• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A fair, somewhat more realistic AT system

Vonreuter

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 3, 2006
So how can we make the AT system realistic that is fair to the AT-class?

PzFausts were not limited to PAK-Soldats alone, but giving all riflemen PzFausts at spawn doesn't sound like a good idea either, because this would finally destroy the idea of being PAK-Soldat. Some have argued that the number of PzFausts should be limited to just one per Soldat. Also, many have stated that Russians get far too many PzFausts than it would be realistic. So... Giving PzFausts to just the Germans but none to Russian infantry sounds quite unbalancing.

I thought I'd combine some ideas in hopes of reaching a reasonable resolution. These are the only changes I'm suggesting at the moment, but please feel free to add your own opinions:

1) On the German side, supply areas spawn Panzerfausts.
2) PAK-Soldat gets 3 PzFausts AND two Stielhandgranaten.
3) The Molotov Cocktail is implemented, but not given to any class per se.
4) On the Soviet side, supply areas spawn Molotov Cocktails which can be picked up by any class.

This would quite effectively limit the number of PzFausts carried by soldiers of the Red Army. Indeed, they wouldn't get any unless they took some from dead Germans or picked them up at German ammo-crates (such as in the Siegess

Rrralphster said:
To me the best solution would be that AT classes would recieve spent Fausts just at normal ammo dumps.

actualy they do... most of the time.

on arad is works pretty ok with faust reloading.
but on koningsplaza i often dont get any new fausts as a PAK (usualy try from the ammo in the center objective).

i dont get new ammo if i still have all my fausts so i shot them all BEFOR i move into the reload area.
and then it sometimes work and sometimes it dusnt...
i wonder if it only works if i have other ammo to reload aswell like a SMG clip... probably gona try that out when i get home friday and post a bug report about it (if someone else wants to do that be my guest.)

Upvote 0
The_Countess said:
actualy they do... most of the time.

on arad is works pretty ok with faust reloading.
but on koningsplaza i often dont get any new fausts as a PAK (usualy try from the ammo in the center objective).

i dont get new ammo if i still have all my fausts so i shot them all BEFOR i move into the reload area.
and then it sometimes work and sometimes it dusnt...
i wonder if it only works if i have other ammo to reload aswell like a SMG clip... probably gona try that out when i get home friday and post a bug report about it (if someone else wants to do that be my guest.)

I have noticed the same. It is frustrating to have to waste a perfectly good PF in order to get back to max, especially on Konigsplatz where you are often sneaking forward to use them. Sometimes you get them and sometimes you do not and need to run around some first before they reload.

The map with the Airport Control Tower and bunker/Ammo Dump is a great Pak-Soldat map. Take up position in the bunker with infinite reloads of PFs and ruin the day of any Russian armor or car that approaches. With an officer to present to call in arty and perhaps an MG armed troop this location is damn near invulnerable.

Upvote 0