• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A Crossbow buff

naksiloth

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 29, 2010
I'll keep this short. Crossbow needs a bit of damage bonus depends on range to be effective on harder difficulties, with that damage multiplier, it feels like a gimped version of the old crossbow. Sure I can take down a Fleshpound with an M14 without enraging it but I favor using crossbow more, so I'd like to see some damage improvement for it if it's possible. For example crossbow now hits around 300 (not sure if it still hits 300 after the damage multiplier nerf so it could be 232 as well, correct me if I'm wrong), when I shoot a target that is beyond 25 meters it should gain a damage bonus like 50-60% so it hits 480 minimal on a bodyshot like old times. it could make a Fleshpound's or Scrake's work short, if aimed from a proper distance. Therefore incase you miss you will completely drive Fleshpound insane and he'll be right infront of your nose to shred you up.
Didn't like it? well then, how about making crossbow stun the Fleshpound with a "second" shot by interrupting his rage for while? At most difficulty levels FP can be bent down with 2 crossbow shots if he didn't die by that time I think it's fair to be him to get stunned like that, for 1.1 seconds may be?

Last edited:
Reactions: sverek
@Gartley
yes it does defy the laws of physics, but there is a new weapon in TF2 (Crusaders Crossbow - Medic) that gains damage over a distance max damage is 75 i think and least damage is 30 i think. anyways point being im assuming the KF is supposed to be somewhat reallistic? if so then a %50 increase in damage over 25m would be a silly thing to do since real crossbows loose velocity over distance. but however if KF is more like TF2 then i can understand a crossbow defying the laws of physics.

Upvote 0
I am looking at M32, M14 and pipebombs.

still, being able to 2-shot (or less:eek:) a FP as long as it's from a distance? Am I the only one who doesn't think that's a bit extreme.

I personally support a small, Headshot-based buff for the Bow, simply to make it a little more potent, and end any complaining over it's weakness.

Upvote 0
I am looking at M32, M14 and pipebombs.
That's their niche.
FP is the one specimen that Demo has significant advantage over. Their role is to gank the FPs and even then, it costs a lot of ammo or a lot of money for a pipebomb to do it alone. Demo is pretty much balanced imo.
After all this, Scrake takes what feels like next to no explosive damage and makes VERY short work of Demos (Especially since Katana doesn't stun them any more).

Upvote 0
That's their niche.
FP is the one specimen that Demo has significant advantage over. Their role is to gank the FPs and even then, it costs a lot of ammo or a lot of money for a pipebomb to do it alone. Demo is pretty much balanced imo.
After all this, Scrake takes what feels like next to no explosive damage and makes VERY short work of Demos (Especially since Katana doesn't stun them any more).

Then why people keep saying "nothing should kill bigs too fast"? That should be "sharpshooter with xbow should not kill bigs fast".

When people talk about xbow, they say nothing should be too good against bigs. And then someone point out many weapon can, they ignore their perious statement and say abc is balanced.

How many people here really consider the whole picture instead of defending ANY OFFICIAL CHANGE to "try and act smart"? This update reminds me of the chainsaw nerf. Back then a hell lot of people come out and say blah blah blah about how the chainsaw was overpowered.

Upvote 0
why would you want to make a scrake or fleshpound's work short?

The Bow does that on lower difficulties anyway...and on higher difficulties it's not supposed to make their work short. And further more, why bodyshot damage instead of headshot damage?

I would like to hear some reasoning, thats all:D

I want the base damage increase to hitdown mediocre targets in easier difficulties (siren or husk) as well as triggering pure rage (or wrath) of big targets on higher difficulties, incase you misfire the shot as a body shot.
Also base damage increase could make your work lighter on most cases. %50 increase means %50 total increase on headshot damage anyway. with that damage outcome you can kill a Fleshpound on HoE with 3 shots instead of 4. You aren't really supposed to touch a Fleshpound with a crossbow bolt unless you have 25 meters distance from him anyway. So I thought that'd be nice to have some damage bonus in your packs as long as someone does the bulk clearing and keeps the trash mobs away from your arse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0