• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

51s SDK ? box

fiftyone

Grizzled Veteran
May 6, 2006
Hello,
I' ve decided to give the RO sdk a go.
I've read the RO tutorials and have done the "my first room thing" and it all seems to work as best I can get it to.
Also checked out the UEd sites, Angel Mapper, 3dbuzz and a few others.

Just to let you know that I have worked with Hammer/Source in the past so I do have a basic idea about these things.
The main difference is that in Hammer you start with nothing and build something, here you start with something and build nothing, but I've got over that and have adjusted my line of thought to match !

So my first Noob mapping question is : do I have to build my level and then add terrain, by adding a subtract cube, terrain actor, sunlight actor etc...
Then saving all that in the "mylevel" thing, which would then be added to the basic level that I have created ?
Or can I start of by building my terrain world and then building upon or in it.

I have tried reading to find the answer but it is not clear, at least not to me anyhow.

Thanks for any held that you can give me.

I will more than not be back for more, which is why I started this thread.

See you soon....51

Thanks for the reply Whirlwind*.

So in that case, I would have a space with my buildings or whatnot and another space with my terrain, which I would then add to the first, hmm !

I might just install Unreal T4k, so as to lean the ropes as it were.

If you do know of a tutorial or document that explains this in finer detail please let me know.

See u later...51

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies guys..

I'm watching videos, reading tutorials, adding and subtracting and even mucking about with bot nodes.
I got the Ruskys defending but the blinking Gerrys refuse to leave their spawn area to attack.

Its 4 in the morning, thank heavens its Sunday, already :eek: !!!

Upvote 0