correct me if I misunderstood what you were saying.

Upvote 0
Of course quad-core isn't utilized fully, why do you expect it would be?

TWI is partly hampered by their choice of engine: Unreal is explicitly designed around being multiplatform and is hampered by that regardless if a specific title winds up being multiplatform or not. Largely, however, it's just a consequence of the time. Truly multithreading a task that cannot be discretely subdivided is one of the more difficult software engineering challenges out there. There's not a lot of software tools yet to help with it, and none of the major development packages, like canned game engines, have done much down that path yet, either.

If your system is meant primarily for gaming, there's not really much point in buying a hugely multicored processor now or into the forseeable future, especially not if it's coming at the expense of per-core horsepower. You won't see much gain from it.

Upvote 0