9_6's Specter 3ds max 2011 rendered

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

VidGameDude

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 14, 2010
Hey everyone.

thought i would take the time to make this bad girl as a cool tribute to an awesome idea by 96's Specter drawing found here http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=42754&highlight=spectre

all the info you need is posted in his thread and i hope you all enjoy the couple of rendesrs im making for the kf team.

I DO NOT OWN THE IDEA OF THE CHARACTER...THIS IS MERELY A FANART THING BROUGHT TO LIFE IN MY OWN VISION. ALL COPYRIGHT GOES TO HIM (96) EXCEPT FOR THE 3D RENDER.

just so were clear...dont sue me -_-

l8s

EDIT UPDATE:

v---here's the thread linking to the creation of it being a mutator
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=43043

l8s

Attachments

• KillingFloor-TestSpetre.jpg
    KillingFloor-TestSpetre.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 0
  • KillingFloor-TestSpetre2.jpg
    KillingFloor-TestSpetre2.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 0
  • KillingFloor-TestSpetre3.jpg
    KillingFloor-TestSpetre3.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 0
  • KillingFloor-TestSpetre4.jpg
    KillingFloor-TestSpetre4.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 0
  • KillingFloor-TestSpetre5.jpg
    KillingFloor-TestSpetre5.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

YoYoBatty

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 17, 2009
Canada
You are the best modeller on these forums ever!!! Hey, do you mind modeling an xm8 with teh KF hands for me? I alrdy got the weapon code.....! That was actually a joke, you don't have to.

Edit: If you do the animations and skeleton rigging for this monster, I will code it!

Last edited:

VidGameDude

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 14, 2010
You are the best modeller on these forums ever!!! Hey, do you mind modeling an xm8 with teh KF hands for me? I alrdy got the weapon code.....! That was actually a joke, you don't have to.

Edit: If you do the animations and skeleton rigging for this monster, I will code it!

sorry to disappoint but...im not good at animations or enveloping models.
since i've only been using autodesk 3ds max for about 10 months.

so i was hoping someone on the forums could animate and envelope my rigged things for kf, other than that im pretty much a loser...

l8s

YoYoBatty

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 17, 2009
Canada
It takes major skills to be able to model something so detailed in a matter of hours! Props man!

HaTeMe

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 20, 2009
Behind You!
That was quick o_O, and looks good too.

Didnt even know there was a modeller lurking in the forums, besides NoGlory.

VidGameDude

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 14, 2010
That was quick o_O, and looks good too.

Didnt even know there was a modeller lurking in the forums, besides NoGlory.

am i really the only modeler?
jesus...

...looks like ill have to break out my motivation stick and start giving everyone in the forums a wake up call lol

l8s

YoYoBatty

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 17, 2009
Canada
am i really the only modeler?
jesus...

...looks like ill have to break out my motivation stick and start giving everyone in the forums a wake up call lol

l8s

No_Glory and The_Sorrow can model. Not to mention a handle full of mappers as well!

No Glory

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 6, 2009
BC, Canada
=`( Everybody's forgotten meh! =`(

But Heck, if you can send me that model, I'll see if I can get it into the game once I finish up the last of the cyclops :)

VidGameDude

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 14, 2010
=`( Everybody's forgotten meh! =`(

But Heck, if you can send me that model, I'll see if I can get it into the game once I finish up the last of the cyclops :)

sorry i cant do that...

only if a tripwire official director approves.
then i'll think about it.

YoYoBatty

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 17, 2009
Canada
You don't need it approved by TWI, I implented a specimen into the game. Its called The FirePound and its added in by a mutator.

VidGameDude

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 14, 2010
You don't need it approved by TWI, I implented a specimen into the game. Its called The FirePound and its added in by a mutator.

ok to make this clear...i hate mutators.

i will only make models to impress the tripwire team in hopes they make it official; otherwise it's complete garbage much like the mutator system itself.

Last edited:

9_6

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 4, 2009
Those bumps on her chest are supposed her ribs though cause she's all anorexic and stuff because that thing on her head won't let her open her mouth and actually is supposed to cover her eyes like the thing fleshpounds have on theirs.

I'll just blame that on my messy sketch and your artistic freedom though.
Nice job.

I wonder how it would look like textured.

Last edited:

CandleJack

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 2, 2009
VIC
I'm impressed.

I'm a textbook amature 3D modeller in a VET multimedia class doing 3D modelling using Art of Illusion. I suck at it right now, and with my experience, i can say i am impressed.

Badbloody

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 2, 2010
France
So, what's up about this project ? Do you want to share it with some guys ? Have you made some changes about it ?

i will only make models to impress the tripwire team in hopes they make it official; otherwise it's complete garbage much like the mutator system itself.

No offense but then what ? Are you about to delete the files if no one of the dev's get interest for it ? It's not a little selfish doing that ? And, you know, doing the thing that way, you will impress no one because the project will avort .

Imagine that you share your works with some experienced people, then they could texture her, anime her , etc etc ... Then it will give a final thing that can be add . The devs that's seeing this will probably say "wow, great model and anim, who made that ?".

So, i think that this project has better chance to make his way throw the hands / eyes of the devs by making a community stuff than making nothing at all .

Just my point of view.

VidGameDude

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 14, 2010
No offense but then what ? Are you about to delete the files if no one of the dev's get interest for it ? It's not a little selfish doing that ? And, you know, doing the thing that way, you will impress no one because the project will avort .

Imagine that you share your works with some experienced people, then they could texture her, anime her , etc etc ... Then it will give a final thing that can be add . The devs that's seeing this will probably say "wow, great model and anim, who made that ?".

So, i think that this project has better chance to make his way throw the hands / eyes of the devs by making a community stuff than making nothing at all .

Just my point of view.

it's a matter of getting myself well known for my abilities and if everyone that works with me on it hogs all the credit there will be very little for me ( if that were to happen...which it probably won't) so yes...in a sense i am selfish but at a respectable and reasonable level.

Olivier

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
it's a matter of getting myself well known for my abilities and if everyone that works with me on it hogs all the credit there will be very little for me ( if that were to happen...which it probably won't) so yes...in a sense i am selfish but at a respectable and reasonable level.

There's no such thing as: ''he did 30%, i did 70%''. Just he did the modelling part, i did the texturing and animation and that guy made the coding. Its simple as that. Everyone is selfish, but your name will appear next to everyone else's name if you work with someone else. Take Fel's signature for example: Candlesmoke by Fel and Dextronaut.

dextronaut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 26, 2009
Pacific Northwest
ok to make this clear...i hate mutators.

id be jarateed off if they added her to the official game. no offence but shes way too futuristic. this game is going from zombie survival to quake/doom scifi. the Husk is pushing it enough as it is.

Last edited: