• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A colt M1911 as an UPGRADE for 9mm? How about this one?

To bad it lacks force when the bullet hits a target and they jam like a motherf*****.
Bullpup enginered rifles where made to be smaller and more easier to use.

(Dont reply, need to goto the dentist, brb)

It certainly has enough "force" to shoot through 3 people or more! The M4 bullet flies with about 850m/s and weights about 40g= 4*10^-2 kg.

E=(m*v

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was just refering to the pure kinetic energy but what unit do you use for your fomulas? It would be (kg^2*m^4)/s^3..... and idk if mixing meters and mm is a good idea.
This certainly looks interesting but I just don't know what the values mean.

Or E=h*f :D

@Eric Fong

Haha that looks like the Steyr Aug!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
...The first step in making gun ownership illegal is reducing knowledge.
Then restricting them...

I'd offer that an even earlier step in this process is electing individuals to govern who view the needs of the State as being more important than the rights of individuals, and/or allowing such officials to appoint people to unelected positions who have that mindset.

To further gun-geek this thread, let me give you some real-world energy numbers, derived from the chronographs of one of the ranges I belong to.

9X19mm FN M1935:
4-11/16" (~119mm) barrel - 125gr. (8.1g) FMJ - 1100 foot/seconds (335m/s) muzzle velocity - 336 foot/pounds (455j) muzzle energy

.45ACP M1911A1:
5" (127mm) barrel - 230gr. (14.9g) FMJ - 850 foot/seconds (259m/s) muzzle velocity - 369 foot/pounds (500j) muzzle energy

5.56X45mm S&W M15:
20" (508mm) barrel - 63gr. (~4.1g) FMJ - 2860 foot/seconds (884m/s) muzzle velocity - 1143 foot/pounds (~1550j) muzzle energy

(I'm using 1 foot/pound of force = approx. 1.356 joule)

Velocities were taken at 6 yards (5.5m) for the handgun rounds, and 9 yards (8.2m) for the rifle. I'm not a native metric-system user, so apologies in advance for any uncaught errors.

I think an additional handgun, or three, would be a fine enhancement to the game, with the usual hurdles being satisfied. The M1911A1 is a sound candidate for consideration.

Upvote 0
I'm not a gun geek but just try to solve things with logical thoughts. Things like Physiks shouldn't be as hated and actually be tought more.
While these things just are very very basic, there are other things in life, which get much clearer and actually interesting.
Also you always have to use Si units for physical calcs, that's why I hate feet, pounds and so on.

Oh and the MK23 has been whitelisted :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not a gun geek but just try to solve things with logical thoughts. Things like Physiks shouldn't be as hated and actually be tought more.
While these things just are very very basic, there are other things in life, which get much clearer and actually interesting.
Also you always have to use Si units for physical calcs, that's why I hate feet, pounds and so on.

Oh and the MK23 has been whitelisted :)

Exterior Ballistics is a fascinating subject. Sorry about the English Units and fractions, but, old habits die hard.

About the Mk. 23; I didn't know that, and, it is wonderful news! Congratulations to you and -=Ivan=-!

Upvote 0
I was just refering to the pure kinetic energy but what unit do you use for your fomulas? It would be (kg^2*m^4)/s^3..... and idk if mixing meters and mm is a good idea.
This certainly looks interesting but I just don't know what the values mean.

Or E=h*f :D

Since the end units on the first equation and the second equation aren't even the same ((m^4*kg^2/s^3) and (kg*m^3/s^7/4))... they're really not meant to go into easily definable units. More or less I was concentrating on the final values rather than the units involved. The first equation is more based upon kinetic energy and momentum, whereas the second is based upon kinetic energy and bullet rpm.

I might make another version that is based upon kinetic energy and rotational energy directly. Although figuring moments of inertia might be a bit trickier to determine with as few known variables as possible... hence why I went off an equation for bullet rpm. Eh, I sometimes get lazy and try taking shortcuts.

Upvote 0
I dont have much to say other than i think its a really kool idea considering the 9mm on suicidal is useless off perk imo, lol but i definately think that its needs something from Europe at least maybe not Britian persay, like buddy said in the military they barely use their homeland guns, and i do like m1911 but is way over used in games, i do think a glock would be awesome tho i dunno my glock models but some type of higher power glock than that m9

Upvote 0
Just as the topic. Dealers sell an upgrade which removes the 9mm and grant a colt M1911 instead. No dual guns. This upgrade can be reversed. This upgrade take NO weight.

The M1911 has more damage, a little higher recoil than the 9mm,but lower on magazine capacity and ammo pool capacity. (For example 7/15,result in 112 rounds after all.)

Reasons for this upgrade is that 9mm today in perks other than SS are almost waste iron. And what is the purpose of pistols at war? "Remember,switching to your pistol is always faster than reloading." After rounds of 9mm fired ,what we find is that the zeds charge as if they were not shot by the pistols at all! WTF!
The one who buy this upgrade will tell a different story.

Also,with the SS hs bonus, this gun can be a replica of the handcannon. Pretty useful though.

I do agree that the pistols for the ss are a little lack luster once you upgrade to lever action / crossbow / m14.

But I don't think the solution is to add another handcannon-esque weapon. Buff m14, and give us the gunslinger perk!

Upvote 0