• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

92 points in Finland biggest Gaming oriented magazine!

Nifa

Jan 23, 2006
Yep, for everyone who don't have the newest copy of Pelit - Magazine: 92 points

Good:
+Great atmoshperice
+Just enough ammount of realism
+Damage modelling
+Cheap

bad:
- Graphics could be better
- Bullets cant go through objects.
- single player mode is just bot-match

"Worldwarshooters have now new king!" Pelit-Magazine

It was a good article. Now we only have to wait gamers to run to shops which don't have game in their shelves ... I'm afraid that it's quite hard to find this game from shops. But with this kind of publicity they will realize how good game it is.

I'm waiting for more players from Finland (and Nordic) to join RO battles.

Upvote 0
At last, a reviewer who has sat down and played the game with an open mind.
Realism is where the sweet spot is at. That is what most of us want.

The thrill of the one hit kill, with a rifle (no scope) from seventy plus yards, is just wonderful.

Espescially when we've been used to the many hit, no kill, from five yards, that most other games offer.

Upvote 0
[RO]Wilsonam said:
Edit: Wendros are just waiting to get the official age rating before shipping boxes in large numbers to Finland, plus Sweden, Norway and Denmark!

Oh man... So the wait continues...

On the topic, Pelit is a very good magazine and they usually spot the quality games and they're also very influental: they gave very good ratings to Silent Storm and the game got huge boost of sales in Finland. Same has happened to couple of other underground titles, like King of Dragon Pass (94 pts iirc), sold the most in Finland if you compare the units sold to the population. The developer was amazed, but the sales were still considered as a flop as a whole. That's really really sad...

Upvote 0
Tomcat_ha said:
Imho roost doesnt deserve over 90 points. This isnt a game like UT or TA. If i would review this i would give it somewhere around the mid 80's.

And games like cod2 and bf2 do honestly if we have big gaming mags giving bf2 and cod2 90+ i have problems seeing ro getting 90+ for god's sake man we've had plenty of reviews under scoring roo why not one over scoring it for a change so dont complain who knows this might result in a player boost this game deserves.

Upvote 0
Ron said:
And games like cod2 and bf2 do honestly if we have big gaming mags giving bf2 and cod2 90+ i have problems seeing ro getting 90+ for god's sake man we've had plenty of reviews under scoring roo why not one over scoring it for a change so dont complain who knows this might result in a player boost this game deserves.

Those games get high scores because they are famous. However i dont give scores like that. For me its all about gameplay.

Upvote 0
Moriarty said:
Could somebody translate this please?
I'd love to read it!
Thanks in advance.

Mori :)

I am willing to translate as soon as I get copy of Pelit - Magazine or someone sends me the text.

Chao2 said:
Guess were going to see a big boost in finnish players soon:)
I believe there is a lot wating for box to ship to stores. I am waiting for it aswell.

Upvote 0