• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

45/100 review score

I think this review pretty much hit the nail on the head.

I especially like this part here.
I wish you were trolling, but I agree.:(

The "lolgraphics" part was inappropriate though. Not only because the graphics are really far from bad enough to warrant this kind of reaction but also because describing ANY kind of graphics, no matter how bad, as "lolgraphics" is so embarrassing it sends shivers down my spine.

Also, where did the poor guy pay 50$ for the game?:p

Reactions: LemoN and Alexei
Upvote 0
The "lolgraphics" part was inappropriate though. Not only because the graphics are really far from bad enough to warrant this kind of reaction but also because describing ANY kind of graphics, no matter how bad, as "lolgraphics" is so embarrassing it sends shivers down my spine.

Agreed.

The review is by no means a literary masterpiece, and it certainly isn't even well written, but it's dead on accurate on the important bits.

Upvote 0
Well, listen, you know.

One, game reviewers are gigantic ****ing blowhards. So that's one thing.

The other, they get all butt hurt over the smallest thing.

So you nearly all the time have to take what they say with a grain of salt, and particularly small upstart reviewers on blog-ish websites because they're fishing for site hits.

But at the same time, you can't exactly trust these monkey reviewers at the professional publications that get early "9.5 GAME OF THE YEAR" reviews before the rest of the pack.

I don't think he "hit the nail on the head" precisely, but he was definitely standing on home plate swinging his bat around for what it's worth.

Upvote 0
Umm... the graphics look better than any game I've seen why are they bashed so much...?

Because they are not as good as some games which have not even been released yet? :rolleyes:

Review has some point, the game has its bugs and could have probably used another delay to clean up stuff, but TW was sort of already backed into a lose/lose situation. Delay/Release = People pissed off.

However it also had alot of unnecessary bias/trolling in it such as:

"lolGraphics"

"The problem isn't just the underwhelming aesthetics and environments, it's the flawed UI and cover system as well; the screen is a mess with poorly designed elements that are seemingly placed arbitrarily"

"The Development team is clearly inexperienced.
"

Reviews should point out genuine good/bad in the game, not littered with biased opinions and snide remarks.

Upvote 0

"The problem isn't just the underwhelming aesthetics and environments, it's the flawed UI and cover system as well; the screen is a mess with poorly designed elements that are seemingly placed arbitrarily"

Reviews should point out genuine good/bad in the game, not littered with biased opinions and snide remarks.

Reviewer is just another moron Comm design major.

There's nothing wrong with the aesthetics, that part is bunk.

I'll grant him the cover system is wonky as ****. Not useless though.

Upvote 0
Agreed.

The review is by no means a literary masterpiece, and it certainly isn't even well written, but it's dead on accurate on the important bits.

Which bits?

He pretty much hated the graphics, the cover system, and the fact that it's not a run and gun...

The only one that's not totally subjective is the cover system. It can be glitchy.

Upvote 0
What a horrible review! I read it and it sounded like a COD fanboys thoughts!

COD fanboys don't have any thoughts they just derp through their day and have frat parties with their bros

Which bits?

He pretty much hated the graphics, the cover system, and the fact that it's not a run and gun...

That's a total and obvious mischaracterization lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Quit giving this guy traffic. It means that his gambit is paying off.

Disregard idiots > Enjoy your game.

That is exactly true, sort of like that idiot at another website I will not mention for fear of giving him hits

These sorts of attention whores are all over the web, and the reality is, unfortunately, now that the game is literally in your possession you have the ability to form your own opinion on the product and make your own review.

Upvote 0
It's pretty clear the reviewer didnt' really bother to do his homework on the game, even in a limited sense, before writing the review. I don't understand at all where he's coming from in the graphics department, or where he got the information that RO2 is a $50 title ...

That said, he has some very good points. The game does feel like a mishmash of elements that often don't feel like they go together. The squad system doesn't really feel like it has a purpose in the overall gameplay. Many of the HuD elements and design feel a tad arbitrary. The presence of an unlocks system in the middle of a game that's all about historical accuracy and realism is a strange dichotomy. Also, the game launching absolutely PACKED with big bugs and gamebreaking crashes certainly doesn't help with first impressions.

So whereas his overall review is very poorly written and has some questionable criticisms, many of his big points I'd have to at least in some part agree with, although maybe not take them to the extreme that he did in this review. It also sounds like he got his *** handed too him :D

Upvote 0