• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

9mm weapon switch rotation compromise

In the latest update the 9mm was removed from weapon rotation which I understand was highly requested and I understand the benefits after adjusting to the change, but there are still some issues. First off there isn't an option in the game to toggle back to the old ways for those who prefer it or it worked better for(like for some console people). Also in cases like the start of a game(for some perks) or you're carrying just a big weapon(rpg/raingun) you want to quickly switch between weapons to pick off small fry with the 9mm.
A rework of switching would be best, but that takes more work and the game might be too old for a big change in controls, so I want to suggest a hopefully simple compromise since Tripwire is gonna be working on more quality of life stuff for the next update.

If you only have 1 weapon with ammo(or a melee weapon besides knife) allow 9mm on weapon rotation. This will allow quicker switching to 9mm in cases like the start of a game were you only have 1 weapon or your small fry killing gun is out of ammo; because right now pressing switch just does nothing in such scenarios unlike before. And when you do get a second weapon or your other gun gets ammo the 9mm will be taken off rotation to not get in your way

This would hopefully appease those who don't like the recent change without getting in the way of all the people who requested the 9mm being removed from rotation. Let me know if this isn't as simple to implement as I thought or more ways to smooth this idea out