• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

!900's/ The Samurai's Mod

Nathan Bay

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 3, 2008
The Moon
Alright, i know i may have said i was gonna work on a war of the worlds mod but i have really thought this one out.

It all starts out with being in 1901 and the samurai's are being pushed out by modern imperialist japan. The samurai want to stay true to their traditional ways and disagree to change their ways. Modern japan responds by attacking and to rid of the samurais.

Features- Being able to play as either samurai or Japans imperial soldier.

Samurai weapon/Vehicles-
3 different versions of samurai swords with a special feature of being able to break in half.
Long bow with optional exploding arrows.
Spears
Throwing knives
Bomb bag ( for blowing up enemy vehicles.)
More to be thought of!

Japanese Imperial Army Weapon/Vehicles
Imported enfield rifle
Pistols
Bayonet
Sword( only if squad leader)
Grenades
Steam Powered Tank with MG and field cannon attachment
Regular 8 pounder field cannon with limited 15 rounds.

WARNING: DID NOT COPY FROM THE LAST SAMURAI........ (eyes shifty, Suspicion occurs)

Nathan, don't give up! I think you should stick with your HG Wells theme, and perhaps create a mod based on The Time Machine. Eloi and Morlock infantry scenarios galore!

LOL..

TBH Nathan, you might want to start off small.. add in a fun vehicle or two.. Pick something totally off the wall that was used in WW2 and add it in.. sorta like a mini-mod and more of what the AHZ guys do. Learning multiple facets of UnrealEngine isn't a bad thing at all.

Workinng on a TC (total conversion) mod takes -alot- of man hours.. and tbh, I wouldn't recommend it unless you are willing to commit alot of time not just in working of stuff like models/sounds/textures, but also managing people.

That said.. if you want to join an existing mod/team, I'm sure any of the existing mods would be happy to have you.

Upvote 0
Samurai and Ninjas would NEVER work together. Trust me, I know, I'm a Samurai.

rezsig3zj.jpg

Upvote 0